MFX Podcast Show/Feedback Thread.

Started by Duckman, December 22, 2011, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

I saw that buddy, thank you!  Will claim it tonight when I get home.

This week's show will be going up on Friday as Ian's away working but it'll be worth the wait.  We recorded the first half last night and between tales of how lightweight Abrigo is when it comes to booze, to SKELLY sending us an email that had me and Ian crying with laughter, to an IMPACT review that features People's Court - TNA vs. Bellator and tons more, I think this'll be one of our best shows to date!

Spread the word, get excited, MFX is back and on top form!!
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Marq

Quote from: Duckman on September 17, 2013, 10:21:35 AM
I saw that buddy, thank you!  Will claim it tonight when I get home.

This week's show will be going up on Friday as Ian's away working but it'll be worth the wait.  We recorded the first half last night and between tales of how lightweight Abrigo is when it comes to booze, to SKELLY sending us an email that had me and Ian crying with laughter, to an IMPACT review that features People's Court - TNA vs. Bellator and tons more, I think this'll be one of our best shows to date!

Spread the word, get excited, MFX is back and on top form!!

Oh, dear.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Duckman

Marc, the show is named The Ballad of Three Pint Betty in your honour!

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Marq

Quote from: Duckman on September 19, 2013, 03:49:31 AM
Marc, the show is named The Ballad of Three Pint Betty in your honour!

Gah! How bad is the abuse?

Duckman

Not too bad.  Although there are emails from Aaron and Dorling about your inability to handle your drink

We do get to discussing you being drunk, running off into the Soho night and leaving Alana alone with a bunch of strapping Englishmen you met on the internet.  I think that riff ends up with you being locked in the back of a van and Alana moving in with Trumps.  All good fun stuff.

There's a song dedicated to your lightweightness too!

Truth be told, thanks to Skelly's email, we get kind of distracted from you and end up marking out about Skelly and then making fun of him!

It's a damn fun first hour this week - show will be up later tonight, probably around 8-9pm UK time.

Marq

Understandably, I think I'm looking more forward to the Skelly e-mail. It's like seeing the band get back together!

Duckman

MFX61 – The Ballad Of Three Pint Betty.

We know the last week has felt like an eternity.  You've been sitting there, refreshing ITunes and Stitcher every day, hoping and praying that maybe today would be the day MFX returned.  Well, today is that day!!  The only wrestling podcast that leaves your sides hurting from laughter and your brain buzzing from insight into the sport you know and love is BACK!!

Join your heroes Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps as they traverse the week in wrestling and life in general as only they can – hilariously.

The show kicks off with tales of Duckman getting drunk, Sir Ian eating snails and we hear all about Sir Ian's trip to London to meet some of the MFX Galaxy.  We learn all about just how little booze Marc Abrigo can handle and his new nickname inspired the title of the show this week. 

Plus there's all your feedback and emails, including the return of one of Duckman and Sir Ian's favourite people on planet earth – the legend that is Skelly!  Yep, the first hour of the show has no mention of wrestling.  What?  It's MFX - you know how we do this.

Fear not, the rest of the show is jam packed with the most entertaining reviews of TNA No Surrender, WWE Night of Champions and Monday Night Raw that you will hear anywhere.

We're back, we're rocking and you're welcome.

Thanks for listening, be sure to get involved in future shows through all the usual channels.  Oh and BUY SOME MERCH!

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=279

PLAYLIST:

Last of the Big Time Drinkers – The Stereophonics.
The Beginning Of The Twist – Futureheads.
My Happy Ending – Avril Lavigne

skelly

Marq is NOT the American Drinking culture...lol.

He's the dainty Californian pinoy drinking culture...

Duckman

I want to hear Abrigo's side of this story.

Also, love to hear any other feedback you guys might have on the show.

Cheers,

Duckman

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: skelly on September 20, 2013, 09:09:31 PM
Marq is NOT the American Drinking culture...lol.

He's the dainty Californian pinoy drinking culture...

He certainly does not speak California either .... maybe the girly West Hollywood drinking culture

Goldferg

Seemed like a good show again this week guys (I will admit I may have tuned bits of the show out as it was my background theme to a marathon GTA5 session). Loved the random French stuff and Ryback arguing with Nee Nor about his new collection of friends.

