News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Who will be the 2009 Champs

Started by MitchMMA, November 29, 2008, 11:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MitchMMA

In my opinion  2009-2010 UFC Champs:

UFC Heavyweight champ: Antonio Rodrigo 'Minotauro' Nogueira: He will beat Mir, he will beat Lesnar and he will defend the belt successfully for awhile (unless Fedor comes to the UFC).

UFC Light Heavyweight champ: Lyoto Machida: Sorry Cory but it's gonna happen :P. Machida will defeat Thiago Silva, then eventually get his shot and beat whoever the champ is at the time.

UFC Middleweight champ: Demian Maia: Actually I think Anderson Silva will keep the belt, but if I had to choose anyone to beat him right now it would be Maia.

UFC Welterweight champ: Thiago Alves: Though I personally think Fitch is better than Alves, but Alves has been on a roll and I think he could keep on rolling until he gets the belt.

UFC Lightweight champ: Kenny Florian: I just have a feeling he will get the belt next year.

What do you think?

Big Gay Honker

The Heavyweight branch has been shit for years.  Nog is on top of shit mountain, and will stay up there a long time.  Lesnar CAN beat him, but I see a sneaky Sub in the form of Armar when they fight, third round.

Rashad can beat Lyoto.   I consider Rashad the most Explosive and becoming one of the most well rounded light heavies in the UFC right now.  Rashad's style will give Lyoto trouble.  A fast and explosive wrestler, but is also elusive. 

Maia can't beat Silva.  Maybe straight grappling, not MMA.  It will take a a well rounded fighter who excels in wrestling to beat Silva.  Not Henderson, his stand up isn't that great.  He's a right handed Leben on stand up.  If GSP moved up a class, MAYBE.  Bisping can't beat Silva.  Maybe if it goes to the ground.  The middleweights are great, but Silva is pretty much a light heavy in the middle weights.

I don't think Alves can beat GSP either.  I think GSP can wrestle him down and win via ground and pound.  GSP is dangerous in that people know he'll stand with you.  But he has an excellent shoot.  Where as Hughes and Koscheck have shit stand up...  well Kos is decent if he didn't rely on a huge winding overhand.  BJ Penn has a serious chance with GSP assuming he doesn't get injured during the fight.  Penn has shitty luck with injuries.

I like Kenny's chances of getting the belt due to him having some sexy stand up.  Kenny and Penn would be an awesome fight.  Penn has a chin, takedown d, and a sweet ground game.  Kenny has a chin, excellent stand up, and excellent Jits.  This in a 5 rounder, BJ has less gas, but Kenny isn't a fighter with a lot of strength.  I think Kenny would be a better 145er. 

Cory

UFC Heavyweight champ: Frank Mir. I really put my money on Mir over Nog, as I think Mir is back into form, like he was a few years ago. Then, I dont see him having any troubles against Lesnar again, having a similar result as the first fight.

UFC Light Heavyweight champ: Thiago Silva. Fuck you all, Silva will knock that bullshit fighter on his ass, and take the belt in his next fight, whoever the champion is.

UFC Middleweight champ: Anderson Silva. The only person I could see beating Silva is Michael Bisping, but Silva should be champion in 09.

UFC Welterweight champ: Thiago Alves, dudes a beast, and if anyone can catch GSP, It'll be him.

UFC Lightweight champ: BJ Penn. I think Florian and him will have a war, but I see BJ retaining.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jason

Heavyweight: Nog, Big guy, good fighter
Light Heavyweight: Forest Griffin He's a great fighter with a great chin
MiddleWeight: Anderson Silva He's not going anywhere
Welterweight: BJ Penn. He will beat 'Rush'
Lightweight: Ken Flo

MitchMMA

I agree, I do think BJ will beat GSP. GSP has the edge in cardio and wrestling... but BJ is better at everything else, especially with his boxing and BJJ.

However I think Thiago Alves will beat BJ Penn... I say this because Alves is a huge 170 with excellent takedown defense and dangerous muay thai.

Jason

Thiago is a beast, I can't take that away from him, but I think even though BJ is smaller he's a better all around fighter

Cory

BJ should be Alves, but Alves will win. Why? He's a freak. He comes into fights around 185, and aside from the huge strenght advantage he holds over opponents, he always has amazing Muay Thai. I think he'll even push around GSP.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

MitchMMA

Yeah Cory basically just said the same thing I was gonna say lol.

BJ is a better all around fighter though, but Alves has some crisp Muay Thai, amazing takedown defense, decent enough ground game, extremelly powerful leg kicks and punching power... and he's freaking huge for 170! lol

While BJ on paper is the much better fighter, Alves poses some dangerous threats and I think he could definitely knock Penn out... it won't be easy though as Penn has really good boxing, he's very good on his feet and on the ground he is amazing. Though I don't see him being able to get Alves down, Koscheck couldn't do it... GSP will probably be the one to get Alves down but not BJ. It will be a stand up fight most likely, Penn will outbox Thiago but Thiago will hurt him with thunderous leg kicks and pick him apart with his muay thai to eventually get the KO.

And I'm a huge B.J Penn fan and I'm saying this lol.

Jason

MitchMMA

I'd love to see BJ win though, he's one of my favorite fighters of all time.

B.J Penn vs. GSP should be a great fight and BJ vs Thiago should be a war as well.

Even if GSP retains, GSP vs Thiago would be a great fight too.

But if BJ wins, who get's first shot? Florian at LW or Thiago at WW?? That's what i'm wondering lol, I'd say Thiago first, what about you guys?

Jason

BJ might drop the LW title just to focus on the bigger fighters in the Welterweight Division.

I doubt he will but its a possiblity

Big Gay Honker

You guys forget Alves is Brazilian.  So he's not slouch in BJJ.  Over there, BJJ is like basketball here with no real costs.