News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

MFX Podcast Show/Feedback Thread.

Started by Duckman, December 22, 2011, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

Sorry about that, can't always get every single piece of every email read out.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Duckman

MFX119 – The Attack of The Killer Koalas.

MFX is back for another week and we are bringing the funny like never before.  That doesn't mean we weren't funny before - because we were.  It just means this show is even funnier than usual!  Join your heroes Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps as they traverse the week in this weird world we live in!  On the show this week...

Sir Ian plays Football Manager during the show, and proves that he's probably a better podcaster than a football manager!  The lads talk politics and the UK general election and put forward their pitches of how they would run the NHS.  Duckman marks out over Daredevil on Netflix and rallies against people who download Netflix shows for free.

An email from a listener poses the lads tough question, which ends with an elaborate murder scenario involving Koala bears and a hippy.  There's a good chance Duckman injured a lung laughing so much here!

They also talk all the recent bad ass movie trailers, pro wrestling and the dark web!  It's a real mixed bag of topics and tangents this week.

Plus there's a highly competitive and very funny edition of The Try Hard Ruler of the Week!  It's a hard fought battle of terrible names and stupid people!

As always, thanks for listening and be sure to get involved with the show through all the usual channels.
PLAYLIST: Primal Scream – Kill All Hippies

GET THE SHOW HERE: http://www.marksforxcellence.com/mfx119-the-attack-of-the-killer-koalas/ - download or stream. Or subscribe via Stitcher, IOS Podcast App or ITunes, search Marks for Xcellence

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

BamBamBunglow

For the first time in... actually, forever, I'll admit I skipped some of MFX :( Sorry lads but working in a government office, I get ALOT of political talk... and I'm a bit sick of it :) Not saying it was bad, I just don't wanna hear anymore. Maybe I'll go back and listen after the Election is over ;)

I almost fell off my chair laughing at the Koalas though.

Duckman

No worries man, it's only 20 minutes, so there's well over 2 hours of other subjects to enjoy!

I'm still laughing about the Koalas and Godzilla auditioning for Jurrasic World!

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Duckman on April 22, 2015, 06:03:17 PM
MFX119 – The Attack of The Killer Koalas.

MFX is back for another week and we are bringing the funny like never before.  That doesn't mean we weren't funny before - because we were.  It just means this show is even funnier than usual!  Join your heroes Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps as they traverse the week in this weird world we live in!  On the show this week...

Sir Ian plays Football Manager during the show, and proves that he's probably a better podcaster than a football manager!  The lads talk politics and the UK general election and put forward their pitches of how they would run the NHS.  Duckman marks out over Daredevil on Netflix and rallies against people who download Netflix shows for free.

An email from a listener poses the lads tough question, which ends with an elaborate murder scenario involving Koala bears and a hippy.  There's a good chance Duckman injured a lung laughing so much here!

They also talk all the recent bad ass movie trailers, pro wrestling and the dark web!  It's a real mixed bag of topics and tangents this week.

Plus there's a highly competitive and very funny edition of The Try Hard Ruler of the Week!  It's a hard fought battle of terrible names and stupid people!

As always, thanks for listening and be sure to get involved with the show through all the usual channels.
PLAYLIST: Primal Scream – Kill All Hippies

GET THE SHOW HERE: http://www.marksforxcellence.com/mfx119-the-attack-of-the-killer-koalas/ - download or stream. Or subscribe via Stitcher, IOS Podcast App or ITunes, search Marks for Xcellence

as the resident Aussie, this title offends me.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Duckman

Don't worry, there's plenty more in there that will offend you more than the title.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

LMAO, speaking of offending JDM...there was the debate over the name Jordan. Though we used you as a prime example of someone called Jordan with some wits about them...

NO MORE SPOILERS!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Drama Queen

Since I didn't get around to commenting on #118 I want to say it is probably my favorite show so far. I LOVED the discussion on losing ones identity in a relationship and fear of giving up certain things in the name of compromise, and the whole putting on a show thing. To be honest I think it's a lot of why I can't be arsed dating.

I disagreed with Ian on a few points in the political discussions, but I can hardly see that being the most shocking news to hit the mfx galaxy.... Namaste Syrian  ;D I do find it educational though, being as I'm not exposed to British politics anymore.

As for show#119 that was the best try hard I've heard. Way to go jag, he could surpass the streak next show.... Who going to allow that to happen bam bam?

My favorite line though was ian... "wait, was this another Adam wrong one?" referring to the entry about bleaching the tattoo off. The tone of voice really conveyed the "what the fuck is this mans obsession with mothers bleaching their kids? " and just generally made me almost piss myself.

Very interesting about the dark web. Didn't even know it was a big thing. One of the many reasons I don't do social media is because I tend to want to express my opinions about things that... Well perhaps with cite ship application coming soon, I shouldn't. Yes, there is a genuine fear things you left behind in cyberspace being used against you.

The problem is that now it is considered hiding if you DON'T have a Facebook account. For example if I ever have to look for a new job I could be fucked, as it's one of the first things employers ask about now, even practically insisting you "friend" the hr person in some cases.

On the lighter side of things, I do enjoy when you guys rag on Facebook. It makes me feel quite smug 8)

BamBamBunglow

Quote from: Drama Queen on April 23, 2015, 07:29:23 PMAs for show#119 that was the best try hard I've heard. Way to go jag, he could surpass the streak next show.... Who going to allow that to happen bam bam?

He'll rival me if he gets to 4. The one I threw on this show was a rushed find... That ruler's coming home to BamBam in 120 :)

Goldferg

Quote from: Drama Queen on April 23, 2015, 07:29:23 PMMy favorite line though was ian... "wait, was this another Adam wrong one?" referring to the entry about bleaching the tattoo off.

That's like the second week in a row Syrian has asked if the Ruler nomination I submitted has been Adam's. I think I should be worried.

Also loling at the Skidiband murder, Koala deathtrap and the Jurassic World casting. Did you guys suggest that the new mutant T-Rex was a T-Rex with Scott Steiner's arms grafted on or did I just infer that from your dialogue?
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Got hold of Badly Drawn going to watch this weekend

BamBamBunglow

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: BamBamBunglow on April 24, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Drawn Together?

Yeah lol. Even the wife is enjoying it. Not impressed with her nickname toot however...

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on April 23, 2015, 12:35:04 PM
LMAO, speaking of offending JDM...there was the debate over the name Jordan. Though we used you as a prime example of someone called Jordan with some wits about them...

NO MORE SPOILERS!

I remember in the first ever podcast I was mentioned on, you called me John Merrick you prick. You and Sam!

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: ! JDM The Professional ! on April 30, 2015, 07:16:32 AM
I remember in the first ever podcast I was mentioned on, you called me John Merrick you prick. You and Sam!

A head hunter called Jordan tried to head hunt me on the phone...suffice to say...it was a Jordan not of the highest calibre.