News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

MFX Podcast Show/Feedback Thread.

Started by Duckman, December 22, 2011, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

I of course loved the show. Note on merch: Hunch is on his way to the MFX inbox. Sorry for the delays, life got crazy busy but a good crazy lol. I've got some of the others we discussed on tap as well.

I can't get Sonic Matthews' "Joooooohn Cena" out of my head.

I continue to be amazed at just how bad Impact is on a weekly basis. At this rate, I for one would like to offer any other weekly program for wrestling. It's been mentioned before, but if you want great wrestling related to WWE there's NXT...if you literally want something that's just different, a number of promotions put up weekly content on YouTube. Maybe Championship Wrestling from Hollywood, perhaps? LOL

Either way, your comedic contributions to wrestling society are most appreciated. Thanks, guys.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Duckman

Thanks for the feedback so far gents, really appreciated.

Due to Ian's work schedule we're not able to record this week.

We'll be back next week with a full show that will include a review of TNA's Bound for Glory - that's this weekend, right?

Anyway, no show this week but we'll be back week beginning 21st October with all your usual MFX goodness.

Cheers,
Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Goldferg

Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Chris Stern

Duckman

Sorry dudes!

On the plus side, if you've bought some MFX merch, send us an email - mfx.show@gmail.com - we've got something special for you guys as a thank you for buying something!

Be sure to email us because the spreadshirt records only go by post/zip codes and I can't identify who everyone is who bought merch. 

So if you want this special thank you for supporting MFX, be sure to email us!

The 'hidden track' special will be sent out over the next couple of days.

Cheers,
Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Brock Rhysner

e-mail sent. And I echo all the "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" statement.

[/centre]

Rob

We've received an email from a valued listener.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Alex Smiley

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Brock Rhysner

Just listened to said "hidden track".

Next payday, I'm getting another shirt just for that (plus I'm kind of losing a lot of weight, so I've got to restock my wardrobe). Excellent work boys. Bravo.

[/centre]

Duckman

That one was all down to Ian.  I just edited it together.

Glad you enjoyed it mate.

Also, anyone who bought merch and hasn't received an email or FB message with the link, let me know and I'll send it over to you.

Duckman

We're back this week folks with MFX65!!  It'll be all the usual MFX awesomeness you've come to know and love.  We'll have reviews of IMPACT (if we can be arsed) Bound for Glory and RAW.

If you want to get involved with MFX65, either with topics, questions, feedback, etc then just send us an email to mfx.show@gmail.com send us a Tweet @MFXPodcast or leave a message here. Thanks folks! Get excited, after a week off we're back!!!

Brock Rhysner

Just a thought after re-listening to the last show.

Deleto. Much lesser known brother of Magneto, and only has enough magnetic power to erase data from VHS Tapes, DVDs and hard drives.

[/centre]

Duckman

MFX65 – No Offence...

We're back!!  That's right folks, after a week off MFX is back with the kind of wrestling podcast your Mother warned you about.

This week on MFX: 

Duckman and Sir Ian discuss offensiveness, your feedback, emails and a ton of other random subjects.

They review IMPACT but spend most of the time forming their new band – Fourway which eventually breaks up by the end of the review.

Bound for Glory gets the MFX treatment.  It wasn't great.  This review is.

RAW is a bit more fun.  We review the show, Duckman tries to score with Nikki Bella and Josh Matthews is the unlikely catalyst.

We've been off for week, which means the show is funnier and more insightful than usual.  Seriously.

As always thanks for listening, be sure to get involved in future shows through all the usual channels and BUY SOME MERCH!

LINKS HERE:  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=290

PLAYLIST:

Marilyn Manson – mOBSCENE
Creedence Clearwater Revival – Travelling Band
Guns and Roses – Welcome to the Jungle

Tezmission Black

I can't wait for the 7th of next month..I am getting a damn good check then and I will be buying at least one shirt :D

Brock Rhysner

Thing I have learned from Episode 65 of MFX:

- If people are complaining about the fact the podcast isn't PC, and Duckman and Sir Iran don't care about this, then I am seriously wondering how bad the joke that they cut out of the show a few weeks ago really was.

- Apparently when the uprising of the poor happens, Friend of the show Ash Hendrix will be leading the troop to our defense. I would be slightly worried for him, if it were not for the fact I see his mirror equivalent on the other side being something akin to Baldrick from Black Adder.

- Dixie Carter went above and beyond the call of duty for Try hard Ruler winners. When Brick steps in before the theme music to the TNA review has stopped you know shit has gotten real.

- "Someone get me a Slingshot and a Bag of Mushrooms!" - Duckman. Discussing Bully Ray trying to save the sinking ship of TNA, or sewing the seeds to Shroomgate 2.

- Tenaz: Wrestling's New Power(less) Couple.

- I now want to see Angle and Keith Chegwin on Celebrity Rehab.

- A poem: Gameboy and Mertle, sitting in a tree, P-LO-T-T-I-N-G. First they fight off Dixie, Then they destroy Trip's marriage, because they told Step about the Banana Hammock.

- Apparently Bellator is commentating all TNA PPVs for Germany, or at least on Ian's version.

- Scott Armstrong was cooking Sir Ian's meals during Bound for Glory.

-Kurt Angle pulled off the bullshit "It's not you, it's me" excuse for the TNA Hall of Fame.

- Playing Welcome to the Jungle by Guns and Roses after BFG. I couldn't help but find the irony of the lyrics "Welcome to the Jungle, it gets worse here every day" in regards to TNA.

- I'd just like to say that due to the small discussion with Gameboy about if Triple H was the Brad Maddocks of Shawn Michaels, I now have the mental image of Michaels and Trips "Playing twister without spinning the wheel". God damn you Gameboy...

- So with Step, H, and Shawn all giving off an excellent performance in acting by Sir Ian's standards does that mean we're going to start giving out an Anti-Tryhard Ruler?

- On a slightly more serious note, I, like John Cena, lift weights in my spare time, and can empathize with his worry. The harsh reality of his life style, is that in the gym, especially strength gyms that I'm sure he frequents, you worth is proven simply by the amount of weight of which you can lift. So take that away from someone, even for a short time, will incidentally make them feel incredibly weak. It's the same reason why steroids are so prevalent in both weight lifting and in professional wrestling. You need to put yourself at the top of the pedestal by bring the biggest and strongest guy around, of which, if you consider it, is what put him in the position he is within the WWE. So as a small note, while you may consider Cena a possible Sociopath because of hiw reaction for being told that he can't lift weights for a week, I fear that he is far from the only one who reacts in such a way.

...Damn, that conversation got heavy quickly (pun fully intended), now back to the jokes.

- Sir Ian's Scottish accent is superb. No jokes, just facts.

- Duckman would be receiving the Christian treatment in his sex video with Nikki Bella in getting himself blocked out with a blue dot, however, the PC police would probably see that as offensive to Smirfs the world over.

All in all, another 5 hours well spend listening to you two BS on the wrestling world. Great show, and looking forward to this weeks.

-Rhys

[/centre]