News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2012 Predictions in MMA

Started by Cory, January 03, 2012, 01:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

These could be serious, fun, whatever.

Let's get your top 5 predicitions in MMA for 2011.

Peace

CorMan

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

1. Nick Diaz wins Interim WW Belt, then beats up GSP  in the unification bout
2. Alistair Overeem wins the HW Title
3. Jon Jones goes undefeated all of 2012 and becomes the unanimous p4p fighter in the world
4. Dan Henderson will get a Light Heavyweight Title shot
5. Dominic Cruz loses his belt to ___________ (couldnt defend belt, so count as a correct prediction)

Flins.

1. Dan Henderson knocks out Jon Jones to win the LHW Title.
2. Amir Sadollah & Mac Danzig will join the list of TUF Winners released.
3. Junior Dos Santos will successfully defend his title against Overeem, Frank Mir & a re-match against Velasquez.
4. Chael Sonnen is humbled in his re-match with Silva (after he beats with Munoz).
5. Rampage Jackson will retire.

Ty

1) Dream will be revealed to be the corrupt, fight-fixing scam of a promotion that it is and will cease operations soon after.

2) OneFC in Asia will grow really quick and become the clear #2 promotion on earth (and in 2013, the UFC will begin to raid their groomed talent)

3) The UFC will host a show in New York City while a politician does everything in his power to pain it as violent, citing a recent serious injury to a fighter, making some inexperienced kid the reluctant martyr for the growing political anti-mma movement (that fails to do anything but bring more attention to the sport)

4) Amid massive levels of stress, the UFC will restructure it's management structure a bit after Dana becomes severely ill (albeit non life threatening). Dana will only appear at numbered PPVs and Fox shows while a new figure (perhaps the head of the UFC in each country) will take his figure-head place at each of the other shows. -- Dana was sick and did miss a show for the first time ever.

5) Jon Jones, Silva, and Aldo will defend the year as champions (though Silva will announce his retirement that will happen in 2013) and Overeem and Diaz will each win UFC gold. Edgar will lose his belt as well.

Jon

1. Faber beats Cruz.
2. Jon Jones and Jose Aldo go undefeated all year.
3. Sonnen gets his rematch against Silva and loses again.
4. There will be 2 other HW fighters other then Dos Santos to hold the title in 2012.
5. GSP will never be the same elite fighter again.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Duckman

1.  Jon Jones beats Rashad Evans and Dan Henderson this year to clean out the division.  The hype for Jones to HW gathers pace. - Close enough.

2.  Sonnen vs. Silva 2 breaks 1 million buys.

3.  TUF Brazil is the best season of fights EVER on TUF.
-- Was good, top 3, but not the BEST. Lots of lame fights, a bunch of good ones too.

4.  Frankie Edgar beats Benson Henderson in Japan and we FINALLY get Edgar vs. Gilbert Melendez for the LW Title at the end of the year.

5.  Nate Diaz becomes number one contender to the LW Title.

6.  JDS knocks Overeem out and sets up rematch with Cain Valesquez in 2013.

7.  Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit put on the FOTY.

8.  Dana White upsets someone on Twitter.
9.  Dana White upsets someone in an interview.
10.  Dana White upsets someone on a message board.
-- All gimmies, can't count these lol.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

brkendown

1. Jon Jones loses title to Phil Davis
2. Rampage Jackson wins in Japan, has rematch with Dan Henderson and it's equivalent to the Ken Shamrock/Don Frye fight that put a huge dent into their careers.
3. Diaz and Overeem win UFC gold
4. Rich Franklin retires
5. GSP Vs. Anderson Silva still doesn't happen nor get close to happening.

Nick

1. Jake Ellenberger destroys Condit this time, wins the Welterweight title in the rematch.
2. Dos Santos legitimizes himself as the best heavyweight by TKO or KOing Overeem.
3. Gilbert Melendez gets a shot at the UFC Lightweight Champion, and beats them. -- Wont be in the UFC for 2012
4. Luke Rockhold, Tim Kennedy, and Jacares debut in the UFC. -- See above.
5. New York legalizes MMA.

Quadzilla

Anderson Silva makes up an imaginary injury so he doesn't get obliterated by Sonnen and instead retires vacating the belt.

