News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The Awesome List

Started by Gary, September 13, 2011, 09:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

15 hour day in Exeter but I got my foot in the door in the company and made some people a lot higher up than me take notice. Knackered but so proud!
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

More knackered and achey today but if you're around Exeter in the UK then come down to see how great the new Clintons store looks.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Stoner

So since having two children, my girlfriend has become less than happy with her figure.  Which, unfortunately, has caused her to go in to a bit of a depression.  Nothing serious or anything, but her self esteem has dropped dramatically in the last couple of years and nothing I've been able to say or do has managed to help.  Despite her not being happy about her appearance(which, honestly, isn't that bad. She's being overly critical which happens sometimes I suppose)she hasn't had the motivation to do anything about it because she's never seen anything that actually ever worked for anyone else we know.

Earlier today I was screwing around on Reddit and there was a thread about Scott Hall getting healthier again.  She's not exactly a wrestling fan, but she knew that Hall was in less than stellar condition, and that nothing seemed to help him.  She asked what he was doing differently and I told her about the whole thing with DDP and Jake the Snake, and the subject of DDP Yoga came up.  We went to the site, watched a couple of videos, and for the first time in a couple months I saw her look excited.  We don't have the money now, but Wednesday we plan on ordering the basic package and are going to try it out.

TL;DR - DDP Yoga has inspired my baby mama to try and get her self esteem back.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Dorling

Quote from: Stonerman on June 01, 2013, 10:53:22 PM
So since having two children, my girlfriend has become less than happy with her figure.  Which, unfortunately, has caused her to go in to a bit of a depression.  Nothing serious or anything, but her self esteem has dropped dramatically in the last couple of years and nothing I've been able to say or do has managed to help.  Despite her not being happy about her appearance(which, honestly, isn't that bad. She's being overly critical which happens sometimes I suppose)she hasn't had the motivation to do anything about it because she's never seen anything that actually ever worked for anyone else we know.

Earlier today I was screwing around on Reddit and there was a thread about Scott Hall getting healthier again.  She's not exactly a wrestling fan, but she knew that Hall was in less than stellar condition, and that nothing seemed to help him.  She asked what he was doing differently and I told her about the whole thing with DDP and Jake the Snake, and the subject of DDP Yoga came up.  We went to the site, watched a couple of videos, and for the first time in a couple months I saw her look excited.  We don't have the money now, but Wednesday we plan on ordering the basic package and are going to try it out.

TL;DR - DDP Yoga has inspired my baby mama to try and get her self esteem back.

I try to do my DDP yoga 2-3 times per week, alternating with going running. I tried the 70 min 'Double Black Diamond' workout the other day and it ruined me. It's surprising how tiring and rewarding it can be when you're essentially standing in different poses for 30 mins or more.

J-Reb

Quote from: Dorling on June 02, 2013, 07:59:32 AM
I try to do my DDP yoga 2-3 times per week, alternating with going running. I tried the 70 min 'Double Black Diamond' workout the other day and it ruined me. It's surprising how tiring and rewarding it can be when you're essentially standing in different poses for 30 mins or more.

Agreed.  I'm in fairly decent shape and I'm hardly able to move today.  It really works.

Ty

Just had a bit of a week from hell. The organization I work for runs a youth centre and the person who is in charge of it got sick this week (something about ovaries, she explained to me but yeah, nothing major just unconfortable) and so, in a pickle, my organization asked me if I could run the youth centre this week. Where I work is a little ways from where I live, not too far go drive but a bit too expensive to drive everyday, I stay up in this community for 5 on 5 off. Because I was the only person able to run the centre other than the lady in charge of it (background checks done with the partner agencies, the youth centre is hosted in our partner agency's building and last year, I did some volunteer work with them), it was either I did it or it was closed down for the week. I thought it'd be fun so I said yes.

Thing is though, I forgot, Im super shy around new people. Its not usually bad at all because Im usually surrounded in places I know 'the scripts' (ie what to say and how to act) or the places are places Im quite familiar (usually my field doesnt wield too many new surprises) but this week, I was running a youth centre Id only volunteered at once, overseeing staff of 5 that Id never met (complicated bureaucracy, my organization runs the centre and is in charge of everything, the other workers work for our partner agency and are focused on the youth who come, relations with them, and just with them, they leave the running of the centre to us), and generally overseeing youth Ive never met before. It was terrifying.

So, on top of my usual 12 hour shifts, meetings, case meetings, follow-up meetings (with police and social workers for events that happened while I was on shift, usually minor and take 5 minutes but still) and all that, I probably put in 55-58 hours of work in 3 days (with two 4 hour sleeps and a 5 hour sleep). Granted, my work isn't that labour intensive (I played games for most of my shifts when there was no youth at the house) but still, it was a rough week.

Yet somehow, it was awesome. I dont know why, I dont know how but somehow, I saw more growth in my organization than Ive ever seen. Things just clicked and came together and, despite the fact I felt I could have done better in every aspect, the reports all stated I did a tremendous job running the centre. Looking back, despite feeling that I was dropping the ball in everything, other than running a bit behind on a couple things (I guess opening the centre doors five minutes late wasn't the tragedy I thought it was lol), I can't really think of anything I did wrong or messed up on.

At the time, everything sucked. Because of it, lots of awesomeness 

Marq

Hey, guys -- had a really fun set during my latest gig at the Punchline SF for this show:

Here's the set!

! Private video
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Black Death

very funny man

also yes you as iron man ... that pic alone had me laughing
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Triple B

That's the last time I invite my mom to a show...

I spit my drink on the monitor on that one.  Thanks.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Dorling

Great show Marq!

Just to update on my progress, I spent 10 hours in my car going to the Naval Base in Portsmouth today for an interview at the RFA Recruitment office - I am through to the next stage and will be facing the Admiralty Interview Board at HMS Sultan at the beginning of August.

Triple B

Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

GM Franchise

That's great, Dorling.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Excellent set Marq and great news Mr. Dorling.

I am going to share some now as well. Palace weren't the only thing to be promoted in June!

BOOYAH!

Got the news today, thats me running the country folks.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Justin

Congrats Ian!  Definitely a big accomplishment!

Marq

Quote from: Dorling on June 06, 2013, 04:20:55 PM
Great show Marq!

Just to update on my progress, I spent 10 hours in my car going to the Naval Base in Portsmouth today for an interview at the RFA Recruitment office - I am through to the next stage and will be facing the Admiralty Interview Board at HMS Sultan at the beginning of August.

Excellent!

Chris, you're still meeting up with us in September, yeah?

Quote from: Trumpers on June 07, 2013, 07:13:12 AM
Excellent set Marq and great news Mr. Dorling.

I am going to share some now as well. Palace weren't the only thing to be promoted in June!

BOOYAH!

Got the news today, thats me running the country folks.

Amazing, Ian -- the long con continues! :)
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"