News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Your Club's Start

Started by Jerry McClean, October 18, 2012, 05:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry McClean

People like to say that you can only judge the 'start' of a season after 10 games. And as 10 games have passed in a real footballing league like the good ol' Championship I thought I'd check out what you guys think of your team's start. Have they changed your start of season expectations? Are you satisfied with your squad/manager?

For Forest it has been largely indifferent. We started amazingly and were playing some of the best football in the league under SOD. But then I think teams figured out that they needed to really get in our player's faces and try and stop the passing football. I'd say we've been unlucky in a couple of matches too. But considering the state we were in at the end of last season/summer when we lost every senior defender in the club I've found our start really promising. Some good football to watch. Some great goals. And an exciting future with a (seemingly) stable ownership.

Rob

Totally flipped for me, I thought we'd be bottom 4 at this point, even after 3 games having lost the first 3. But we've played some fantastic football. Probably should've got 21 points out of 21 but Forest were lucky to get a draw out of us ;-) Hopefully we can get at least 20 points out of the next 30... It is too early to no just yet, Palace are well known for being early bloomers, we were top 6 in December last year and it fell to shit...
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

Arsenal is definatly doing better than I thought, only losing to Chelsea in a game we could have easily won, and we dominated Man City. Should have gotten full points at Sunderland, but hard to do when the other team all out defends the entire game.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Rob.B

I thought Chelsea would do well but not quite as well as we have so far. I thought it would take a while for the team to gel but it seems that only one of Mata/Oscar/Hazard has to be playing well to get us all three points. The only problem I see is in defence where we're lacking some back up for Terry. He's really good at keeping the backline solid and I don't think we have someone to step into that role during his four game ban.

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Dorling

Careful sir, that's the city of my birth and current residence you're talking about.

Which leaves me in a quandry of my own as an Arsenal fan. We were shit.