News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

GoT

Started by Chris Shields, April 02, 2014, 11:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Shields

It's just 4 days away now, but because I'm freaking awesome, I saw the 1st episode tonight. It was pretty damn good, and if it's any indication of this season, hell yes. If you've read the books, you know that there's some damn good stuff happening, and if not, well you're in for a treat. I won't give away too much, other than saying that anyone who complained about the casting of Oberyn Martell, will be eating crow after the see the 1st episode. Dude does a fantastic job, and comes across how you would expect. Sexual, dangerous, a little arrogant, and very interesting. The people you know and love show up as expected, Daenarys, Jamie, Tyrion, The Hound, and of course Joffrey is just as loveable as ever.  ;D Damn good first episode to set stuff up, introduce some new characters, and it was damn entertaining.

Triple B

Make sure to use SPOILER tags if you say something specific about the episode.  Some haven't seen it yet.

But the episode tonight... HOT DAMN!
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Drama Queen

I just wonder which sucked worse tonight, hbo or the wwe network. Took me almost two hours to watch the episode tonight, and I heard people complaining about the ppv already too!

As for the show itself amazing, I just feel like I lost some of the impact of the twists because of my viewing problems.

Triple B

Only read this if you watched the show last night.

http://i.imgur.com/y0UKCRi.png

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Triple B on June 02, 2014, 03:53:03 PM

You didn't have to black out my name ...

Chris Shields

Quote from: Triple B on June 02, 2014, 03:53:03 PM

I'm kind of all right with a moron like that no longer watching a show that I love. I would hate people to associate fans of Game of Thrones, with an idiot who can't bother to spell Fuck (used in multiple forms in the case of this post), What, Bullshit, and jack shit, correctly, as well as saying salt in the womb instead of salt in the wound, and using the word swag.

Mike Powers

I actually chuckled at the phrase "salt in the womb".  I think I may begin to use it.

Drama Queen

To be honest, I think it's deliberate. I found the whole thing highly entertaining, to much so to be genuine.

Chris Shields

Quote from: Drama Queen on June 02, 2014, 09:37:52 PM
To be honest, I think it's deliberate. I found the whole thing highly entertaining, to much so to be genuine.
I would like to think that, but I've just seen too many posts like this that are 100% real. It's obvious by his bitching about what he thinks will happen next, that he hasn't read the books. People in general don't read that much anymore, and society seems to be getting dumber and dumber. As I said, I would like to think it's deliberate and somewhat satirical, but I'm leaning towards it being completely real.

Drama Queen

Yeah but dany playing judge Judy in a pyramid, and stannis having a swag rating of 14/100 are two lines in particular that make me hope it's cleverly stupid.

Having read the books myself, this season is the most fascinating, because it's having more diversion than ever before, at least it seems that way to me. I kind of like it, it's taking everything in the same general direction, but keeping it interesting at the same time.

The show is currently keeping my mind off of wondering when the bloody hell winds of winter is coming out!

Chris Shields

Quote from: Drama Queen on June 02, 2014, 09:54:21 PM
Yeah but dany playing judge Judy in a pyramid, and stannis having a swag rating of 14/100 are two lines in particular that make me hope it's cleverly stupid.

Having read the books myself, this season is the most fascinating, because it's having more diversion than ever before, at least it seems that way to me. I kind of like it, it's taking everything in the same general direction, but keeping it interesting at the same time.

The show is currently keeping my mind off of wondering when the bloody hell winds of winter is coming out!
IMO, It doesn't feel like they've changed up stuff, as much as they've skipped over some stuff. For the most part, they've always stayed fairly true to the books, and the changes that they have made (minus not bringing in Ramsey Snow earlier and properly doing the Reek storyline), I've actually enjoyed.

Triple B

I have a theory that they're going to keep The Hound around and bring Bronn back to hang out with Jamie.  I think those will be the two big diversions.

For some reason, I can't believe that Arya and Sansa see each other now.  Hound and Arya have to turn around and go somewhere else.  Because, if Arya sees Sansa, the cat is out of the bag on who she really is.  And that means the Lannisters are going to come a calling.

Chris Shields

Quote from: Triple B on June 02, 2014, 11:18:19 PM
I have a theory that they're going to keep The Hound around and bring Bronn back to hang out with Jamie.  I think those will be the two big diversions.

For some reason, I can't believe that Arya and Sansa see each other now.  Hound and Arya have to turn around and go somewhere else.  Because, if Arya sees Sansa, the cat is out of the bag on who she really is.  And that means the Lannisters are going to come a calling.
Yea, that is the one really big deviation I see. The fact that they even got close to being in the same place, and Arya is still very far from where she needs to end up in the very near future.

Kirk

I'm happy for them to find a way to keep Bronn around. They've done alright with sticking to the general theme of the books, but they do seem to be skirting quite close to cocking a few story lines up.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Chris Shields

Quote from: Kirk on June 02, 2014, 11:32:17 PM
I'm happy for them to find a way to keep Bronn around. They've done alright with sticking to the general theme of the books, but they do seem to be skirting quite close to cocking a few story lines up.
Yea, the way they kept Bronn around works well, keeps the initial story somewhat in tact, and keeps them from having to pay an actor just to not talk and sword fight with Jamie. Plus, Bronn is a far better character than Ilyn Payn ever was, and the only reason he's the one who trains with Jamie in the books, is because he's got no tongue. I do agree that there's some stuff they're getting close to really messing up on, but I also don't expect them to keep everything exactly how it happened in the books. If they did, there would be 800 freaking characters and like 600 different sets. As long as they don't go the route of the 2nd Hobbit movie and just add in shit that was never in the book in the first place, I'm all right.