MFX Podcast Show/Feedback Thread.

Started by Duckman, December 22, 2011, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

We're recording our WM30 preview show tonight folks.

We'd love to get your thoughts on the build to WM30, which matches you're looking forward to, which ones you aren't.

If you've got any other comments, topics, feedback etc, then you'll need to send it in sharpish.

Either here, or drop us an email at mfx.show@gmail.com

Don't leave us hanging here EFK, get involved!

Cheers,
Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Duckman

Rejoice MFX Galaxy – the lads are back!!  It's MFX83 The Wrestlemania Preview Edition.  Join your heroes Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps as they traverse the week in WWE and life in general.  On the show this week...

Duckman fills everyone in on his life threatening illness, Sir Ian gives updates on the TNA shows Duckman missed, plus there's a great rant about how Willow could be the worst wrestling character ever created.   There's also a report from Bret Hart's recent Q and A show in Glasgow.

The RAW review is all kinds of fun.  There's plenty of chat about the continuation of The Reality Era, loads of love for HHH trolling, Cena v Wyatt and the great show closing moment with Daniel Bryan.

The show is wrapped up with a preview of WrestleMania 30.  The lads give their predictions on all the matches, discuss your comments on WrestleMania 30 and there's an impassioned plea for all the IWC members and Daniel Bryan fans out there to watch the show.

It's great to be back!  As always, thanks for listening and be sure to get involved with the show through all the usual channels.  Enjoy WrestleMania 30!

PLAYLIST:

Simon and Garfunkel – The Sound of Silence
The Kinks – Dedicated Follower of Fashion

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=385

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Also note the popularity of our show crashed SLTD website...

Yep you knew us before we were famous!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Tezmission Black

Cory

I assume we use this thread now for Raw discussions.

Just watched Raw, as always an amazing crowd. I rarely watch Raw, but stayed up to catch the reply after work.

- Bryans opening celebration was nice. "You deserved it" chants were awesome....started off showing how awesome this crowd was going to be once again. HHH didnt ruin it, came off frustrated really well. 4.5/5

- Wyatts vs Team Shove down our throats was good for what it was. The crowd made it worth it getting behind the Wyatts. Brays finish was awesome....makes me wonder where they are taking this feud with him and Cena. 3.5/5

- Mixed tag match of randies. Clearly trying to get cheap post-mania pop for Fandango....match was crap. 0/5

- Heyman/Lesnar segment. Heyman is excellent as always, what a promo. The only thing this show lacked for me though was the lack of streak talk. Obviously it would have been a stretch for Taker to appear....but for how important this loss was....I don't know how they give Taker a proper sending off without him appearing last night. Bring him back in a few weeks and have the Sting thing or something....just would have been more impactful having him be involved last night, get a HUGE "Thank you Taker" pop and take the next step in his career. Still....phenomenal mic work from Heyman.  4/5

- Orton/Batista vs Usos - Seemed pointless....just canning the champs to put over an angle that may or may not ever fully pan out. Made the champs look like jobbers....not a good move in the direction of trying to make the tag team division legit again. 2/5

- RVD vs Sandow - Always nice to see RVD back....this was an ideal crowd for him to return too....did some nice spots and got the win. RVD is always an exciting mid-carder, nice to have him back. Didnt Sandow win the money in the bank last year? Yikes....maybe a RVD feud or something can give him some substance again. 3/5

- Bad News Barrett vs Rey - I, like Ian, hate Mysterio....so anytime he jobs its awesome. I liked him in ECW/WCW when he was a cruser-weight and did crazy moves....but now hes like 230lbs and the 619 is the worst finisher of all time now that he eliminated the hurricarana pin....which was like 5 years ago. Add that everyone still remembers the Royal Rumble incident....fuck that guy. Barrett was over and I love his finisher...nice win crowd was awesome here. Match didnt make much sense however. 3/5

- Rusev vs Zack Ryder - Squad match....Rusev is a good worker....really athletic...but foreign gimmicks always plateu fairly quickly and unless he changes it up he'll never get past the IC Title range....do they even still have that belt? I fear Rusev will end up like that Sylvester Terkay guy or whatever a bunch of years back...but im interested to see him get put in a real feud...maybe him and Big E would be good. 2.5/5

