MFX Podcast Show/Feedback Thread.

Started by Duckman, December 22, 2011, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

Hey folks, we're recording the show opening and IMPACT review tonight at 7pm UK time.

So if you've got any more feedback, emails, topics of discussion, hate mail or anything else then now is the time to let us know.

Either here, on Twitter to fire us an email to mfx.show@gmail.com

Thanks.

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Duckman, after watching the most recent episode of South Park which lampoons Zimmerman...I dont think we have anything to worry about being controversial again lol.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Duckman

So are you saying we should keep that joke I was going to cut??  LOL!

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Duckman on October 10, 2013, 07:08:14 AM
So are you saying we should keep that joke I was going to cut??  LOL!

ummm....we will defer to the panel of Jeff Hardy

Duckman

Jeff says cut it, he wants to get on the show more!

Marq

"Wait a second -- this kid is WHITE!"

*electric chair*
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Strike

An Inconvenient Curt continues to be inconveniently be the reason why I don't take bathroom breaks during Axel matches. Way to go, you crazy ass Brits.

Duckman

Interesting thing about bathroom breaks is....

Loads of Curtis and Axel on the RAW review this week.  The newest odd couple for MFX.  They're getting so over I don't think NeeNor even made an appearance!

Show will be up later tonight!

Strike

Quote from: Duckman on October 10, 2013, 12:33:18 PM
Interesting thing about bathroom breaks is....

Loads of Curtis and Axel on the RAW review this week.  The newest odd couple for MFX.  They're getting so over I don't think NeeNor even made an appearance!

Show will be up later tonight!

Neenor's been doing the job for the past few weeks.

Sheesh, look at you guys unconsciously doing WWE booking and forgetting about the poor guy within the show itself. =P

Duckman

MFX64 – A Week of Rubbish Wrestling.

Ah MFX Galaxy, it's been a tough week.  What with Hogan not getting on the Dixie Train, Battleground being one of the most terrible WWE PPVs in a long time and then RAW being really boring – bar the final segment.

Don't worry though, Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps are back with another edition of MFX to brighten your mood and end your week in wrestling on a high.

We bring the length, the jokes and the kind of wrestling podcast that entertains you until you can't take any more!

You can subscribe to MFX on Itunes (search Marks for Xcellence) and stream the show via Stitcher (again search Marks for Xcellence).  So you've got no excuse to miss another show.

Check out the podcast page for more details on the show and all the download/streaming links:

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=287

Thanks for listening and enjoy the show.

Brock Rhysner

Things I've learned from MFX64 (or as I'd like to call it in MFX's growing popularity, "The Political Album")

-Duckman will be playing The Grinch in this years MFXmas Story after promising such humorous delights of Sir Ian's call to TNA, only to delete it before it gets passed out to the expectant loyal listeners who bought MFX merch (avaliable at www.mfxpodcast.spreadshirt.com, and possibly www.mfxpodcast.spreadshirt.co.uk if us brits are lucky.)

-Only MFX can transition effortlessly from the Pajama Dad in Sir Ian meeting the poor, to The Banana Hammock Daddy in Triple H's DVD.

-Rhys' fun facts: The reason Christopher Daniels and Kazarian were singing "Off The Chain", is because those are the words to the walk-out music for Bobby Roode, before it became the orchestral version that it is now. (Link to said version: Bobby Roode 9th TNA Theme Song - Off The Chain (Lyrical) [High Quality + Download Link])

-Hulk Hogan may be into selling coffins, but as he has yet to sign back with the sinking ship known as TNA, apparently he's not too fond of Viking Burials.

-Apparently Rybitch names his balls after the ambulance who owns them.

-Duckman has set himself a new personal best of watching RAW in 90 minuets, and if things keep going the way they are, I'm expecting for him to set his new goal at 1 hour 15.

-Jojo and JBL are apparently looking to reenact a scene from Downton Abbey...or at the very least JBL is.

-Rhys' Fun Facts: For some reason when I heard Huntch was going to Zimbabwe I immediately thought of "Shaft In Africa". This has no real relevance to the actual show, just a general point of interest into how my head apparently works.

-At the Try-Hard Ruler Award given to Bob Buckland, I ended up singing the theme at full blast to one of my dogs. Considering he's been neutered, the line "You're never going to get laid" seemed comically relevant to his situation.

...And that's it. I don't mean for this to sound insulting to the pair of you, but the wrestling this week was apparently so bad, I've literally forgotten every point you've made in the podcast, after I finished listening to it about 5 minuets ago. You know it has been a BAAAAAAAAAD week when even MFX can't mine that much gold for me to make into the jewelry for the feedback. As such, I've decided to present to the MFX, a talking point in the hopes to redeem my sub-par effort this week.

Rumor has it that the reason WWE is going all out for their Hell In The Cell PPV is an attempt to earn back the trust of their buying audience. By bringing back Cena early to fight Del Rio (Cena being a PPV draw for the kids market) and bringing in Shawn Micheals in to ref the match between Ortion and Bryan in a HITC match, in order to promise the audience a finish. Basically, they're trying to give fans their very best in order to earn their trust back.

My question: Isn't that what you're suppose to do for EVERY PPV?!!! Aren't you suppose to save your very best matches with clear-cut finishes in order to get the people to pay to see them? I know TNA has pretty much bottomed out at this point, but considering WWE has been doing this for 30 years now, you would have thought that they understand how this shit works!

Discuss, and hopefully I'll be on better form next week.

-Rhys

[/centre]

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Its quite ironic that investigative reporter Sonic Matthews who tried to catch the Brodus Clay Child Sex Ring Story....does sound incredibly like Chris Hansen from To Catch A Predator...we will need to work that in more.

Brock Rhysner

Quote from: Trumpers on October 13, 2013, 11:24:55 AM
Its quite ironic that investigative reporter Sonic Matthews who tried to catch the Brodus Clay Child Sex Ring Story....does sound incredibly like Chris Hansen from To Catch A Predator...we will need to work that in more.

I think it's more ironic that the man who presents "To Catch a Funkasaurus", is, at least according to Hunch, is a sexual predator of Jooooooooohn Cena.

[/centre]

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Specter on October 13, 2013, 12:08:14 PM
I think it's more ironic that the man who presents "To Catch a Funkasaurus", is, at least according to Hunch, is a sexual predator of Jooooooooohn Cena.

I have pitched an idea to Duckman to compensate his deleted recording of Hark Hooogan calling TNA. A special series for those who bought merchandise.

Goldferg

Well, first up gents, I have to congratulate you on one of the finest examples of black humour I've heard in a long time with the JBL's 'Bullying as Sports' segway. Its probably wrong that I laughed as hard as I did at that, but I don't care, it was even funnier than the Hunch segment from last week.

Also thanks for putting me in touch with the Hulkster guys. We're still working out terms (it has something to do with 'trickle-down Hoganomics'), but I'm amazed I never thought of the pastamania deal before. You guys are awesome.

Great show as per usual guys, love it. all the thumbs up.
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.