MFX Podcast Show/Feedback Thread.

Started by Duckman, December 22, 2011, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Duckman

MFX115 – Fifty Shades of Andy Grey

The number one podcast for inappropriate dolphin lovers everywhere is back for another week!  Join your heroes Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps as they traverse the week in this weird world we live in.  On the show this week...

The lads discuss all the fall-out from the epic, "who killed Lucy Beale?" storyline in Eastenders.  They talk Oscar nominations and make a few predictions on who might win.  Plus they lament Madonna's decision not to allow Grado to use her song for his entrance on TNA TV this week, and write a few new songs for her.

All your emails are answered and once again the lads are lead down a philosophical path about changing your letter for the better and the importance of self-motivation.  Plus a long lost member of the show makes a return to rule on the major controversy than ended last week's show.

There's wrestling chat as CM Punk vs. WWE Doctor is covered, plus Samoa Joe leaves TNA and the lads preview Fast Lane...well, they actually just make fun of it.

This week's weird news stories involve Fifty Shades of Grey and the show is wrapped up with a classic Try Hard Ruler of the Week award! 

As always, thanks for listening.  Be sure to get in touch with the show through all the usual channels and shill this show to everyone you know!

DOWNLOAD OR STREAM THE SHOW HERE: http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=618 OR SUBSCRIBE VIA ITUNES AND STITCHER. SEARCH: MARKS FOR XCELLENCE.

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

BamBamBunglow

Laughed so much it sparked and coughing fit and I almost lost my breakfast. And I only just got as far as the suprise return.

Drama Queen

So much fun as usual. Wow, if I did believe in censorship, fifty shades would be right up there with twilight as candidates for it. Bad enough it caused stabbings in Glasgow and riots in Florida, but bringing micheal Bolton back in the public eye is really crossing the line.

Good stuff George the animal peel, keep it up. Great discussion following that, and yeah it's really true, how you start to view things differently once you take steps to take control of your life. It's very hard to convey this though to people who have not yet reached that point.

I actually like madonnas manly arms! Hmmm, Not quite sure I should be admitting that.

Oh, and yayme, and my very first try hard ruler.... Though I should of course thank duckman, couldn't have done it without him and his marketing skills  ;D

Tell you what's funny though... I live less than ten minutes away from Sparta, home of the attempted black ice alibi, and try hard runner-up! In fact I used to play indoor soccer there every Thursday night! If I ever go back to that, I'm going to pour ice all over the surface and use it as an excuse for my shit ball-control!

Brock Rhysner

I'm going to be honest, as soon as I heard DQ's entry, I knew I had lost. Still, at least I seem to be moving in the right direction.

Excellent show as always, but a little disappointed at the delay towards the next one. Then again I guess Duckman will have to recover from his Downdog practice with Brick...

[/centre]

Duckman

Indeed.  I'm not sure DDP has worked out a position that Brick will be able to do, but she'll give it her best shot.

Just to give you guys an update, it might be 3 weeks or so before the next show:

This weekend:  Eoin coming to stay with me
Next weekend: I'm in England for a family wedding, Ian's wife's birthday (I think)
Weekend after that: My birthday, so might be away, Ian has friends visiting
Weekend after that: Maybe free - will need to confirm.

Just a hectic time for both of us over the next month or so, but we'll keep you guys update when the next show will be!

Cheers for the feedback too lads.

Drama Queen

Look on the bright side. Time wise, my undefeated tryhard streak will automatically be as long as bam bam's :-)

Brock Rhysner

[/centre]

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Drama Queen on February 24, 2015, 11:55:10 AM
Look on the bright side. Time wise, my undefeated tryhard streak will automatically be as long as bam bam's :-)

And you'll defend the title about as often as Brock Lesnar does, so it works.

You're the one that beat the one that beat the one in 3-1.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Alex Smiley

I didn't get a chance to go through my usual "Phrases That Pay" routine, but I do have some feedback:

1) I'm taking full credit for bringing the award to the Galaxy's attention, but I'm not the one who put in the nomination. Whoever did is the real MVP.

2) I'm slightly gutted I didn't get a piece of that ruler, but at least it was because someone had something better and not what used to be the case; last thing I want is to be called the Perennial Underachiever of the THROW Awards.

3) I am working on writing "Like A Sermon" as we speak. Ian may have opened a floodgate of churchy parodies that he'll wish have stayed closed...

[spoiler]Like a sermon
Preached for the very first time
Like a seerrrmooon
Holy Ghost, on my mind...
[/spoiler]

4) I've jotted down the design slogans/ideas so I have them on hand when I get back to doing them. Thanks!

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Rob

Wow what a show! Brilliant one guys, loved it.

One of the first shows I started at about 11pm and just listened solidly until 2am! (the FBL updates helped with that I guess). But I laughed all the way through and never once felt like pausing it or going to sleep! Kinda gutted now tho cause I'm knackered!
SixersEagles

[/center]

Strike

Downloading it at the moment to give it a whirl while cranking out job apps, etc. The hard work is appreciated.

Duckman

MFX116 – We Brought Back Abrigo.

Greetings and salutations MFX Galaxy – we're back!!  That's right folks, MFX is back to take another NSFW look at this weird and wonderful world we live in.  On the show this week...

Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps are joined by their cheap Asian labour worker Marc Abrigo, who brings his usual brand of metrosexual hilarity and loud family members to the show!  Duckman reports back on his trip to England for a family wedding and the horror of British trains and stupid people.  Sir Ian goes clubbing again and dispenses advice about selling cigarettes and the correct way to talk to women.

Marc is going to WrestleMania 31 this weekend, so the lads preview and predict the show as only MFX can.  This is without a doubt, the greatest and most bizarre preview of WrestleMania 31 you'll hear on any podcast this week!  Plus Sir Ian and Duckman duke it out to try and get Marc to take their sign to WrestleMania.  It gets intense.

Also your emails answered, weird news stories are discussed and another Try Hard Ruler of the Week Award is nominated by the MFX Galaxy.

We laughed so much during this show we all had to take a trip to the Emergency Room.  This podcast is so God damn funny it should come with a major health warning.

As always, thanks for listening.  Be sure to check out the new blogs on the MFX site, get in touch with the show through all the usual channels and enjoy WrestleMania!

GET THE SHOW HERE: http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=937 – DOWNLOAD OR STREAM. OR SUBSCRIBE VIA ITUNES OR STITCHER, SEARCH: MARKS FOR XCELLENCE.

BamBamBunglow

(I'm just going to update this post with the lines that have made me burst out laughing in the office. What do you mean I should do work?)

Chocaholic zooaphiles! CRYING! xD

SNARF HAD A HUGE COCK! He was like a little furry tripod.

(I'm just going to update this post with the lines that have made me burst out laughing in the office. What do you mean I should do work?)

Also - Snarf sounds like Ian's Jerry Lawler impression.

After Adam Wrong's question and the ensuing religious talk - Noahs Ark has just taken a dark, dark turn for me. Jonah and the whale makes a damned sight more sense though.

Sir Ian Trumps - Vigilant Of The Airwaves. Seeking out insjustice and poor people wherever they hide.

NeeNor Special! MAKE IT HAPPEN! #SayYesToNeeNor

Duckman

Cheers for the feedback buddy.  This was a really fun show to do.  Abrigo always brings the best/worst out in us!!