MFX Podcast Show/Feedback Thread.

Started by Duckman, December 22, 2011, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

MFX95 – Crime, Punishment and The Armenian Dream.

MFX95 is up!!  Join your heroes Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps as they traverse the week in WWE and TNA.  On the show this week...

It's not a good week to be an Australian.  With Rolf Harris and WWE's Emma both making headlines for criminal behaviour (one much more serious than the other) the lads do have a lot of fun with both stories and the reaction of WWE fans to the Emma story.  Plus Duckman gives the lowdown on his trip to Birmingham to see a live recording of the Hollywood Babble-On podcast.

There's a ridiculous review of a fun edition of TNA IMPACT.  Including more from the United Nations of the X-Division, Bram being Bram and some suggestions for new authority figures and their lookalike trios they should bring in.

The lads review MITB and the follow up Monday Night RAW.  Great matches and returns make the headlines.  The lads lose the plot over Vinny from Total Divas becoming Dusty Rhodes and they defend John Cena winning the WWE Title for the 15th time.  We don't care what the IWC says, anyone with the zen ninja skills with the ladies like Cena has, is alright in MFX's book.

As always, thanks for listening and be sure to get involved with the show through all the usual channels.  Oh and BUY SOME MERCH!

PLAYLIST:
Dread Zepplin – Heartbreaker (At The End of Lonely Street)

GET THE SHOW HERE:  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=434
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Duckman

MFX96 –  Roman's Empire.   

MFX96 is up!  Join your heroes Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps as they traverse the week in WWE and TNA.  On the show this week...

Seeing as MFX Unleashed has been on hiatus for a month, this week the lads are unleashed on the World Cup, wrestling podcasts and a few other fun non-wrestling topics.

Fear not, there is wrestling chat on this show!  There's actually loads of it and it starts with the IMPACT review.  It's fashion week on the MFX IMPACT review with Earl Hebner.  We learn about loyalty cards with Kenny 'Cabana Boy' King.  Plus there's all the usual MFX tomfoolery.

The lads wrap up the show this week with the usual review of RAW.  The lads marvel at how cool Roman Reigns is and John Cena just can't keep up, no one can see Randy Orton and Sir Ian lets loose with an epic rant about Bret Hart and the Montreal Screw Job.   

As always, thanks for listening and be sure to get involved with the show through all the usual channels.  Oh and BUY SOME MERCH!!

PLAYLIST:
Barry Manilow – Copacabana

GET THE SHOW HERE: http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=436

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Duckman

MFX97 – Bros Before Ambrose.

MFX97 is up!!  Join your heroes Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps as they traverse the week in WWE and TNA.  On the show this week...

Sir Ian goes to Eminem's gig at Wembley, the lads discuss their favourite gigs, wrestling matches and wrestlers they would have loved to see live but didn't get the chance.  They talk KENTA signing with WWE, CM Punk's contract expiring and big the announcement of TNA's second season of British Bootcamp.

The IMPACT review is a ton of fun this week as FINALLY TNA realise Willow is a waste of time, Eric Young slides into obscurity, Austin Aries won't shut up about Option C, and Bram's quest for the truth about who murdered Lucy Beale in Eastenders continues.

The lads wrap the show up with their review of RAW.  It's a fun review because when WWE get desperate about selling the Network, MFX gets funny.  Happy WWE Days continues with Fonzy Reigns and Potsie Cena, Rusev and Swagger = HEAT and surprisingly there's an in-depth discussion about WWE's star making process and what they will do when John Cena finally hangs up his jorts.

As always, thanks for listening and be sure to get involved with the show through all the usual channels.  Oh and BUY SOME MERCH!!

GET THE SHOW HERE:  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=439

PLAYLIST:
NWA – Express Yourself

Cory

Usually toss my feedback here after I catch the occasional PPV....had nothing on the go tonight and the possibility of Lesnar returning had me watching this one.......That was the worst PPV I can remember....I dont remember a show that the opening match was so good, and the entire card after flopped.

