News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Masahiro Tanaka

Started by Mike Powers, February 07, 2014, 02:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

I am currently watching SVP & Russillo on ESPNews.  On the crawl, there was a blurb from GM of the Yankees, Brian Cashman.  He says of Tanaka "...with some work he can, one day, be a #3 Starter...". 

#3 starter!?!?  Didn't they invest something like $200 million on this guy?!?  Holy fuck balls....

Hondo

Yes, but this is the Yankees we're talking about. They pay that much to rent boys to massage Alex Rodriguez's balls.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Justin

He had to say that because Sabathia is their default number 1 pitcher. Ive watched him pitch before and he's good but I prefer Darvish.

Gravedigger

Quote from: JustinP on February 15, 2014, 11:33:51 PM
He had to say that because Sabathia is their default number 1 pitcher. Ive watched him pitch before and he's good but I prefer Darvish.

That's because Darvish is one of the best pitchers in the game.

As for Tanaka, I thought he was being looked at as the #2 with a chance of being a #1 in a few years, but I guess Cashman has a different opinion, or he's sandbagging Tanaka's place in the rotation for some reason.

Justin

Quote from: Gravedigger on February 15, 2014, 11:50:46 PM
That's because Darvish is one of the best pitchers in the game.

As for Tanaka, I thought he was being looked at as the #2 with a chance of being a #1 in a few years, but I guess Cashman has a different opinion, or he's sandbagging Tanaka's place in the rotation for some reason.

Hes being compared to Darvish for obvious reasons.  There is big hype cause he went 24-0 last season. I think he will be a #2 at best. I stopped trying to understand the Yankees a long time ago.

Gates

I think he's looking at it more as Sabathia and Kuroda being 1/2 for their tenure in the league with the "rookie" being 3. Give it a few months, Tanaka will be the ace.

Pre-post edit: the worry will be how much Tanaka has thrown in Japan. He's young but I believe he's logged a ton of innings already.