MFX Podcast Show/Feedback Thread.

Started by Duckman, December 22, 2011, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Okay I have to disagree with you completely on the point of CM Punk vs Brodus Clay. I'm pretty sure they gave Punk the mic on the Raw before and told him to say what he wants, he just so happens to bring Brodus Clay up and that sets up a match. It's a very good way of having a match on Raw that means something and puts Punk over because lets face it, he probably needs to be made to look like he can compete with bigger guys when he goes against the Rock, he's not competed much lately so he a) needs to get back to wrestling fitness and b) needs to look like a credible top guy wrestler that can beat people.

Thats just my feedback on that particular point
SixersEagles

[/center]

Duckman

Good stuff Rob, thanks for that.

We'd love to get more regular feedback on topics and other things in the show.  Don't be shy, especially if you disagree with us.  We won't bite.  Well, I won't.  Ian will probably fucking kill you! :P

Keep it coming folks.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Duckman

MFX33 is here!!  Folks, you think you've heard entertaining wrestling podcasts in the past?  Wrong.  THIS is the bar and we're going to keep raising it every week!

Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps are back with their usual anarchic blend of show reviews, wrestling news, opinions and hundreds and hundreds of jokes.  This is entertainment.

This week we review The Last of McGuinness documentary, the Brick Hogan and Bully Ray wedding episode of IMPACT and the 'go-home' Monday Night Raw for the Royal Rumble.

Check out the podcast page for full details.  As always we'd love to hear from you on the show and remember to get involved in future shows.

Thanks for listening and enjoy!

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=179

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Duckman

MFX 34 – An Englishman, A Scotsman and a Pilipino walk into a bar...

What...have...we...done?  FIVE HOURS!!  A FIVE HOUR LONG SHOW!!  All I can say is you guys better pack a lunch or something, cause this is MFX34 and this show is so long it makes Dirk Diggler feel inadequate.

This week MFX34 has a truly Asian flavour as we are joined by long time friend of the show, the sharpest dressed wrestling fan in the world and one damn funny dude, Mr Marc Abrigo!!  Marc was our man in Amsterdam (well, Raw in San Jose last week) and he brings us the full low down of just what happened live at Raw.  Ah such fun times!  Plus we give our predictions for the Royal Rumble. 

After sharing his experience at Raw Marc sticks around to help us review IMPACT this week.  As usual Sir Ian is on manic form, Duckman struggles to hold things together and Abrigo wonders just how much Hulk Hogan would have no sold the crucifixion.  Yep, it's one of THOSE TNA reviews and it's frigging awesome.

With the first half of the show recorded before the Rumble, the second half is all about THE WORST ROYAL RUMBLE EVER (copyright – all IWC members).  Duckman and Sir Ian review the show and discuss all the potential fallout for Wrestlemania.

Duckman and Sir Ian wrap the show up with a review of RAW from this week.  No Abrigo at the show this week, so we are actually able to concentrate on what's happen.  And Tensai is dancing.  Where's Abrigo when you need him?

This is a monster of a show, you might not be able to consume it all in one sitting, but you can be damn sure when you do finally get to the end, you'll be more satisfied than Marc Abrigo getting within touching distance of The Rock.

As always, thanks for listening folks and be sure to get in touch with MFX through all the usual channels. 

PLAYLIST:
ZZ Top – Sharp Dressed Man
Bush – Superman
PJ and Duncan – Let's Get Ready To Rumble.

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=183

Goldferg

Quote from: Duckman on January 31, 2013, 06:36:33 PM
PLAYLIST:
ZZ Top – Sharp Dressed Man
Bush – Superman
PJ and Duncan – Let's Get Ready To Rumble.

YOU READ MY FUCKING MIND!!!
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Duckman

MFX35 is in the books - we just finished recording another action packed, scandal laden, hard hitting wrestling podcast. Well, maybe not hard hitting.

More...giggling like idiots about the week in WWE and TNA and bringing you the only wrestling podcast that takes it to the edge and then kicks the edge square in the balls!

MFX35 drops tomorrow. You know the drill people, assume the position.

Duckman

MFX35 – When a Hulk Hogan tweet goes wrong, we make with the funny.

MFX is back once again for another weekly edition of ridiculously entertaining, shocking, controversial and downright hilarious wrestling podcast wonderment.

Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps kicks things off with an in-depth discussion on TNA's decision to take Impact away from the Impact Zone and on the road. Sir Ian makes the case against the move from a business point of view and for once we try to discuss something in a serious manner. No, really, we do. We also discuss the headline making news that Bruno Sammartino will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year. Lots of praise for the efforts of HHH on this one.