1) Usos v/s Wyatts - Excellent match, show stealer....both teams have great chemistry...hope the feud continues. Brodie Lee is awesome, these guys bringing some life into the tag team division. 4.5/5

2) AJ vs Paige - What happened to that pale chicks push? A little more than the typical diva filler match....but still wasnt amazing, with probably the two best "wresters" in the Divas division, them and Neidharts daughter. I guess putting the filler/piss break match this early means booking knows the opener was the high point and the rest of the show is going to blow. In retrospect....this was one of the better matches on the show. 3/5

3) Swagger vs Rusev - A match with a Raw-like ending....with the crowd as invested into this feud (I assume its being going on for weeks? I dont watch much of this shit, tonight is a reflection of why) with the Pro-America thing, just an average match. Fuck Lana is sexy as shit tho 2/5 for Lanas ass

4) Ambrose vs Rollins - Again, a match that could and would have helped this awful card, got a Raw treatment. The banned from the building and then returning is the go home Raw to a PPV gimmick, not something you do to the PPV match that has potential to be the show stealer. God Brock Lesnar better be back tonight. 0/5

5) Y2J vs Wyatt - Good match, never expected it to be the show stealer, just a match that IF they did the Rollins/Ambrose match it'd keep the crowd hot and entertain....but after the entire PPV peaked after the first 20 minutes, it makes me feel like this match was slightly above average, but it carried on was too long personally.....Y2J winning was a surprise and keeps the feud going to Summerslam. 3/5

6) Battle Royal - What did Cesaro do to piss off management? The one man band guy....really? REALLY? I get the super original Miz keeps going under the bottom rope and giving away the finish 3 minutes into the match was bad enough, making Cesaro the new Zack Ryder? I get the finish....I called it 1/2 way through that Miz was gonna dump either Ziggler/Cesaro with the Jerry Lawler rumble tactics move....but the over-done finish made this match stale, and very boring. Miz will never be over....hindering another Ziggler push to realize this after Summerslam kinda sucks. 1/5

7) Main Event - Everyone knew Cena was going to win to set up him vs Lesnar at SummerSlam...but surly the booking team knew this card was going to blow, so at least ending the show with Lesnar would leave people on somewhat a high note....not waiting for him to appear tomorrow on Raw....right?....RIGHT?! Fuck this match sucks....when you have the same guys over and over in the same match, everything looks the same. Oh sweet, the barricade bump that's done EVERY PPV....Cena/Orton in right has been done 40009095969 times over the last 5 years..and knowing the result beforehand didn't really matter what anyone did. Super-cena finish to top it off. 2/5

People still pay for these things? Jesus.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Chris Stern

Quote from: Cory on July 20, 2014, 11:10:31 PM
Usually toss my feedback here after I catch the occasional PPV....had nothing on the go tonight and the possibility of Lesnar returning had me watching this one.......That was the worst PPV I can remember....I dont remember a show that the opening match was so good, and the entire card after flopped.

1) Usos v/s Wyatts - Excellent match, show stealer....both teams have great chemistry...hope the feud continues. Brodie Lee is awesome, these guys bringing some life into the tag team division. 4.5/5

2) AJ vs Paige - What happened to that pale chicks push? A little more than the typical diva filler match....but still wasnt amazing, with probably the two best "wresters" in the Divas division, them and Neidharts daughter. I guess putting the filler/piss break match this early means booking knows the opener was the high point and the rest of the show is going to blow. In retrospect....this was one of the better matches on the show. 3/5

3) Swagger vs Rusev - A match with a Raw-like ending....with the crowd as invested into this feud (I assume its being going on for weeks? I dont watch much of this shit, tonight is a reflection of why) with the Pro-America thing, just an average match. Fuck Lana is sexy as shit tho 2/5 for Lanas ass

4) Ambrose vs Rollins - Again, a match that could and would have helped this awful card, got a Raw treatment. The banned from the building and then returning is the go home Raw to a PPV gimmick, not something you do to the PPV match that has potential to be the show stealer. God Brock Lesnar better be back tonight. 0/5

5) Y2J vs Wyatt - Good match, never expected it to be the show stealer, just a match that IF they did the Rollins/Ambrose match it'd keep the crowd hot and entertain....but after the entire PPV peaked after the first 20 minutes, it makes me feel like this match was slightly above average, but it carried on was too long personally.....Y2J winning was a surprise and keeps the feud going to Summerslam. 3/5

6) Battle Royal - What did Cesaro do to piss off management? The one man band guy....really? REALLY? I get the super original Miz keeps going under the bottom rope and giving away the finish 3 minutes into the match was bad enough, making Cesaro the new Zack Ryder? I get the finish....I called it 1/2 way through that Miz was gonna dump either Ziggler/Cesaro with the Jerry Lawler rumble tactics move....but the over-done finish made this match stale, and very boring. Miz will never be over....hindering another Ziggler push to realize this after Summerslam kinda sucks. 1/5