- Warrior segment. Go away. Didnt grow up in that era so it doesnt hit the same nostalgia that Hall/Jake the Snake hit....but seriously...they should have judged that when Hall got the biggest pop at the hall of fame, and Warrior was similar to Jake the Snake....that maybe they limit this freaks camera time. 0/5

- AJ vs Paige. I really liked that Paige girls match on the NXT PPV....a great worker...would actually put on a good match with someone like Natalia who can too wrestle....but was a good surprise. Kinda botched that finish and I remember she had an insane submission move from the NXT PPV that she could have used....but very nice suprrise...crowd was really into it. 3.5/5

- Cesaro Trophy Presentation - Highlight of the show. When he said he wasnt a Colter guy I was like fuck. Cesaro is my favourite wrestler at the moment....I think if they gave him a better finisher which is is more capable of doing (cant picture him hitting the nutralizer at a PPV to win the HW belt....give him that sick pop-up uppercut...looks 10x better and impactful)...but he needs a voice. His mic work will hold him back and I was like after getting this push your gonna try and make him go solo....then boom, Heyman. That was fucking perfect. Can't wait to see the future with Cesaro. Hes now getting over with most crowds and like Bryan can have a good match with anybody...plus has a bit of that bodybuilder build. He was turning face....but with Heyman now can we assume he'll be staying heel? Uncertain about this...but I hope once the Authority angle dies down a Cesaro/Bryan feud is gonna be epic. 5/5

- HHH vs Bryan - "3MB" chants to help Bryan was good shit...but like the idea of Evolution vs The Shield....but I think HHH vs Bryan has run its course....I would have liked HHH to stick maybe Lesnar on Bryan to build off the ending of the Streak momentum....but of course he needs to stroke his ego and be in the middle of everything. Lesnar needs to be capitalized and put into a big feud (not sure with the dates or his schedule if it has changed or not)....but Evolution/Sheild works for me. 3.5/5

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Duckman

Ok troops, here's the post-WrestleMania MFX update.

First off I hope everyone who watched WM30 had as great a time watching the show as I did.  To those of you who didn't watch it – haha, you missed out on a fucking tremendous WWE PPV with at least three historic moments and a shit load of great wrestling.

Anyway, I've just got back from my brother's about ten minutes ago and Ian is away for work until tomorrow evening.  Here's our plan:

We're going to record the first half of the show on Thursday at 8pm UK time.  That'll cover our usual random chat, WWE HOF Chat,WM30 review, WWE Network numbers chat and thoughts on the passing of the Ultimate Warrior.

Friday at 8pm UK time we'll be recording our RAW review.

I know there's tons of threads and different chat going about all the stuff that's happened over the last few days.  I'm too important (lazy) to go back through them all, so if you'd like to contribute to MFX this week, can you leave the following feedback in this thread:

WM30 – mark out of ten with best match/worst match.

Thoughts on The Streak Ending.

Thoughts on HOF

Thoughts on Warrior passing.

Or if you'd prefer to keep your thoughts for the show, send us an email to mfx.show@gmail.com

Remember, we're not looking for essays here because we want get as much feedback from you guys as possible.  So please keep the feedback to a few lines, otherwise I need to start cutting shit out and I hate doing that.

Hope to hear from you guys on what has been the biggest and most newsworthy week in WWE for years.

Cheers,
Duckman

Goldferg

On the Streak ending: Haven't seen Mania or the match, so can't comment on that. My initial thought was it was a mistake and I kinda still feel that way. If Lesnar was going to beat the streak then he should've been undefeated until that point for one thing. For another the streak is one of those things that I don't think should have ended, mostly because I'm a crotchety old bastard who fears change.

That being said, Brock's a legit monster and, provided they book him strong after this, with no BS losses, should make whichever member of the roster they choose to finally end his rampage into a bonafide star in their own right. He also has enough legit badass credentials and, of course, Paul Heyman to blunt a lot of the smark resentment, and his being booked as a perma-heel means that the casuals would boo him anyway. And of course, at least he's not John Cena, who was the person most of us would have picked as most likely to be the 'streak ender', which spares us from another round of verbal blowjobs and, of course, the inevitable riot that would have ahppened had he won.

