News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

MFX Podcast Show/Feedback Thread.

Started by Duckman, December 22, 2011, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny Worldbeater

Great show again, guys. Very much looking forward to the Xmas show.

Just got a few things of note I wanted to talk about.

- Ian's story about the 'Omen' kid has gotta be one of the all-time highlights of the show so far. That's just one of those stories where you hear it go like 'this can't be real, it sounds like something you'd see on TV', but sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Stories like that just make the show, and I hope you guys will continue with this sort of format of just shooting the shit in the opening segment before you get into the run-downs of the shows. Just makes for great radio IMO.

- I gotta say Quackers, I'm disappointed. You really couldn't remember another lie detector segment on a wrestling show? Like, say, for example this:

[spoiler]mr america's lie detector test[/spoiler]

- I actually just got why Cesaro's finisher is called the Neutraliser while I was listening to the show.

Get it? 'Neutraliser'. 'Cause he's from Switzerland. :|

- Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't John Cena already win a MITB briefcase at that PPV? I'm pretty sure he did. And having just looked it up, it seems he cashed that one in a failed with it. So yeah, calling bullshit on this angle if he's gonna try to basically steal somebody else's shot.

I really don't get how Cena is a babyface TBH. The guy's an obnoxious dick who evidently lies, cheats, steals and weasels his way into title matches he's done nothing to deserve, acts like a spoiled, bratty child and makes shitty, grade-school jokes and disingenuously jumps on the bandwagon for any act that gets even the slightest bit of popularity, not to seriously endorse them but to keep himself in the spotlight.

The guy's character is the dorkiest little turd burglar I've ever seen promoted as a main event babyface. I really don't get it.

- While we're on the subject, I don't get Ryback either. He's like Ultimate Warrior without any shred of the weird charisma. I mean, what is his persona supposed to be? What's interesting about him? Why should I give a fuck about anything he does?

As far as I know he's a big roided-up bald geek who raided RVD's wardrobe, has spent months beating job guys and cutting food-themed promos. The guy is entirely built around a one-note catchphrase. He's basically this year's equivalent of Carlito Carribean Cool or Mr. Kennedy Kennedy.

I mean, yes, I understand how he got 'over'. He had a catchphrase that he repeated over and over until it caught on, and he won match after match for months and no one could beat him. It's not exactly rocket surgery.

But come on, the guy's clearly green as grass has already been exposed for not really living up to the hype. The guy's only looked 'good' in squash matches designed to put him over, he stunk up the joint when he got the big main event match against a talented guy with a smoke and mirrors-heavy stip, he isn't much for promos, and he's even demonstrated numerous times that he doesn't have the strength to back up the hype.

If anything, he's purely an example of how easy it is to get any average joe over when you market them properly and push them hard enough, and it just raises the question of why - when they've got so many guys who have so much legitimate talent and charisma - they're content with trying to polish a turd.

I dunno man, the more and more I see this kind of shit the more and more I feel like wrestling's passed me by. When you're only 26 and you feel like a jaded, cynical old man over shit like this, it's just fucking depressing.

But again, that's why I love listening to shows like this that can poke fun at the crappy wrestling, and occassionally dig up the few gems that make wrestling fun again.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

Duckman

Thanks for that JB!  Much appreciated.

Folks, we'd love to hear feedback on the show, please do leave it here, good/bad/indifferent it's all welcome and all goes to making MFX a better show.

Also, pull your fingers out and make your votes for the end of year awards.

Thanks.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Duckman

MFX 29 is here!  Sing with us! *Alllll we are sayinnnng, is give Zig a chance!*

You looking for an alternative look at the week in wrestling?  With razor sharp wit and fantastic dress sense You've come to the right place!

With 8 hours of wrestling to cover this is a jumbo sized MFX with TNA IMPACT, Final Resolution PPV and WWE RAW all covered.

Check the podcast page for more details on the show this week.

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=161

A big note of thanks to everyone who gets involved with the show each week with feedback and your thoughts on RAW and IMPACT.  Be sure to get your votes in for our end of year awards, both in wrestling and the MFX show awards.

Enjoy the show and get in touch for our Christmas Special next week!

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Duckman

MFX30 - The Xmas Special is in the books! Folks, this show...we don't mess around. When we say we're bringing you an Xmas Special, we mean it! This week's final show of 2012 is a festive treat of our end of year awards, TNA Impact and WWE Raw reviews, a look at WWE TLC PPV plus a level of hilarity that even money can't buy.

This merger update can't do this show justice. Just trust us when we say, this is the wrestling podcast Jesus would listen to on his birthday.

MFX Galaxy, all of you, even the Mexican robots - this week we say Happy Christmas in the only way we know how: Awesomely! Show drops tomorrow! Get excited.

Oh and we've tacked on a special Xmas story as a bonus. A well know festive tale told through the medium of Hulk Hogan. Christmas starts when we say it starts and it starts tomorrow!

Duckman

MFX30 – The Xmas Special.  Happy Xmas MFX Galaxy!  This week we bring you not just end of year awards, not just awesome MFX Mount Rushmore suggestions, not just full reviews of TLC, RAW and IMPACT.  Oh no, that's only just the beginning!

Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps bring you a fun filled, festive podcast that tastes better than your Mum's Xmas Dinner and is just the kind of show Jesus would listen to on his birthday.

It's also supposed to be the end of the world tomorrow.  So if this is your last day on earth, we've got your soundtrack to the apocalypse right here.

Wrestling podcasts don't get any more entertaining, or anymore Christmassy than MFX.  Be sure to hang around after the Brodus outro.  We bring to you one of the greatest Xmas stories ever told.  If this doesn't win us awards, nothing will!

