Cult, Exploitation, B-movie and Horror film thread

Started by Chris Stern, January 03, 2016, 12:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Stern

Quote from: Gravedigger on January 03, 2016, 10:51:20 PM
I've seen Phantom of the Paradise. Good film...

I have to agree, damn shame that alot of shots were shortened due to a lawsuit from the manager of Led Zeppelin. They talk about it and show the original shots and what we got on the blu ray. I have to say I love the quality of Scream Factory's(shout factory's horror/cult film label) releases, they are up there with the old Anchor Bay(before Starz bought them and ruined them), Vinegar Syndrome, Synapse, Grindhouse Releasing, Arrow and Blue Underground.

Oh totally forgot have you ever seen Lady Snowblood? It was one of the movies that influenced Kill Bill, it's getting the Criterion collection treatment this month.

! No longer available

Quote from: GM Franchise on January 04, 2016, 01:48:01 AM
This thread has reached peak levels of awesome.  8)

Another one I like is this Italian one about radioactive mutant cannibal murderers called Nightmare City.

Never seen that. Going to have to track that down. Have you ever seen Rats Nights of Terror, Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers or Frakenhooker?

Chris Stern

Oh and if anyone wants to see Dr. Black and Mr. Hyde and the bizarre hardcore arthouse sexsploitation film Thundercrack! which the easiest way I can describe it is think David Lynch teamed up with John Waters to create the most out there hardcore arthouse sexsploitation movie ever. Well here's the links to where I have them on my drive

Dr. Black and Mr. Hyde https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2V4btb4LV8uYmdfU3ZsU0xoRkU/view?usp=sharing
Thundercrack!: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2V4btb4LV8uR0k1bURVakxpWEE/view?usp=sharing

Chris Stern

Oh another intresting movie, Miami Connection. And when I say intresting I mean intresting like a train wreck since this movie is insane it's about a rock band who know martial arts doing battle against a cartel of motor cycle riding ninjas.

It's terrible yet awesome at the same time.

! No longer available

and of course I own it.

Chris Stern

another little gem that I added to my collection the 1987 slasher Stagefright

It's about a group of budding actors working on a new stage show about a owl mask killer but unknown to them a crazed killer had escaped from the institution and when the director decides to lock everyone in till they get it right, they find themselves trapped with the all too real killer.

Oh and how can I forget about Buckaroo Banzai across the 8th dimension? ! No longer available