News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

World Cup Qualifying Play Off Draw Made.

Started by Duckman, October 19, 2009, 09:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

Here's the draws for the play off's to get into the 2010 World Cup in South Africa:

Republic of Ireland v France
Portugal v Bosnia-Hercegovina
Greece v Ukraine
Russia v Slovenia

Unlucky on Ireland drawing France.  I know they've not been the force they once were but you just know the French can pull 2 performances out to qualify.

Looks like Ronaldo will be at the World Cup, can't see Portugal losing to Bosnia.

Hopefully the Russians get through because Arshavin deserves to shine on a World Cup stage.

Any thoughts on the draw and who might make it to South Africa?

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

FUCK!

Me and my brother flipped shit when we saw what Ireland drew.

Trapattoni hopefully can keep them on form....maybe call up Andy Reid? He's be sick in the Prem.

Want Russia to go or same reasons. I still believe there is 5-6 players that much like after Euros will be 15+ million contracts elsewhere like Zhirkov/Arshavin. Kolodin is my guess, their center back as well as their keeper Akinfeev.

Predictions: Ireland, Portugal, Ukraine, Russia

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

Actually fuck Portugal. The fact that Bosnia have Dzeko as their striker, they'll toss those divers.

Kenfucius

Draw's bullshit.

I'm still just pissed by the fact that FIFA stated the playoffs would be unseeded prior to the beginning of the qualification cycle, then they changed their mind and seeded it at the last minute.

Wonder if that has something to do with the fact that France and Portugal didn't win their groups.

In any event, I think Cory's right on his predictions, including the Bosnia one, they're a sleeper for these playoffs. I also expect Ireland to take it to away goals.

Drama Queen

Quote from: Duckman on October 19, 2009, 09:23:43 AM

Unlucky on Ireland drawing France. 

Unlucky my fucking arse. Unlucky would be a random unseeded draw. Bollox is more like the word your looking for.

Cory

0-4

fuck.......slovenia over russia? wtf...who wants to see slovenia play? fucking away goals...

and tough luck for Ireland, my brother is livid right now.