MFX Podcast Show/Feedback Thread.

Started by Duckman, December 22, 2011, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Rhysner

Quote from: Marq on September 25, 2013, 02:28:16 PM
Consider this my retort, good sir.

It's not very often I have to defend my reputation, but considering I've been reamed for it both domestically and across the pond, I feel I must set the record straight. There's many things in this world a man must simply "be a man about." Family, your significant other, etc. But above all, a man must be particularly proud of himself and all the adversity he's endured to make him the man he is today. Now, I've been made fun of my entire life -- for being a nerd, a fat kid, gay, a wrestling fan, the list goes on and on.

But after some real thought, the e-mails last week particularly got to me. Aaron, Dorling, and Ian are great blokes, but I actually began to resent a lot of it, despite all of it being in jest. In fact, I'm typing this from my smartphone at a nearby BAR right now, 'cause I'm so angry I literally could not wait to get home to get this all out. I'm even drinking a beer to calm myself down, because the factof the matter is tha t while I enjoy all the jokes you gyus make., there's a difference between laguhing WITH someone and laughing AT soomoem. I thogyuht you gues were my frienes, but i ghyess i Was hwrong.

fuck akl;klk of youts guys. i wo9bn't be lstiesninh ot thwowe show abnyomore.

fuck mxg/

This made my fucking day.

Thank you Mr. Abrigo...thank you...

[/centre]

Goldferg

Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Marq

Quote from: Specter on September 25, 2013, 05:48:10 PM
This made my fucking day.

Thank you Mr. Abrigo...thank you...

gio fycj yoruslef
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Duckman

Nice work Marc!  Retort duly discussed on MFX62 - which will be up tonight.

Cracking show this week, worth the price of admission for Ian's review of Dustin Diamond's (Screech from Saved by the Bell) autobiography.

Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Duckman

MFX62 – We Go Beyond The Bell.

Normally we do a big intro here, but most of you don't read it and this show stands on its own merits.  It doesn't need any more hype than this:

Drunk Marc Abrigo fights back.  Skelly fails with an email.  The MFX Galaxy are once again forced into buying merchandise.  Duckman steps into the world of Total Divas.  Sir Ian reviews the autobiography of Screech from Saved By The Bell...and that's just the show opening.

IMPACT is reviewed early on a Sunday morning, which results in unrelenting hilarity and great energy.  Then Dixie Carter vs. AJ Styles work/shoot rubbish happens and we give up on TNA.  Sir Ian is broken.  Officially.

Time for RAW – The Shield vs. The World, more of Miz's Dad, JBL and Big Show exchange texts about beating up Miz, Gameboy returns and Ryback annoys CM Punk.  One of our most fun reviews of RAW in a long time.

See, such little hype.  So dive in yourself.  Join Sir Ian and Duckman as we traverse the week in wrestling.  No one does this like us.  Mainly because they're non smarky, professional people and we're two idiots who spend too much time laughing about childish rubbish.

Thanks for listening.  Be sure to get involved in next week's show through all the usual channels.  Oh and BUY SOME MERCH!!

PLAYLIST:

Saved By The Bell theme
The Libertines – Can't Stand Me Now

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=281

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Alex Smiley

Listening to it now. Leaving full feedback when I get a chance, but just so you know:

The website for MFX merch is SO good, it doesn't even need a WWW at the start. Just sayin'.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Duckman

Oh really?  So in that case all people have to do is go to mfxpodcast.spreadshirt.com and they can purchase some amazing MFX merch?  COOL!!

Hopefully you guys are enjoying the show this week - we had a ton of fun recording!

Alex Smiley

Exactly! Three less letters to type, and nine less syllables to say when you're shilling it ;)

Great show as always, fellas. Currently listening to the text conversation between JBL and Big Show. Hilarious.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Duckman

Hey guys,

We're recording the IMPACT review and possibly the opening of the show tonight at 7pm.

So if you've got feedback, questions, topics of discussion or anything else you'd like included on MFX62, then leave them here on Twitter or via email - mfx.show@gmail.com

The show is always helped and improved by the input of you guys, so let's here from you!

Cheers,
Duckman

Marq

So, Alana just told me that she ordered shirts for the both of us.

I got the fucking Brontosaurus, didn't I?

Brock Rhysner

What I have learned from this weeks show:

John Cena, in accordance with his description of Total Divas by the MFX Podcast, is a 15 year old boy who likes the left tit more then the right.

Due to the fact that Micky James and Sexy Magnus are an item, the day those two procreate the applications to join NAMBLA are going to sky rocket.

Screw giving Kane his mask back, the way to save wrestling is by putting Velvet Sky in a bikini.

If Gunner is going to steal MDK (aka Adam Wrong's) name, the least he could do is spell it right.