On Warrior:
This one hurts a lot more than I thought it would, but then again Warrior was a HUGE part of my childhood. Matter of fact, Warrior was the first wrestler I was ever a fan of, probably before I even fully knew what wrestling was as I think my first exposure to him was the old Hasbro action figure (with press slam arms action!). I've since grown up to appreciate things like 'work rate' and 'being able to cut a coherent promo' and me actually knowing what wrestling is, but back then Warrior was the coolest thing in the world to little 8 year-old me, with the face-paint and the tassles and all the craziness. I'd have probably gotten into wrestling anyway, what with the wrestling zombies and skull-face-painted voodoo priests and the like running about, but he's still a huge reason that I did.
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

The TeeJ of Philly

HOF: Thought it may have been one of the better ones despite Mr. T and Lita's pacing "So you know haha, you know like aha, and yeah" that sort of stuff. Roberts had maybe the greatest speech I can remember. Hall's was just as good as was Warriors. I could have done without Hornswoggle and Torito, but without them, we would have gone through another minute of Mr. T talking about his mama. Loved Kane's story about Bearer, loved his son's impression and Taker making an appearance made for one of the better moments of the night.

WM30: The best part about this event, it was WWE finally saying "we need to move forward". From the Shield quick win over Outlaws/Kane, to Cesaro eliminating the odds on favorite Big Show, to the streak ending. It was, to me, WWE saying, there's more to us than the past and we now know that. The way Mania started, that's how it should have started. Three legends, three of the most well known, most recognizable wrestlers hyping up the show.

I thought unlike WM29, the pacing of the show was far better, the matches people cared about were put in the right spots. The divas match brought the crowd down, but didn't bring the show down. Stars of the night: Bryan, Bray, Cena, and Stephanie McMahon. I mean those legs.......anyways. The first three looked amazing in the ring. Cena's selling of his inner turmoil didn't look forced, he looked like for the first time in a long time, he was having fun in the ring. Stephanie did a great job ringside in the opener, imo. Constantly berating DB when he was getting beat down.

Only thing I wish we would have seen had nothing to do with any thing in-ring. Earlier that day, I was watching No Way Out 2005 on the network and there was a backstage segment that ran around 3 or 4 minutes where Eddie Guerrero talked to Cena before his match against Angle, where the winner would go on to face the champ at WM21. Eddie talked about how main eventing WM wasn't something to just be like "cool. I'm down" it's something that guys work so hard for and really sold how important it was someone's career not to take it lightly. What would have been nice to see added to DB's night is the trio (Hogan, Austin, Rock) do that to him as he's about to take on HHH or before the triple threat match.

Chris Stern

On the ending of the streak: I admit, I like everyone else that didn't have some insider info was surprised that it ended. I am not going to lie when it happened I just sat there staring at the screen not sure how to process it till they showed 21-1 graphic. I wasn't upset by it just disappointed that it ended like it did, not because of who ended it but how it ended since the match overall was pretty weak. Had I known at that moment that taker suffered a server concussion early on in the match then I wouldn't of been so disappointed with the match and the outcome. But honestly I don't think there is anyone currently wrestling that could be the guy who can carry the responsibility of being the guy who ended the streak then Brock since him and his main mouthpiece Heyman can live with the venom filled hatred they get from fans which is a rare trait nowadays. Just hopefully WWE doesn't screw this up as Brock needs to be protected now and built as a serious threat or Taker doing the job at Mania and allowing Brock to end the 21 year long streak would of been meaningless. 

As for the passing of The Ultimate Warrior, I was honestly shocked when I woke up and saw the news especially he seemed fine at the hall of fame, mania and this weeks RAW, sure he looked like his joints were bad and had trouble moving and got gassed simply shaking the ropes but fine for a former roid using pro wrestler in his 50's.

Sure he wasn't a great worker, has some shall we say "strong, almost fanatical right wing views" but he was still part of my youth and I will never forget the day I saw him end Hogan's second title reign at Wrestlemania 6 and I admit I had ended up becoming a Warrior mark and still have my old Ultimate Warrior(as well as my Macho man Randy Savage) wrestling buddy which were gifts from my godmother and I will admit his final appearance on this past monday's RAW brought a smile to my face and brought back warm memories of watching his matches on TV as a kid. So it was sad to hear of the man's sudden passing especially since he has two very young daughters and if his two girls are anything like mine then they are probably heart broken that their father is no long around.   

