News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The Awesome List

Started by Gary, September 13, 2011, 09:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

So, I've wanted to be a writer since I was about ten. since then a heck of a lot of random projects but nothing that I ever actually concretely finished. This isn't something saying I've finished a novel, but since the new year, I've been showing a kind of discipline that I frankly didn't think I had in me and forcing myself to sit down and write at least 1,000 words every day. I'm currently at 14,000 in the two weeks since the new year (before today's words, as I have been working on an essay -_-), and I just feel great about it - it's an unprecedented amount of productivity apart from nanowrimo, which burned me out. More motivated than I've been in a long time, and starting to get this little bit of belief that this is actually the novel that I'm going to complete.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Dorling

Good stuff Jenn! I have a couple of examples of 40-50k word books that I've never finished somewhere on my hard drive.

I got my first ship appointment today. With effect from the 11th Feb (or thereabouts, these things are subject to change) I'll be gone for 4 months.

I can't tell you where and when I'll be exactly, military secrets and all that, but I will get to take in parts of the Mediterranean and the Arabian Gulf during my time away. Really excited because I know I'm going to be doing some cool shit, like flight training, anti-piracy patrols and diplomatic stuff too.

Fuck working behind a desk!

Rob

Awesome week! Managed to see my beloved CPFC beat Southampton at St Marys on Saturday, passed my theory test today with very little revision and off to see Bournemouth vs Watford tomorrow night! Things be good :D
SixersEagles

[/center]

Sgt. Josh Underpants

After months of hating my job I finally decided today to say fuck it and am turning in my notice. I've saved up enough money for 3 months worth of bills while I look for something better
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Justin

Sitting on the porch smoking a cigar soaked in grand marnier, enjoying near 70 degree weather in February.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

This thread makes me smile...its awesome great news to all around Jen, Dorling, Justin, Josh and Rob just from what I can see on here.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

! JDM The Professional !

Band has its second gig this Thursday, pretty excited! :D

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Justin

I will be walking into the bank today on my lunch break and handing them a check that will pay my car off two years and three months early.

Duckman

That's awesome man! Nothing better than clearing a debt and doing it so far ahead of time! Bet you felt great knowing that's cleared and the car is yours.

Good work to JDM - hope the gig went well buddy.  Nothing better than playing music live with some mates.  I've only done it a couple of times in my life, but I loved it.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Adam Wrong

As she doesn't use this forum and if I don't say something to somebody I will actually fucking burst...

Bought a ring today... One of THOSE rings...

Fnord

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Adam Wrong

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Quote from: Adam Wrong on February 24, 2015, 03:11:10 PM
As she doesn't use this forum and if I don't say something to somebody I will actually fucking burst...

Nice
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Black Death

Quote from: Adam Wrong on February 24, 2015, 03:11:10 PM

are you sure... ;D

wish you the best my man
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Duckman

She tamed Adam Wrong!?!?!  Say it ain't so.

Seriously, congrats mate, awesome news!!
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.