Alistair Overeem: A name you must know

Started by Nick, May 19, 2011, 01:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

THE REEM EPISODE 3: REWIND THE MOMENT from THE REEM on Vimeo.

If you've never heard of Alister Overeem and like MMA, please take the time to check out this video. It's only 11 minutes and one of the best well-crafted documentary series on the internet. This episode captures the emotions of the lead-in and post fight for his first fight with Fabricio Werdum in the Pride 2006 Openweight GP, along with the Reem of today.

Pay attention to this guy. He just won the K1 grand prix, defeating the best kickboxers in the world with fair ease. He's 250 pounds of hulking muscle. He's a muay thai wrecking machine who is also quite good with submissions. Add to that a likeable personality and good english and this guy is made to be a star. Not to mention he's intelligent and is good at marketing himself.

With Brock going out soon, and UFC aquiring Strikeforce, look forward to this guy crushing Cain Velasquez soon.

Cory

Yeah, I think skill wise hes the best HW in the world, except he needs bigger fights/wins to move up in anyones p4p rankings.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Black Death

Quote from: Cory on May 19, 2011, 12:01:12 PM
Yeah, I think skill wise hes the best HW in the world, except he needs bigger fights/wins to move up in anyones p4p rankings.

agree with Cory
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Duckman

ROIDS! ;)  Even HHH would be suspicious of the amount of muscle Overeem put on in such a short period of time.

Aside from that I like Overeem but the dude needs a major step up in recent MMA competition to be classed as high as the top UFC HW fighters.  If he gets past Werdum I'll probably have more time for him.  Right now though I think he's in the Fedor situation of not having fought any top level guys for too long.

I hope that changes though because Overeem vs. Valasquez is a fight I'd love to see and one that'd draw a fuck load of money!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.