News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Firewater

Started by Tim-Æ, July 16, 2008, 04:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim-Æ

Okay, anyone that has kept track of Tim's musical tastes has probaby noticed a drastic change in style and interest lately. Most noticably in the last year, where I have ventured further and further away from what Billboard says is good, and what MTV deems "cool." Basically 90% of what I listen to now, is rarely on MTV or Billboard.

i now present you with quite possibly the best CD of 2008 imo.

Firewater - The Golden Hour: Holy shit this band is amazing. I've never heard of them until the other day, and I downloaded it, and wow, I'm totally blown away by this music. I listen to this CD at least twice a day. Risen from the ashes of a band called Cop Shoot Cop, Firewater is fronted by the mastermind Tod A. who is apparently a very prolific musician. For this record, Tod A. traveled around the world, with stops in Pakistan, and a few more Middle Eastern cultures. The prodcut of his excursions is this record. A funky, balls to the wall headtrip of tribal drums, gypsy rythms, and raspy to beautiful singing that's straight up catchy as hell. You won't hear this on the radio because most stations are too scared to play it, but you'll find it on college radio, as the band has made a name for itself there. I strongly recommend this to anyone, as this has slowly become one of my favorite albums of the year, hands down, and that's just in a WEEK. I downloaded this on a whim and was pleasantly surprised. If I were to compare it to anything, I'd say its a cross between Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and the Queens of the Stone Age actually. Right now, Amazon is allowing several members to download their single "Borneo" but while there take a gander at the tracks "This Is My LIfe" and "Electric City."