Dixie Carter wasn't turning off the lights at the end of Impact isn't so much to cut off AJ, but more to save the money that she's hemorrhaging out of her company.

According to Duckman, a Chicago crowd can do no wrong...

Bray Wyatt is unquestionably once of the most interesting gimmicks to come along in the last 10 years...and according to Sir Trumps the biggest fault is the fact that Bray Wyatt IS a gimmick...(I fear while listening to Ian's argument last week that while I may not wish it, I'm afraid he may be correct in his assumptions.)

The mental image of JBL and Big Show texting one another like teenage girls is comedy gold.

The imagination ball may very well be the next great MFX t-shirt, along with "The Crowd Goes Mild..."

I'm thinking that Ryback may now know the difference between lions and tigers, however, does he get confused by people in tiger-print onesies like the animals at Chavingtons?

A few XXX Titles that Nee Nor has worked in: Assident and Emergency. Red (and blue) Light District. Grills Gone Wild.

And finally, after listening to Brick's reactions last week, in the great words of Arrested Development. "I've made a huge mistake..."

Great show as always, looking forward to the next one if I live past my date.

[/centre]

Duckman

MFX63 is up!!  Which means it's time once again for the single most entertaining reviews of IMPACT and RAW you'll hear anywhere. 

Plus all our usual MFX goodness with listener comments, emails, stories and even some insightful chat about NXT, Hogan's future with TNA and a ton more.

This is easily the most fun you'll have this week.  MFX is sharper than Magnus' suits, funnier than Big Show's angry face and more entertaining than watching the US Senate try to agree on what they're going to have for lunch.

Check out the podcast page for all the details and the streaming/download links:

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=284

Or subscribe via Stitcher or Itunes and never again miss another episode of this rollicking wrestling podcast!  Just search for Marks for Xcellence.

Thanks for listening and enjoy the show.

Duckman

Everyone enjoying MFX63 this week? What's been your personal highlights? What made you laugh, think, cry?

Cheers.
Duckman

Marq

Quote from: Duckman on October 04, 2013, 12:41:28 PM
Everyone enjoying MFX63 this week? What's been your personal highlights? What made you laugh, think, cry?

Cheers.
Duckman

Haven't gotten Alana's reaction to it, yet, but I can say that the first hour is always a pleasure to listen to. Giving it up for your listeners is something I always admired you guys for, and it's still going strong.

TNA -- oh, dear. Where do I even begin with them? I loved the material on Hogan's possible options, and I do enjoy the fact that your hope booking is always realistic in the sense that, "If we did THIS, THAT would be cool -- but THIS would suffer from it." In this case, it's getting Hogan out of TNA, but how it would affect TNA's marketing strategy and attendance for their live shows. By the way -- did you know that "ETHAN" is "NAHTE" spelled backwards?! Can't wait for that Abyss feud.

As always, the "Raw" review is a great listen so far, and I'm glad an Inconvenient Curt is over SOMEWHERE. Maybe just this podcast, but that fucker can't complain. Still making my way through it, however, and I'll let you know more the deeper I get into it. "GTA V" is a hell of a drug.

Brock Rhysner

SHIT! My e-mail was too late! Regardless, if I have to remain in this cage for another week, at least I've got MFX to keep me company. Great show as always. Looking forward to listening to the phone call Ian made to TNA, but until then, this is the information MFX has provided me with this week.

-Justin Gabriel is the South African equivalent to James Bond.

-You can tell who was with MFX before it took off because they still put a WWW at the beginning of the MFX Merch store website (Which can be found at www.mfxpodcast.spreadshirt.com, because I'm old school like that).

-Knucks is currently making up for spending the first two years of his TNA career as a mute. And apparently he's good at it too!

-No one is safe from Sexy Magnus's musk and good looks. Not even Samoa Joe, who in all fairness you would have thought had developed a tolerance at this point.

-Now that Wes isn't in Aces and a pair of 2's anymore, at least he'll have more time to work on his King Lear.

-Dixie Carter is trying to trump Bricks current record of 3 Week Try-Hard Ruler reign.

-Sometimes even CM Punk can't save a show opening from a bad crowd.

-Legacy Era Randy Ortion Vs. Bray Wyatt: If this was put on PPV as an opener, the show would end before the entrances would.

-Not even the emotionless husk known as Stephanie Mcmahon can resist the grove of Dusty Rhodes theme music.

-The reason Jerry Lawler didn't wear the pink and black like everyone else because he either loves cancer, or he still believes he's in a feud with Brett Hart.

-Hunch: Super Detective; Now we wait for the twitter account...

Anyway, great show as always guys, and looking forward to next week.

-Rhys

[/centre]