Then it's on to our usual review of Monday Night Raw where we wonder what can be done to make Jack Swagger interesting again, we struggle to work out if Bo Dallas is the ugliest woman we've ever seen, Sir Ian blows his top at Alberto Del Rio's suck up promo and we LOVE Brock Lesnar and how he kills Miz. It's the usual joke laden and somewhat insightful look at WWE's flagship programme.

We wrap the show up this week with our review of the first Impact from the UK. If Jeff Hardy couldn't get into the UK, how come a notorious biker gang like Aces and 8s could get through immigration? It's hard hitting questions like this that ONLY the MFX podcast has the balls to ask. Plus an errant tweet from Hulk Hogan sends Sir Ian into comedy over drive and Duckman struggles to keep up.

As always we hope you guys enjoy the show and get some hearty laughs out of our unique brand of wrestling podcast. If you want to get in touch with MFX drop us an email to mfx.show@gmail.com or maybe give us a follow on Twitter – @MFXPodcast.

Playlist:

The Foo Fighters – Long Road to Ruin

Aerosmith - Dude Looks Like A Lady

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=187

Alex Smiley

I'll leave full feedback soon, but I for one enjoyed Brad Maddox's weasely attempt to win favor with the WWE Universe.

"...justice!"

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Duckman

Well that's the go home Raw for Elimination Chamber PPV in the bag. What did you think? Give us your good, bad and the rest and we'll include on MFX36 this week! Thanks.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Duckman on February 12, 2013, 12:41:53 PM
Well that's the go home Raw for Elimination Chamber PPV in the bag. What did you think? Give us your good, bad and the rest and we'll include on MFX36 this week! Thanks.

QFT...and remember....tonight...MFX...will get...#mfxwatchthisspace
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Duckman

Ok folks, time to get excited.  Ian and I just sat down for over 90 mins with Nigel McGuinness for MFX36 this week!  An amazing chat with Nigel talking about his movie, his career, his views on wrestling in general, life, dreams, ROH, TNA and TONS MORE!

This is without a doubt the best interview I've ever been a part of a huge moment for MFX.  The show with Nigel will be up tomorrow night.

Spread the word - Nigel fucking McGuinness is on MFX!!!!

Peace

Duckman

Duckman

MFX36 – When MFX met Nigel McGuinness.

You know how every week we hype up the show and talk about how it's the greatest we've ever done?  How we go on about how you'll laugh your butt off and learn something about wrestling?  Well, this week that's actually true. 

Why?  Simple, this week we had the honour of interviewing former ROH World Champion, TNA Superstar and now documentary filmmaker NIGEL MCGUINNESS!!  For over 90 minutes Nigel discussed his documentary 'The Last of McGuinness' as well as the state of professional wrestling today, his career in general, art, movies, dreams and so much more. 

Our interview with Nigel is, hands down, the best thing we've ever done on MFX and that includes coming up with the name 'Brick Hogan' and getting #blamemiz trending last year.  If you're a fan of wrestling you owe it to yourself to listen to what Nigel has to say.  Pure gold.

Of course we save the best till last.  First off you have to sit through around three hours of Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps tearing apart the week in WWE and TNA.  Don't you DARE skip to the Nigel interview.  Oh, alright you can - but you better come back to listen to our rubbish!

We kick off with our Impact review (recorded before we interviewed Nigel) which is the usual expletive filled, surreal and random look at TNA's second show from the UK.  It was alright.  Our review is much better.

Then it's time for Raw (recorded after we interviewed Nigel – see if you can spot the difference) which was a decent show.  As always it's MFX reviewing RAW, so there's lots of jokes and tiny nuggets of insight.  Plus we talk a little about Elimination Chamber, if you're into that kind of thing.

We finish off the show this week with the main event – 90 minutes in the company of Nigel McGuinness.  We won't spoil it for you guys but trust us, this interview is the definition of 'must listen.'  There's so much good stuff here and even though Duckman and Sir Ian have their professional interviewer heads on, we still manage to get a few good laughs out of Nigel along the way!

Remember to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, rate us on ITunes and generally follow MFX through any means necessary.

We'd love to hear your thoughts on the interview with Nigel so remember to get in touch at mfx.show@gmail.com

As always, thanks for listening and enjoy the show!

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=190

Goldferg

Just got through listenign to the podcast for thsi week. Awesome stuff guys, as per, and the McGuinness interview was superb. Funny and informative with too many good bits to single out. Damn good job guys, major kudos.
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Domingo

I've just been able to listen to the recaps of Raw and Impact, and a bit of the Nigel interview, but even with just the recaps the show has been great. Looking to listen to the rest later tonight.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

If you guys are on itunes or our page can you leave some feedback even if its slightly generic specifically to the Nigel interview.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'