News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The Premiere Fight Club (Denver)

Started by Mike Powers, January 07, 2015, 01:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strike

I've been a patient there before quite a few years ago and my stay was a rather pleasant one. You've got a lot of experience, which I do like and the interest in neurology is an added bonus when given the sport we're in here. Although if you'd allow me some follow-up questions. I'm not particularly familiar with the medical school process, but during it, did you have to write a dissertation and if so what did you research about? Also, throughout your time as a doctor, how would your employers describe you? How would your patients describe you?

Mike Powers

Believe me Mr. Strike, I've written enough papers to fill a library!  Most of them were in the field of neurology, as the brain is my greatest interest.  If I were to be so bold as to speak for my employers and patients, I would say that they would describe me as reliable and thorough, respectively. 

Strike

I appreciate you entertaining these questions, Doctor Chandler. We'd like to bring you into the PFC...my initial offer is one of 3 years at 3 million.

Mike Powers

We're close, I was hoping for $4 million.  Let's say we meet in the middle at $3.5? 

Strike

I can do just that, doctor. Welcome aboard.

------------------

Alright, Mrs. Johnson, we've got our trainers and doctor. At this point, are we just waiting on word in regards of interested sponsorships and the upcoming draft or is there any other particular business to handle at the moment?

Mike Powers

Sometime over the next few days, we expect the draft order, and list of prospective draftees to be released.  Once that happens, the Commissioner will announce how many scouting reports each club will be able to have free of charge.  Beyond that, we'd foot the bill for any further scouting.  Once the league has completed it's scouting, the draft will begin.

Strike

I appreciate your hard work so far, ma'am. It's been very helpful. I'll keep my eyes open for whenever the info on scouting comes along. But if any calls come through, be it from Mr. Johnson or anyone else, let me know. I'll be around the office. Should probably order dinner at this point, too...

GM STRIKE GLANCES DOWN AT HIS STOMACH, HEARING IT GROWL.

Strike

Mrs. Johnson, please get me XJ Hawkins' agent on the line. We need to get him signed...

Mike Powers

Jerry Hunt here.  I represent XJ.  Let's hear the offer. 

Strike

Pleasure to meet you. As to initiate the conversation, I'd like to offer Mr. Hawkins a 3 year deal. 7.5 million in salary and 1.5 million PR.

Mike Powers

Throw in a signing bonus, and I think we'll have a deal.   

Strike

Would 500k suffice as one, Mr. Hunt?

Mike Powers

Make it $750K. XJ has always enjoyed beating Percy James, and that'll give him the better bonus.   

Strike

I don't see why we should stop that tradition, then. Agreed and the paperwork will be sent accordingly. Good to do business with you, Mr. Hunt.

Strike

Come to think of it...Mrs. Johnson, please see if XJ Hawkins is available to stop by. I'd like to meet the man in the flesh and welcome him to the PFC personally.