News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The Awesome List

Started by Gary, September 13, 2011, 09:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

Duckman

I love this thread.  So good to see so much positivity.  It's amazing some uninformed people still believe EFK is unfriendly and elitist...poor misguided saps.

This is a general, well done to everyone making strides in work, life, anything really.

My addition to the list is Good Old JR, Jim Ross.  Went to see him in Glasgow where he spoke for 90 mins on his career, then did a two hour Q and A.  Place was sold out, around 300 people there.  It was one of the most interesting, funny, informative and inspiring few hours of my life.

Obviously I'm a full on wrestling nerd and was marking out just to be in the same room as JR but above that I just found him to be an incredibly humble, smart and honest guy.

The only word to sum up the night is awesome, so that's why I'm posting here!  I've got a full review of the night on MFX this week too!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Rob

That's amazing! I'm really looking forward to hearing your review. I watched a few full length interviews with JR, not slanderous shoot's, just stories on his life, listened to the Steve Austin podcast with him, watched the Bill Watts shoot and he speaks a lot about JR, as does Cornette who didn't have a bad word to say about JR when he was head of talent relations, which is rare because Cornette hates everybody. He is an utterly fascinating bloke, what a history and life he has had. So I'm a little bit jealous of you.

Just an update, I went to Dorchester today. I had officially one days notice to get m butt down there and it was totally awesome, I found that I was nominated as being the top talent in my store and one of the top in the district which is humbling. The fortunate thing is this training is a ticket into a promotion... and with possibilities opening up in my store once I've finished the training, it's basically a route into management. Which is what I've been aiming for, for about a year now. It's great to finally get into this position. Fingers crossed the good luck continues.

The non-awesome news however is I'm less thna a week away from Bestival and my ticket still hasn't arrived, and the fucks at Ticketline are useless!
SixersEagles

[/center]

Triple B

I had to wait for a higher background check to finish this week, but I just found out last night it's official.  I got promoted at work.

It's alot more money, a retirement plan, and while it's more responsibility it's less work because I get a bunch  more minions.

MWA HA HA!  MINIONS!

Now, going out of town to celebrate the Holiday Weekend with the family.  Watch Facebook for pictures of me making stupid faces or searching for Chinese Buffet.

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Duckman

That's great news Rob and B!  So much work related success going around EFK at the moment. 

Hope you enjoyed the review of JR's show Rob.  I've got a written one for Wrestling Rambles going up tomorrow.

And there ends the shameless plugs.

Peace

Duckman

Stoner

Everyone should give B a broccoli right now.  Seriously.  He knows why.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Triple B on August 31, 2013, 10:09:52 AM
I had to wait for a higher background check to finish this week, but I just found out last night it's official.  I got promoted at work.

It's alot more money, a retirement plan, and while it's more responsibility it's less work because I get a bunch  more minions.

MWA HA HA!  MINIONS!

Now, going out of town to celebrate the Holiday Weekend with the family.  Watch Facebook for pictures of me making stupid faces or searching for Chinese Buffet.

Are you district/regional manager now? Lot easier when you are in retail mate
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Rebel Child

I don't want to jinx myself.

However, I've been hired on full time for a company that usually only hires temporary/sesonal work.

I go in for orientation tomorrow, start training next week.

I'll be taking orders for companies and for customers, over the phone (no cold calls) as well as possible dispatch/assistance for an On Star like company.

They were impressed with my phone voice and my WPM ability.

I guess all those years of perfecting the golden voice and typing up long ass RP's has paid off!

lol in all seriousness though - I am really stoked about this. 

Justin

Marq

Quote from: Rebel Child on September 04, 2013, 05:21:02 PM
I don't want to jinx myself.

However, I've been hired on full time for a company that usually only hires temporary/sesonal work.

I go in for orientation tomorrow, start training next week.

I'll be taking orders for companies and for customers, over the phone (no cold calls) as well as possible dispatch/assistance for an On Star like company.

They were impressed with my phone voice and my WPM ability.

I guess all those years of perfecting the golden voice and typing up long ass RP's has paid off!

lol in all seriousness though - I am really stoked about this.

Something tells me the boner quotient of your company's customers is going to spike considerably whenever you're on shift.

But seriously, that's great, Cindy! WERK! :)
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Triple B

Quote from: Trumpers on September 03, 2013, 12:37:13 PM
Are you district/regional manager now? Lot easier when you are in retail mate

DMIT.  I go from running my own store to running a half dozen until a full fledged district opens up and/or we expand and they create one.  It's a waiting tier between Store Manager and District Director.

Duckman

Well done Cindy!  Great news.

Russ

Well done to all the EFK career ladder climbers!
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Dorling

Quote from: Russ on September 05, 2013, 05:39:05 AM
Well done to all the EFK career ladder climbers!

I hope to add myself to this list at the weekend as I have a 3 day assessment from Sun-Tues, the final stage in my application to join the Royal Fleet Auxiliary. Should I be successful, from May next year my life will change beyond recognition. I'm confident, excited, nervous, relaxed and terrified all at the same time.

Tezmission Black

Gatta start this off with some sucky news, but I promise the awesome stuff comes after.

My step dad was on the way home from work last week and someone failed to stop at a yield sign and he had to lay the bike down to prevent from running into the car. So he laid it down and ended up breaking his ankle, and there is a few other minor things, they say if he was not wearing his helmet he would not be alive.

The bike itself actually only has a couple minor things wrong with it, but I doubt he'll ever ride it again after what happened, but unto the awesome part.

Well they got news today that the women insurance has declared the accident 100 percent their fault and they will be paying for everything, so the 10,000 dollar surgery the hospital wanted upfront next week will be paid in full by the insurance, and then anything else that he will need because they will are worried about something on his hip that they need to look at again, but they are being very positive about it.