Should also point out that the above was my second listen around - first time I kinda dozed off (mainly due to trying to listen to it at 4AM after having returned home from my new boss' welcom drink, where I consumed, way way, waaay too much JD) - which resulted in the humorous situation of my not realizing the TNA review had ended, presumably got jerked into wakefiullness by the Try Hard Ruler theme, and being really confused as to why AJ Styles was now talking to Aksana.

Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Brock Rhysner

right, a little feedback, as Duckman asked so nicely.

Firstly, I've a bit of a confession. Namely that I've stopped watching wrestling for some time now. I haven't watched any WWE since the Royal Rumble two years ago, and Impact turned into Impact and after trying for so hard to hang on, I finally decided to ditch the sinking ship. So MFX has been the helpful source of information I have in regards to TNA and WWE. This is what I have learned from this weeks show:

-Duckman is apparently psychic in being able to predict that AJ would win the Bound for Gloryhole Series, regardless that the specific means of which he did it were more political then actual storyline based.

-Sir Ian's musk of Brute and pure manliness was ineffective against the drunken power of the Three Pint Betty as Marq's lady friend seem to be able to go back to the state unaffected.

-Scott Armstrong is apparently French, and has a mustache of which he twiddles evilly whenever he talks.

-Mr Anderson can apparently put on good matches, but only when it's mostly him getting the shit kicked out of him, and he's on his way out of the company.

-Mrs Trumps has successfully brainwashed Ian into accepting that Total Divas is actually quite interesting, an infection that after looking at my twitter feed today has also spread to Duckman.

-Wrestling fans who asked for refunds to NOC are crooks/morons

-The companies who gave them their refunds are just morons.

-Dusty Road's theme music is AWESOME!!!

There is one other point I would like to bring up. Something said about myself within the podcast of which has no doubt gotten me worried. After purchasing two of your fine t-shirts (avaliable at www.mfxpodcast.spreadshirt.com) apparently I got signed up to have a date with one Brick Barry Hogan. Now, if given the option to either stop listening to MFX, or go out with an 8'7'' caveman, who will use his jaw as a club to knock me out before dragging me back to his cave to look at his wall writings...

...well, don't say I would never take one for the team.

Signed

-"The Bride of Brick" Rhys.

[/centre]

Duckman

Good stuff lads, thanks for that!

Abrigo - the floor is yours buddy, the MFX Galaxy will want to hear your retort to the accusation of Trumps and others.

We're recording on Wednesday, so if you want to set the record straight - and celebrate your Try Hard Ruler of the Week Award - now's the time!

Marq

Quote from: Duckman on September 24, 2013, 05:33:53 AM
Good stuff lads, thanks for that!

Abrigo - the floor is yours buddy, the MFX Galaxy will want to hear your retort to the accusation of Trumps and others.

We're recording on Wednesday, so if you want to set the record straight - and celebrate your Try Hard Ruler of the Week Award - now's the time!

Consider this my retort, good sir.

It's not very often I have to defend my reputation, but considering I've been reamed for it both domestically and across the pond, I feel I must set the record straight. There's many things in this world a man must simply "be a man about." Family, your significant other, etc. But above all, a man must be particularly proud of himself and all the adversity he's endured to make him the man he is today. Now, I've been made fun of my entire life -- for being a nerd, a fat kid, gay, a wrestling fan, the list goes on and on.

But after some real thought, the e-mails last week particularly got to me. Aaron, Dorling, and Ian are great blokes, but I actually began to resent a lot of it, despite all of it being in jest. In fact, I'm typing this from my smartphone at a nearby BAR right now, 'cause I'm so angry I literally could not wait to get home to get this all out. I'm even drinking a beer to calm myself down, because the factof the matter is tha t while I enjoy all the jokes you gyus make., there's a difference between laguhing WITH someone and laughing AT soomoem. I thogyuht you gues were my frienes, but i ghyess i Was hwrong.

fuck akl;klk of youts guys. i wo9bn't be lstiesninh ot thwowe show abnyomore.

fuck mxg/