News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Ken Shamrock vs James Toney?

Started by Jonny Briggs, June 24, 2011, 01:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny Briggs

QuoteMMA pioneer Ken Shamrock (28-15-2) and current International Boxing Association heavyweight champion James Toney (0-1 MMA, 73-6 Boxing) have reportedly agreed to meet in a mixed martial arts contest this fall.

According to the professional boxer's camp, both the 47-year-old Shamrock and the 42-year-old Toney have both signed on for the contest, though a specific date and location have yet to be announced.

El Paso, Texas, appears to be the leading candidate to host the matchup, which was first reported by BJPenn.com.

Shamrock, who took part in the Ultimate Fighting Championship's debut event in November 1993, has remained active over the years. The PRIDE and Pancrase veteran stumbled through a difficult 1-7 stretch between 2002 and 2008, but Shamrock is now 2-2 in his past four fights after picking up wins over Johnathan Ivey and Ross Clifton.

Meanwhile, Toney made an improbably MMA debut this past August, when he was submitted in the first round by UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture at UFC 118. "Lights Out" went back to his primary focus in February, notching a unanimous-decision win over challenger Damon Reed and defending his IBA heavyweight boxing title.

It's currently unclear what promotion is backing the fight, and broadcast plans have yet to be announced

Am I the only one who's morbidly fascinated by this story? Shamrock is just crazy enough to try & stand with Toney.

Cory

I'd probably watch this, but it isn't anything more than a freak show fight.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Black Death

Honest ... if toney was 15 years younger and trying this I would back him and cheer for him...  but I just don't like  this .  All shamrock has to do is take him down and submit him ... the gameplan is not that hard .

Knowing Ken , you might be dumb enough to try to go toe to toe with him ...
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Duckman

Quote from: Cory on June 24, 2011, 01:46:02 PM
I'd probably watch this, but it isn't anything more than a freak show fight.

QFT.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.