MFX Podcast Show/Feedback Thread.

Started by Duckman, December 22, 2011, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marq

I'll be honest -- I was real tempted to start a Twitter account for Soapy. Then I realized how similar it'd be to making a Twitter account for someone being domestically abused.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Duckman and myself will be trialing these...but the long awaited MFX Shop is now online. We get a small percentage of the shirts sold and I mean small. However, its about getting our fans involved with this. A special thanks to Alex for his design work in helping bring this together and he will get paid for shirts you guys buy.

So without further delay....

http://mfxpodcast.spreadshirt.com
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Goldferg

I'm a man of my word

One 'Get the Fuck Out of My Office, Brother!' T-shirt ordered, Jack.

... now where's my weekly dose of podcast? I'm getting withdrawal symptoms
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Chris Stern

Quote from: Goldferg on August 30, 2013, 07:52:56 PM
I'm a man of my word

... now where's my weekly dose of podcast? I'm getting withdrawal symptoms
this, was hoping to get a few laughs and get my spirits up before I have to go to work tomorrow morning and have to deal with the bs of that place

Duckman

MFX59 – Better Than Perfect.

We're a day later than normal but fear not MFX Galaxy, this week's show is a sure fire classic.  Join your heroes Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps as they traverse the week in wrestling as only they can.

The show kicks off with Duckman's review of An Evening with Jim Ross he attended in Glasgow this week.  As usual the show descends into chaos with talk of summer movies, your feedback on last week's show and your emails.  They do cover some wrestling news – well they bury the messed up Bound for Glory Series, laugh heartily at Hulk Hogan's idea to improve TNA and we say goodbye to Todd DiBiase – he will be missed, if not really remembered.

Then it's on to IMPACT.  Time for AJ Styles to get confusing.  The two Brooke controversy.  Wrestlers in jeans and more!

The show ends on a high this week with a fun episode of RAW and an even more fun review of it.  Simple as that really.

As always thanks for listening folks and be sure to get involved in future shows through all the usual channels.

PLAYLIST:
Who Are You? – The Who
With A Little Help From My Friends – Joe Cocker

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=273
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Goldferg

PODCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST!!!
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Chris Stern

finally mfx has comeback with another podcast

Goldferg

6:15AM Bitches!!!!

... fuck me it's 6AM

Didn't have as many funnies as usual (fuck you TNA!!!!), but still a good show. The bit about the JR Q&A at the beginning was price of admission worthy on its own. MFX Curtis Axel (needs an appropos nickname. Ian's version of him sounds REALLY like Barney the Dinosaur, but I can't think of a good nickname that combines the two) has potential.

Also, re. the TNA killing MFX's best jokes by releasing them dealio... guys, seriously - we need to fucking weaponize this. Make Garvis & ButtWes, Legendary 'Don't ask anyone, 'cuz they'll just deny it' Chavo, Hulkster and everyone else who sucks main characters

Brock Rhysner

"Your names not Brick...It's Barry."

^I can't remember the last time I cried with laughter that hard. Thank you boys, Got a REALLY shit week coming up, and I know how to perk myself up just by listening to the truth about Hulk's twin brother coming out.

Great work once more boys. Looking forward to next weeks show already.

[/centre]

Marq

I haven't been so entertained by anything involving Curtis Axel in my entire life.

Since we're going with the Al Gore angle, can we start calling him "An Inconvenient Curt?"
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Chris Stern

so I take it Curtis Axel is now officially the MFX version of Buzz Killington?

Alex Smiley

Thanks for the shoutout fellas, it's an honor working with you guys. I'm glad to hear the shop is already making a splash, I for one have an eye on the Gameboy one myself. True story: my mom caught a glimpse of the design when I worked on it. I briefly explained the joke. She thought I was weird. I'm a wrestling fan, of COURSE I'm weird.

Anyways, great show all around. I like Marq's idea of calling him Inconvenient Curt. The thought of Brick being Hulk's twin is loltastic.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Duckman

There's nothing better than reading we've been able to make you guys laugh.  It's like getting a gold star off the teacher!

Alex, thanks for all your work on getting the t-shirt designs rocking.  We've already had a few sales - which is amazing!

The feedback and interaction around MFX is so good right now and it's down to you guys.

So thank you and keep it coming for this week which is MFX60!

Peace

Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Duckman

MFX60 – Who The F**K Is Allen Jones?

Batten down the hatches, pour yourself a drink, light one up, sit back and relax as the single most entertaining wrestling podcast on the internet returns for another week.  That's right you luck people – MFX IS BACK!

Join your heroes Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps as they traverse the week in WWE and TNA as only they can – with tons of jokes and plenty of salty language.

Check out the podcast page for full details on the show and all the links you need!

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=276

Goldferg

While the 'who is Allen Jones' bit was funny, I must say gents, I'm disappointed you didn't somehow relate it to Aled Jones (he of 'walking in the air' and Songs of Praise fame).

Great show this week guys. Funnies were definitely back, loving An Inconvenient Curt. The 'Sign Language' bit was killer.

And cheers for the no-shave 2013 shout out - 249 days and counting

Edit: I support the Brick Hogan Try Hard Ruler of the Week rename. I'd need to hear a re-worked theme before I can form an opinion. But I think that Brick should present the award