7) Main Event - Everyone knew Cena was going to win to set up him vs Lesnar at SummerSlam...but surly the booking team knew this card was going to blow, so at least ending the show with Lesnar would leave people on somewhat a high note....not waiting for him to appear tomorrow on Raw....right?....RIGHT?! Fuck this match sucks....when you have the same guys over and over in the same match, everything looks the same. Oh sweet, the barricade bump that's done EVERY PPV....Cena/Orton in right has been done 40009095969 times over the last 5 years..and knowing the result beforehand didn't really matter what anyone did. Super-cena finish to top it off. 2/5

People still pay for these things? Jesus.

Yeah I can't agrue with your review of the show, I think this was the first PPV I seen since getting the network that I stopped watching halfway through and have no intentions on going back and finishing it. Ever.

Duckman

MFX98 – Menace To Sanada.

MFX98 is up!  Join your heroes Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps as they traverse the week in WWE and TNA.  On the show this week...

It's hot.  Like, really hot.  When the temperature rises, MFX goes a bit nutty.  Sir Ian's kills a sofa, Duckman moans about the Commonwealth Games before they've even started.  They discuss a couple of emails from listeners, including a report on Roddy Piper's recent live show in Edinburgh.  The lads answer some listener questions and there's tons more summertime fun to be had.

Then it's on to the IMPACT review.  While TNA spend a lot of time harking back to ECW in an attempt to stop the NYC crowd from ruining the show, the lads aren't quite as keen on this latest nostalgia kick from TNA.  That said, this was another good edition of IMPACT, with some good matches and a smarktastic crowd that had the TNA audio team working over time. 

The WWE part of the show has a review of the disappointing Battleground PPV and a decent edition of Monday Night Raw.  Stephy gets arrested, Brock is back and hunky men argue over which one of them gets to be HHH's man...

PLAYLIST:
Lovin' Spoonful – Summer In The City
Coolio – Gangster's Paradise

GET THE SHOW HERE:  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=441

Duckman

MFX99A – A RhumbleRama Ramble.

MFX99A is up!!  Join your heroes Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps for a very special edition of MFX.  On the show this week...

Duckman and Sir Ian are joined by Andrew Carson, writer and director of the forthcoming UK based wrestling movie, RhumbleRama.  Andrew gives us the lowdown on how RhumbleRama came to be, his trips to Hollywood meeting with top executives and producers, plus so much more on this exciting project!

Andrew sticks around to answer some listener emails and the lads discuss the latest TNA/Spike TV news, as well as WWE's recent investor call, the WWE Network and more.

This is a great show for wrestling and movie fans.  Be sure to follow Andrew and RhumbleRama on social media and MFX will have more updates, news and interviews with Andrew and the cast of the movie in the coming months.

Oh and don't worry, our usual reviews of IMPACT and RAW are on MFX99B.  So you better get listening to that as well!

Thanks for listening and be sure to get involved with the show through all the usual channels.  Oh and BUY SOME MERCH!

PLAYLIST:
Royal Blood – Little Monster

GET THE SHOW HERE (DOWNLOAD AND STREAM):  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=444

Duckman

MFX99B – The Ballad of Bill Duke.

The second part of MFX99 is up!!  Join your heroes Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps as they traverse the week in WWE and TNA.  On the show this week...

The lads are joined again by Andrew Carson, the writer/director of forthcoming UK based wrestling movie, RhumbleRama (check out MFX99A for our great interview with Andrew) to review TNA IMPACT and WWE RAW.

The IMPACT review kicks things off and it's a riot from start to end.  They cover all the matches and angles.  Bram continues his search for the truth about the murder of Lucy Beale on Eastenders.  The lads ponder if Bobby Lashley's Dad is Bill Duke from Predator.  All that and more!

The show wraps up for another week with a review of WWE RAW.  All the matches and angles are covered.  Steph struggles to return to normal society.  Randy Orton tries his best to become visible again.  Sir Ian and Andrew play, "what would happen if Randy Orton had a time machine."  Another fun review of RAW.

As always, thanks for listening and be sure to get involved with the show through all the usual channels.  Remember to follow RhumbleRama on social media and spread the word!

