News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Premiere Fight Club (Denver)

Started by Mike Powers, January 07, 2015, 01:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

Strike

Good doing business with you.

--------------------

Mrs. Johnson, Benjamin Lancaster, please.

--------------------

Mr. Lancaster, a pleasure to finally meet you. We've drafted your client, Sarah Divine and we'd like to talk terms to sign her. My initial offer would be one of 3 years at 3 million.

Mike Powers

Before we talk terms of the deal, Sarah wants to make sure you have plans on drafting her boyfriend as well.  The two do not wish to be separated by this draft process. 

Strike

I wasn't aware that she had a boyfriend. But if it is what it takes to bring her in, I'm not opposed to doing it. Who is the gentleman in question, if I may ask?

Mike Powers

Wait, wait, wait.....you mean to tell me that you DIDN'T scout her?  And you didn't scout him either?  Because, both of them let anyone that scouted them know about their wishes.  You're just gonna sign anyone off the street, sight unseen?  Who's running this place, John DeLorean?  How about me, you wanna sign me?  I'll take some of that cash out of your hot little hands! 

Strike

...Are you quite done yet, sir?

Because you can sit there and go on a tangent all you want, but I've clearly shown the interest in signing both your client and your client's special someone, even without putting out any sort of scouting report. So with that said, if you're not willing to show me and this club a level of courtesy and just want to run off your mouth like you run the place, I can put an end to this call right here and now.

Mike Powers

Courtesy?  Like the courtesy that you are showing my client, selecting her as if you were pulling a name out of a hat, or throwing a dart at a list of names?  Let me tell you something, you can end this call any time you like, but unlike some of the other agents in this business, I care about there being a sense of decorum, or respect being shown to my clients.  My clients, for whom I will advocate for until my dying breath.  And playing "pin the draft pick on the donkey", doesn't show any respect whatsoever.

So, here is what we're gonna do.  We're gonna give you a one time only, take it or leave it offer.  2 years.  $4 million dollars.  $500K signing bonus.  And a guarantee that by the time the season starts, Sarah's boyfriend Delbert Larson will be a member of this roster. 

Strike

See, you don't know me all that well to begin with and I normally would be more than happy to show you the door...but I know this is a new league and there's a lot of waters being tested, so I'm going to let the "pin the draft pick on the donkey" part go. Water under the bridge from here on out and a lesson learned going forward as to the type of man that you are.

So, as a show of good faith from myself and the PFC, allow me to do you one better if you may. We'll add in 500k of PR to promote Sarah along with the signing bonus and the terms plus the guarantee that Ms. Divine and Mr. Larson will be a part of the same team. Can we shake on that, Mr. Lancaster?

Mike Powers

Strike

Yup.

------------------------

...What a pain in the ass, that guy. And of course, Chicago just takes the guy too. Anyways, Mrs. Johnson, please get me Emilio Ruiz on the line in regards to Theo Bullitt.

------------------------

Hello again Mr. Ruiz, nice to be talking business. We've drafted Theo Bullitt and we have intentions of partnering him up with Demarcus McNabb as our tag team attraction here. How would 3 years at 3 million sound?

Mike Powers

EMILIO IS BACK BABAY!!  Theo needs a little more.  3 years, $3.75 million.  OH YEAH!!!!!

Strike

Dare I say better than ever, at that. I can agree to those terms, absolutely. We're a really good team here, Emilio. Happy to do business with ya.

Mike Powers

Not as happy......AS EMILIO IS BABAY!!!  WOOOO!!

Strike

Take care, Emilio. We'll speak soon, I'm certain.

----------------------

Mrs. Johnson, could you send word to Theo Bullitt to come see me now that we've drafted him? Thank you.

----------------------

Theo, good to meet you. Just figured I'd introduce myself and let you know that my plans are to pair you with Demarcus McNabb to be our tag team here in the PFC. Thanks to a certain exchange of information, I know you've got a heck of a sharp mind for this business and am looking forward to seeing you two work together as a tandem.

Mike Powers

Thanks for the compliment.  I just wish that this league had formed a few years ago, before my knee injuries.  But, what can you do, you know?