News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

TFWF / EFK Football Season 4

Started by Ash Bombay, July 25, 2011, 03:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash Bombay

So now that it's official that football is happening this year, are we ready to get TFWF / EFK Season 3 started?

Obviously i'm down for this.

Doug E Fresh

Fantasy Football...If you need someone extra depending on who you've got coming back and whatnot, I'll participate.

Domingo

I'll sign back up for this year.

Midas

You know I am in but if possible maybe we can utilize a different form of draft...

I have heard that it is possible to do a draft on the FF web site you plan on using where each player gets 24 hours to draft a person or they are passed up...

This is similar to how we did it last year but the biggest problems we had were not knowing who was drafted and picking guys who were drafting and losing a turn...

I think with most of us people we have smart phones now so setting up alerts to let us know when we are up would move the draft along quickly and allow for us to get it done before the season starts even if some players take the 24 hours allotted...

But also this is just a suggestion since I don't run this draft but it seems like the 16 teams we had last year was just to many and I am sure we are going to have more sign up this year... So what if we make it like two separate leagues...

EFK League A
EFK League B

If we get like 20 sign ups then 10 per league and it is all random so that players do not feel like one league is more important then the other...

Just thinking out loud...

Jonny Briggs

Cory

as long as we dont draft the same as last year, I'm in.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Fnord

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Cory

Quote from: Midas on July 25, 2011, 05:50:04 PM
You know I am in but if possible maybe we can utilize a different form of draft...

I have heard that it is possible to do a draft on the FF web site you plan on using where each player gets 24 hours to draft a person or they are passed up...

This is similar to how we did it last year but the biggest problems we had were not knowing who was drafted and picking guys who were drafting and losing a turn...

I think with most of us people we have smart phones now so setting up alerts to let us know when we are up would move the draft along quickly and allow for us to get it done before the season starts even if some players take the 24 hours allotted...

But also this is just a suggestion since I don't run this draft but it seems like the 16 teams we had last year was just to many and I am sure we are going to have more sign up this year... So what if we make it like two separate leagues...

EFK League A
EFK League B

If we get like 20 sign ups then 10 per league and it is all random so that players do not feel like one league is more important then the other...

Just thinking out loud...

The worst thing of the draft was the random.com each round, and in the later rounds having people pick 6 at a time. If you get the shit end of the stick (I and others) 2-3 rounds in a row, you're teams going to be significantly weaker that someone who gets top 3 picks 2-3 rounds in a row.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Midas

Quote from: Cory on July 25, 2011, 10:04:54 PM
The worst thing of the draft was the random.com each round, and in the later rounds having people pick 6 at a time. If you get the shit end of the stick (I and others) 2-3 rounds in a row, you're teams going to be significantly weaker that someone who gets top 3 picks 2-3 rounds in a row.

Now that you mention it I do recall that sucking...

Which is why my suggestion would work perfectly... I mean the bigest reason why we cannot do a live draft is because we all cannot be on at the same time but if we find a draft that allows for 24 hours between picks then it would allows for a snake draft, 1 pick at a time and we can move at a quicker pace, well quicker then the forums...

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

We do it how we always do it through NFL.com

Its been a tradition for a number of years to run a TFWF/EFK game through here and its the official one with EFK.

I'd appreciate that it is not fucked with.

That being said Cory...as I said before its a bit of fun, Jesus Fuck, you crying about this draft order thing is honestly really getting on my tits. That aside, I thought we'd just run it through NFL.com this year.

Will post sign up information shortly.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

LEAGUE WEBSITE: http://tfwfandefk.league.fantasy.nfl.com
League ID: 383745
League Password: tfwf4eva

Live Draft: Your draft is on Sunday, Aug 21, 2011 at 4:00pm BST.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Ash Bombay

Hey Ian, sorry if it is misunderstood, I wasn't trying to run the league, I just was trying to rally the troops so we were ready for when you posted the info. Thats all bro.

Doug E Fresh

I still wanna play. I believe on this actual day I'll be at a live football draft lol. Autopick it will be. Doing well with my autopicked baseball team so far so why not.

Black Death

is anyone else having trouble finding it

the link not helping
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Fnord

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.