Now on to the Hall of fame, It was good, especially Jake's speech which brought a tears to my eyes, though I didn't care for T's speech nor his overreactions over twitter after the ceremony and mania. Yeah I get that they told them to talk about moments that mattered to them and important moments in their career and all that but I don't think that they would have had a hour or more long speech about someone's mother in mind. Honestly you could easily talk about how much your mother mattered and how she made you the man you are without that needlessly long and chuckle inducing speech. 

Duckman

MFX84 The WRESTLEMANIA Edition is up! Join your heroes Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps as they traverse the biggest weekend of the year for WWE and life in general.  On the show this week...

The lads share their WrestleMania weekend stories which results in plenty of hilarity.  Sir Ian reviews the WWE Hall of Fame.  They discuss the shocking passing of the Ultimate Warrior and your thoughts on Warrior's death and his career.  Wrestlemania 30 is given the full MFX treatment and so is the follow up Monday Night RAW.

One of the most historic, newsworthy and shocking weekends in WWE history is in the books and now the lads of MFX have their say.  So many great moments, so much to talk about and so many laughs to be had.  Join us and Hulk Hogan, live from The Thunderdome, brother!

As always, thanks for listening and be sure to get involved with the show through all the usual channels.

PLAYLIST:
The Ultimate Warrior theme
Nothing Lasts Forever – Echo and The Bunnymen

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=388

Duckman

MFX85 the IMPACT Edition is up!  Join your heroes Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps as they traverse the week in TNA and life in general.  On the show this week...

The lads decide not to give up on TNA.  Well, Sir Ian basically forced Duckman to keep going with it.  To offset Duckman's hatred of TNA, Sir Ian reviews the Scooby Doo/WrestleMania movie to cheer him up.  We learn Sin Cara is over and it's not nice to milk dogs.  There's some also some TNA related news discussed, including contract signings, possible releases and a new and unexpected addition to the creative team.

They wrap the show up with the IMPACT review.  There's loads of talk about TNA, where they stand as a company and whether or not they will ever be seen as a viable alternative to WWE.  The Eric Young World Title win is covered in-depth.  Plus Brick Hogan and Jeff Nero Hardy go to war.

As always thanks for listening and be sure to get involved in the show through all the usual channels.

PLAYLIST:

Led Zepplin - Black Dog

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=390

Duckman

MFX85 The RAW Edition is up!  Join your heroes Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps as they traverse the week in WWE and life in general.  On the show this week...

Duckman once again proves he's a ridiculous old man, which leads into lots of movie talk and other nonsense.  There's some chat about recent shows and podcasts you guys should check out.  Plus all your feedback is covered, which leads the lads down many random tangents.  They cover the recent viewer numbers released by WWE for Wrestlemania, plus some other WWE related news and rumours.

The RAW review wraps the show up this week.  Michael Cole, Schoolyard Reporter returns, Rednecks love John Cena's comedy and have never experienced Evolution.  There's a lot of love for the IC Title tournament and rebuilding the WWE midcard.  Oh and Brick Hogan tries to oust Sir Ian from the show.  A really fun review of RAW this week and a really fun show in general.

As always, thanks for listening and be sure to get involved with the show through all the usual channels.

PLAYLIST:

Kenny Loggins – Playing With The Boys

Get the show here:  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=393

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Duckman

MFX86 The IMPACT Edition is up!  Join your heroes Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps as they traverse the week in TNA and life in general.  On the show this week...

The lads get confused about Easter.  Sir Ian's computer monitor died, so he had to go to PC World, hilarity ensues.  His latest attempt at giving up smoking is also discussed.  Plus the lads discuss some fun news stories about the invention of powdered alcohol and how CNN wonder if it'd be possible to rebrand the Ku Klux Klan.

Then it's on to the wrestling part of the show.  The lads discuss TNA news and whether or not there is a youth movement in TNA at the moment.  There's a rundown of the Sacrifice PPV card, plus a full review of IMPACT to wrap things up.

As always, thanks for listening and be sure to get involved in future shows through all the usual channels.

PLAYLIST:

Oasis – Cigarettes and Alcohol

GET THE SHOW HERE:  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=396