Champions League Quarter/Semi Final Draw.

Started by Duckman, March 19, 2010, 01:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER-FINAL DRAW:

1st leg:

Tuesday 30 March:
Lyon v Bordeaux
Bayern Munich v Manchester United

Wednesday 31 March:
Arsenal v Barcelona
Inter Milan v CSKA Moscow

2nd leg:

Tuesday 6 April:
Barcelona v Arsenal
CSKA Moscow v Inter Milan

Wednesday 7 April:
Bordeaux v Lyon
Manchester United v Bayern Munich

SEMI-FINAL DRAW:

1st leg:

Tuesday 20 April: Inter Milan/CSKA Moscow v Arsenal/Barcelona

Wednesday 21 April: Bayern Munich/Manchester United v Lyon/Bordeaux

2nd leg:

Tuesday 27 April: Lyon/Bordeaux v Bayern Munich/Manchester United

Wednesday 28 April: Arsenal/Barcelona v Inter Milan/CSKA Moscow

I reckon Fergie would have been dancing a little jig of celebration with this draw.

Arsenal v Barca will no doubt be two classic games but I don't see anything but a Barca win - too much class and Arsenal are too fragile at the back.

Inter should get through and they could even get to the Final this year.

I'm going with Man Utd vs. Barca for the Final this year.

Thoughts on the draw?

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

Arsenal/Barca should be very exicitng, but yeah. Barca is gonna rape them.

Inter/CSKA is tough, but I'll go with Inter,  arguably my favourite team in all leagues, their backline is as good as any right now, and I think the special one will win champs league.

ManU/bayern I see Man u winning this one on form, I dont think Bayern can stop Rooney, but I think this one could be closer than people are saying and I can see Bayern upsetting.

Lyon/Bordeaux - kind of a sleeper, but Lyon.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Adam Wrong

I am banking on a Utd Barca final too but would love to see Inter there

Cory

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

United have a better chance of winning the Champions League than we do the Premiership. I think we will take it. Fucking foreign twats wont be able to handle the Theatre of Dreams baby!

Yellow and Green forever!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Rob

I see United doing a Treble this year. Rooney is just incredible at the moment. I've watched extended highlights on Sky Sports of Man Utd games and mostly kept my eye on Rooney to see what he does during a game and he is constantly looking to get the ball and get a potential chance going, and once he does, he gets himself into the box and that's exactly what you need from your striker. The difference between him and other great strikers is that Rooney is almost completely flawless in his game, and that will definitely show at the end of the season.

I would love to see a Utd vs Arsenal final, though it will probably be Utd vs Barca/Inter.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

Big 'upset' by Bayern last night, I went to work @ 1-0 Man U and I though they were gonna shut down and the game would be over.

Anyone tell me what happened to Rooney?

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Out for four weeks with an ankle injury apparently. There goes our season.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Cory

Well Arsenal is done for, Fabregas is going to be out, and they need to beat Barca whose undefeated at home this season.

GREAAAAT

FXBlade

Quote from: Cory on March 31, 2010, 04:52:33 PM
Well Arsenal is done for, Fabregas is going to be out, and they need to beat Barca whose undefeated at home this season.

GREAAAAT

I really think that Barca made a huge mistake by not finishing the tie off in the first half an hour.

Ok, so Fabregas it out, but Pique and Puyol are both missing, that could be dangerous especially if Walcott starts the 2nd leg.

Quote from: Cory on March 31, 2010, 11:30:53 AM
Big 'upset' by Bayern last night, I went to work @ 1-0 Man U and I though they were gonna shut down and the game would be over.

Anyone tell me what happened to Rooney?

Hehobbled off afer the 2nd bayern goal had been scored, didnt even see him get tackled, but I wasn't really paying attention at that point.

Cory

I think with all things considered, I think Inter/Barca is the way its looking ATM, and that'll be an excellent game.

Cory

Cory

Finals today,

Im gonna call 1-0 Inter. Inter score early and defend for the rest of the game.

Cory

Damn, close, 2-0, I didn't think Bayern had a chance after losing Ribery.

Samuel at the back was fucking amazing, current form hes the best center back in the world, no doubt. A fucking wall.

Milito netted two, great performance, but the deliver to him was on point.

Duckman

Boring ass game for the most part.  Robben was marked out of the game and Inter really do have one of the best counter attacks in the world.

Still think it's absoluetly shocking that Maradonna isn't taking Cambiasso to the World Cup - best player on the pitch for me last night.

Militio is a quality player and I reckon he's going to do some serious damage for the Argies in the World Cup. 

Jose is now off to Real by the looks of things but there's no doubt the guy is the best manager of his generation - might be a bit of a cock but you can not argue with his record.

In the end the best team won but it wasn't a patch on the Blackpool vs. Cardiff playoff final game!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.