Jon Jones submits Rashad, then skins him in the middle of the octagon and wears said skin as a trophy as Bruce Buffer announces him the winner.

Ariel Helwani will report that Dana White vs Fedor is a rumoured main event of UFC 150.

Nick Diaz will cry about being made to look very average by Carlos Condit, and will still be a nob.

The UFC will announce the first ever Tag Team match in MMA History.

In order to crown a new Middleweight champ after Anderson runs away, the UFC will have a six man elimination match in a structure that looks very similar to the Elimination Chamber.

Che Mills will beat Rory McDonald and will be the new British golden boy of MMA - He will then call out Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture and the Ultimate Warrior.

Big Dave Batista will make his MMA debut, lose and come back to WWE, trending worldwide will be "Where did Big Dave's steroids go?"

UFC 150 will attract three billion viewers by having Justin Bieber vs Brock Lesnar in a special attraction match.

The UFC will finally have a show in New York, and because someone gets a bruise, the republicans will claim this barbaric disgrace of a "sport" should never be allowed, and will try to introduce a new act to allow them to control MMA all over the world, and by control, they mean shut down.

Ronda Rousey will take her clothes off much to the delight of everyone... During her fight with Miesha Tate. -- ESPN THE BODY

Brittney Palmer will announce to the world that she loves me. -- Never

Dan Hardy will win a fight.

Ken Shamrock will be a coach on TUF, and after snapping in the third episode and putting Dana White in the ankle lock, is locked up and then bailed by Steve Blackman.

Matt Hughes comes out of retirement, loses and goes back into retirement.

Joe Rogan will say "fuck" at some point on UFC TV.

There will be at least four "Best fight ever" matches in 2012.

Roy Nelson gets a six pack... Then drinks it. -- actually has been losing weight

An unknown will come in and make a big impact. - Jimmy Hettes, well count him.

GSP will still be awesome. -- Wont be fighting in 2012, not awesome.

Jose Aldo will beat up everyone, then move to heavyweight, beat everyone there and then decide that he wants to be head of the UFC, the Fertitta's make it happen, and Dana moves to the thin on the ground Flyweight division.

Michael Bisping will wind someone up. -- Had some kind words for Hector Lombard.

Dana White will say "fuck" approximately 4738392 times on one season of TUF. -- Hasnt been too big of a potty mouth this year on TUF....probably because it was live.

Quote from: Russaholic Ewe-ing on February 07, 2012, 03:14:24 PM
By revealing to me that I can play MGS on the Xbox you received the award of BEING THE BEST HUMAN BEING FUCKING EVER.

brkendown

Quote from: CHAEL SONNEN on February 26, 2012, 11:56:16 AM
Dana White will say "fuck" approximately 4738392 times on one season of TUF.

Why such a low #?

Cory

Done the 1/2 year count, so far here are the results!

Quadzilla

I demand a recount, I have a tweet from Brittney Palmer where she does not ruling out marrying me.

I can provide evidence if you don't already follow me (@CM_Roberts).

Brittney Palmer-Roberts <3

Quote from: Russaholic Ewe-ing on February 07, 2012, 03:14:24 PM
By revealing to me that I can play MGS on the Xbox you received the award of BEING THE BEST HUMAN BEING FUCKING EVER.

Flins.

'Nick Diaz will cry about being made to look very average by Carlos Condit, and will still be a nob.'

This one was right...

Ty

lol, Cory, hate to break it to you but Dream shut down due to financial loss. They weren't able to secure significant sponsorships or TV promotion due to 'negative stigma' attached to their product. The death-blow was their inability to get the Saitama Super Arena for next New Years

Cease of business operations
On May 16, 2012, Sadaharu Tanikawa officially declared the bankruptcy of FEG.[8] The promotion began to be managed by its proper parental company Real Entertainment Co. Ltd. and as of June 3, 2012, Dream has effectively gone out of business.[9]
[edit]

Cory

Quote from: Flins. on August 04, 2012, 03:55:50 PM
'Nick Diaz will cry about being made to look very average by Carlos Condit, and will still be a nob.'

This one was right...

Didn't look average, Condit ran in this fight fans opinion. Give you a 1/2 correct.