As always thanks for listening to the show folks.  We're off on our Xmas holiday now and will be back with a new show during the week beginning 7th January.  Hope you all have a great Xmas and New Year!

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=163

Playlist:
Sum 41 and Tenacious D – Christmas Song
The Darkness – Christmas time (Don't Let The Bells End)
Blink 182 – Won't Be Home For Christmas

Snap

The crowd muttering after being admonished by Flair was hilarious.

A WrestleMania Dream Match along the same vein as The Rock and John Cena:

Hair vs. Hair
Maven's Eyebrows vs. Cody's Moustache

Tezmission Black

That was fantastic, everything about it, it may of been long and took me two sittings, but It was awesome, the ending was so epic, if I knew how to make a flash video I so would.

Alex Smiley

I loved the XMas Special, from the props during the awards section to the Ebenezer Hogan story.

I had some ideas that might be worth trying out...granted, there's already 3-4 hours of just the WWE/TNA reviews and your usual comedic antics, but these might be worth doing on the Facebook page or something. Since the EFK podcast is apparently done and finished, why not incorporate Ducktails and/or the Caption Competition? For that matter, I know the Predictions League is currently labeled under EFK/TFWF, but perhaps expanding that into the MFX "Galaxy" could be in order?

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Goldferg

While this has been an awesome show, I think my personal highlight has to be the bit during the 'Ebeneezer Hogan's X-mas TNA Carol' at the start when he's talking to Dixie and Ian starts to say 'brother' and stops himself.

Or every time during it where you can hear Duckman trying to read his lines without corpsing at the hillarity of it all, even though you can tell he just wants to disolve into a minute plus of hysterical laughter.

... come on guys, where's the outtakes? No way you did that in one go. Not without suffering from wondering accent syndrome or corpsing.
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Duckman

Thanks for the awesome feedback on the show folks.  I'm glad the show had that Christmas Special feel to it.  It was a long one but with the awards, TLC, RAW, IMPACT and the Xmas skit, it was always going to be a beast of a show.  As we're off for two weeks we thought we'd leave you with a long one to keep you warm during the cold, dark weeks that MFX is on Crimbo holiday!

A good shout Alex on adding a few things from the EFK podcast.  Although to be honest, it's so difficult to get feedback on a week to week basis for RAW alone, let alone adding a few more segments that rely on people sending things in!  It might end up giving me a fucking ulcer!  I spend a lot of time asking for feedback and input on the show and only really get replies from the same group of people (the guys who got the 'special' shout out on this show) and I'd be concerned that it'd just be the same people each week sending stuff in.

Part of the plan for 2013 is to get MFX out there by partnering up with a few different podcast radio stations, promoters and other such sites.  Once that is up and running and we're regularaly cracking a good number of listeners per week (although to be honest I'm damn happy with our healthy numbers this year all things considered) then I'm going to look at adding some different segments or features.

It's things like this that are the reason it's so important we get feedback, so we know what works and what does.  Most of the comments I've had are "more Ian and Duckman jokes" but there's certainly room for more listener interaction...if they interact!

J-Vo, you have no idea how much I laughed during this.  And I wrote the fucking thing!  And I still laughed a lot.  And how long it took me to edit it all together with music and shit.

I've got the unedited version (no music, all the out takes, Ian half dying trying to have a conversation with himself as Macho Man and Hogan, me changing accent three times during one sentence) which I can put up if the demand is there. 

I'm also planning on putting the Xmas Skit up later today as a stand alone file.  So you can d/l or stream it as a seperate show.

Again, thanks for the feedback guys, it's felt sometimes like not a lot of people at EFK are that into MFX, but it's AWESOME to see guys like yourselves getting in touch, enjoying what we're doing and supporting this new venture that Ian and I are going on with the show.

Merry MFXmas folks!

Peace

Duckman

Goldferg

Quote from: Duckman on December 24, 2012, 10:01:44 AM
J-Vo, you have no idea how much I laughed during this.  And I wrote the fucking thing!  And I still laughed a lot.  And how long it took me to edit it all together with music and shit.

I've got the unedited version (no music, all the out takes, Ian half dying trying to have a conversation with himself as Macho Man and Hogan, me changing accent three times during one sentence) which I can put up if the demand is there. 
[/quote

Do it! Do it now!
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Duckman

Happy New Year MFX Galaxy!! MFX31 is here!! Get your new year off to the right start by checking out this hilariously awesome wrestling podcast. Tons of chat about RAW, The Rock's return, CM Punk's promo greatness, plus a full review of TNA Impact. And we discuss your new year's resolutions. Check out the podcast page for full details! Thanks and enjoy the show.

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=170

Duckman

Sorry for the late show this week folks. It's been a busy time with work schedules, snow storms and Duckman's antique Scottish broadband breaking down for a day. Fear not though MFX Galaxy, we won't use all that as an excuse not to bring you another hilarious and occasionally insightful wrestling podcast. Also, the show this week is REALLLLY long. Like the Xmas Special long. So that should make up for the lateness.

We review IMPACT, Genesis and the 20th Anniversary edition of Monday Night Raw. Plus tons more. Check out the podcast page for full details! Thanks and enjoy the show.

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=175

Alex Smiley

I'm gonna give it a listen right now, but in advance I'd like to thank you, again, for putting the playlist back up. Ole!

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Duckman

Would love to get some feedback from you guys on the show.  If you've given it a listen, why not let us know what you thought of it?

And you're welcome Alex, thought putting the playlist back up was a good idea!

Peace

Duckman