News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

You're allowed one signing...

Started by Jerry McClean, June 20, 2013, 05:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry McClean

To strengthen your team for next season. Be it for pushing on, staying up, searching for promotion etc. Who do you pick?

And before anyone says Messi....let's be realistic! haha

Cory

Arsenal: Wayne Rooney, easy.

Keeper: Szczesny is a decent keeper. His first year as a starter he was top 5 in the prem, had a lesser season last year but it still a top 10 keeper in the prem.

Backline of: Sagna/Jenkinson, Mertersacker/Vermaelen, Koscielny, Monreal/Gibbs is decent. Better depth than we've had in recent years.

Mid: Wilshere/Ramsey and Arteta in the middle, Cazorla/Oxlade/Walcott are all great players.

Att: Podolski had a pretty good year last season, but also plays on the wing at times, vice versa for Walcott, so that leaves Giroud and Gervinho. Giroud id like having off the bench next season, and we need to sell Gervinho. Arsenal NEED a clinical finisher, and thats Rooney to a T

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Rob

Stewart Downing or Jermaine Defoe I think are realistic targets for us
SixersEagles

[/center]

Flins.

Billy Sharp (if Austin is sold)

If not, I think Lee Tomlin would be a good signing for us and well within our reach.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Tough call for United. I would say Leighton Baines has to be up there.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Kirk

Modric. He would fit perfectly in the midfield next to Carrick.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

spartacus258

Cand o femeie cumpara pantofi dama sau sandale dama va cumparara intotdeauna si 2 rochii de seara

Rob

Luckily for me the one signing I wanted was Marcus Gayle some nobody from Peterborough who got relegated and I want to pay stupid money for him, and we got him. Excellent!
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jerry McClean

I'm going to kinda cheat on this one and pretend that we're signing al our loan players from last year so I don't need to try and replace them.

That means we're having this lad. So back off Flins >_>

Quote from: Flins. on June 21, 2013, 04:41:25 PM
Billy Sharp (if Austin is sold)

If not, I think Lee Tomlin would be a good signing for us and well within our reach.

With rumours of us signing a good young winger I think a strong centre back would be a key addition. We've already signed a couple of fullbacks and I think an experienced centre back would make our defence really strong and then we could worry about those things everyone wants (winger who is quick, can beat people, makes good decisions and has good crosses.............and that 20+ goal a season striker). Rumours of a return for big Wes Morgan would be great news

FXBlade

Centre Back.

Dont care who, but someone who isnt 18-22 and can boss the defence.

Alot of good guys, and given half a chance an experience, Nathan Baker is a future England CB (IMO).  But we need someone at Villa who can thrown their weight around (and yes Richard dunne was good, but a whole season injured, just not good enough!)

Guvnor

Cardiff need a centre back and a strong holding midfielder type. We were linked with Wanyama, but I'm glad we've pulled out of that deal given the fee Celtic want and the terms the player's agent demanded from Southampton.

We definitely need a centre half or two though. Hudson and Turner did a solid job in the Championship, but neither have them has any real pace and they'll get murdered by the likes of Van Persie, Suarez, Benteke and even an old trundler like Rooney. We're relying on an 19 year old who's made about half a dozen appearances if one of them gets injured.

It's difficult though to find someone who is going to genuinely improve the team and give value for money. I'd love players with proven premier league experience, but they cost and they're unlikely to leave established EPL clubs for probable relegation contenders. But then in a league where everyone outside the top 7 or 8 is realistically fighting relegation it's how well you can sell yourself.

Maybe a couple of cheeky loan bids will do the trick. Someone like Romeu from Chelsea would be nice, but probably unlikely.

Jerry McClean

Quote from: Guvnor on July 09, 2013, 07:42:35 PM
Cardiff need a centre back and a strong holding midfielder type. We were linked with Wanyama, but I'm glad we've pulled out of that deal given the fee Celtic want and the terms the player's agent demanded from Southampton.

We definitely need a centre half or two though. Hudson and Turner did a solid job in the Championship, but neither have them has any real pace and they'll get murdered by the likes of Van Persie, Suarez, Benteke and even an old trundler like Rooney. We're relying on an 19 year old who's made about half a dozen appearances if one of them gets injured.

It's difficult though to find someone who is going to genuinely improve the team and give value for money. I'd love players with proven premier league experience, but they cost and they're unlikely to leave established EPL clubs for probable relegation contenders. But then in a league where everyone outside the top 7 or 8 is realistically fighting relegation it's how well you can sell yourself.

Maybe a couple of cheeky loan bids will do the trick. Someone like Romeu from Chelsea would be nice, but probably unlikely.

Quote from: Blade on July 05, 2013, 07:25:04 PM
Centre Back.

Dont care who, but someone who isnt 18-22 and can boss the defence.

Alot of good guys, and given half a chance an experience, Nathan Baker is a future England CB (IMO).  But we need someone at Villa who can thrown their weight around (and yes Richard dunne was good, but a whole season injured, just not good enough!)

Looks like you both got your wish. Caulker is a class signing for Cardiff IMO. And Villa signing Okore who, whilst young, played well in Europe last season.

FXBlade

okore managed 45 minutes against Shamrock.

I hope he plays on Saturday when I see him against Malaga.

Although not the player I hoped for, I hope he works out.  I still feel we will miss the CB who can boss the defence and help the youngsters grow.  You know, the Adams, Vidic, Ferdinand, Terry type player.

We were never going to attract a multi million pound signing, all i ask for is aged experience, like when Collins and Dunne had one good season.

Cory

..hope Okore does good, have him slotted in my fantasy team.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Dorling

Themed my fantasy football team this year and went all Spanish:

GK: Robles (Everton) Adrian (Hull)

DEF: Enrique (Liverpool) Muniesa (Stoke) Garrido (Norwich) Azpilicueta (Chelsea) Luna (Villa)

MID: Cazorla (Arsenal) Mata (Chelsea) Michu (Swansea) Garcia (Man City) Falque (Spurs)

FWD: Negredo (Man City) Soldado (Spurs) Aspas (Liverpool)