PLAYLIST:
Boyz2Men – End of the Road

GET THE SHOW HERE (DOWNLOAD AND STREAM):  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=446

Duckman

MFX100 is up!! They say good things come to those who wait, and for once they're right! We've got a huge show for you guys to celebrate MFX100. The main show covers Del Rio's release, WWE Network numbers, Paul Heyman's DVD and more! Plus our usual reviews of IMPACT and RAW.

We've also recorded two very special skits. The Race to Russo Mountain and The Red (And Yellow) Wedding.
You can find all three of these special shows at www.mfxpodcast.com or via Stitcher, ITunes and other podcast apps.

This is a big moment for us. We didn't think we'd reach 100 shows! So be sure to listen, enjoy the skits and we'd love to hear what you guys thought of all the shows.

Thanks for the support and here's to 100 more editions of MFX!

Duckman

MFX101 – The Difficult 2nd Album Show.

MFX101 is up!  Join your heroes Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps as they traverse the week in WWE and TNA.  On the show this week...

The lads pay tribute to Robin Williams (another comic hero of MFX gone too soon), they cover your emails, BIG TNA news, including talk about the potential of Spike TV buying a controlling percentage of TNA, and there's a quick review of IMPACT.

Then it's the WWE portion of the show, with more on Del Rio, AAA, an in-depth look at Summerslam and a quick review of Monday Night Raw.

This will be our last show for a few weeks, so enjoy, share, celebrate and LOVE MFX101!  We'll be back as soon as real life calms down for Duckman and Sir Ian.  Until then, keep supporting MFX and get in touch with the show through all the usual channels.

Thanks for listening!  Oh and BUY SOME MERCH!

PLAYLIST:
Counting Crows – Mr Jones.

GET THE SHOW HERE:  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=455

Duckman

MFX102 – Sir Ian and The Orchid of Atlanta.

After six weeks on hiatus Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps are back and better than ever! 

Hear tales of Sir Ian's trip to the States including his interactions with the American healthcare system, what happened when he met his Orchid of Atlanta, his advice on stripper etiquette, how he could have been mistaken for a college campus prowler and so much more. 

Duckman talks the Scottish Independence referendum and his take on it now the dust has settled.  This leads to plenty of discussion on the disappointment of politics.  The lads discuss The Fappening and celebrity culture in general, before wrapping up the show with talk of a lady with three breasts and a dirty protest by a disgruntled midget.

So what are you waiting for?  Get listening and revel in the majesty that is the return of MFX!

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=458

Duckman

MFX104 – The Inv-ASIAN Episode, Part 2.

With Sir Ian Trumps still offline, Duckman once again calls on his buddy Marc Abrigo to join him in the MFX studio.  The lads struggled against terrible internet connections, but somehow got the show recorded.

It's another packed and fun show with a ton of stuff covered.  The lads discuss the WWE Network numbers, ways to improve the Network's content, and they book a potential Wrestlemania 31 card - a show Marc already has his tickets for! 

They also discuss and debunk the top ten conspiracy theories of all time, take a look back at some of the most WTF endings to TV series and cover the tricky topic of freedom of speech on the internet.

As always, thanks for listening and be sure to get involved with the show through all the usual channels.

PLAYLIST:  The Theme from Alf.

GET SHOW HERE, DOWNLOAD AND STREAMING:  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=464

Rob

Why didn't you tell anyone when P1 went up!!!! I've been waiting for this!!!
SixersEagles

[/center]

Duckman

Sorry mate, I told everyone on Facebook and Twitter for days.  I couldn't post it on here because it was  posted during the couple of days when the server went down.

Duckman

MFX105 – The Minority Report.

While Sir Ian is still offline and moving into his new house, Duckman once again gave a call to the only Asian he knows, which means Marc Abrigo is back on MFX for another week!  Yay!

This week the lads discuss giant bums, amazing space related achievements and FIFA corruption.  Plus there's some wrestling chat on WWE in the UK, CM Punk writing comics for Marvel, NJPW and Jim Ross, Lucha Underground and more.  Plus there's a horror story about farts and plenty of Abrigo doing racial comedy that Duckman is both too scared and too white to do himself.

Another fun show, with a ton of laughs and plenty of random topics covered.  You know how we do this by now, so stop reading this pointless nonsense and get listening!

Be sure to get involved with the show through all the usual channels.

PLAYLIST:
Queen – Fat Bottom Girls.

DOWNLOAD/STREAM THE SHOW HERE:  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=511