News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

2009 Dream Fights

Started by MitchMMA, December 05, 2008, 01:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MitchMMA

Not the Japanese promotion DREAM... but actual dream fights you'd like to see in the new year. Here are some I'd like to see (I'll try not to mention ones that have already been announced lol).

1. Anderson Silva vs. Chuck Liddell: Anderson Silva is an amazing fighter and truly represents the honor of the martial arts and in the cage he's a ruthless animal! Chuck Liddell is one of the greatest LHW fighters of all time and pretty much a guaranteed UFC hall of famer once he retires. This would be a classic fight with Anderson Silva pulling off a spectacular knock out in the second or third round (in my opinion of course).

2. Anderson Silva vs. Wanderlei Silva: Same reason for Chuck vs. Anderson... it would be an instant classic!

3. Anderson Silva vs. GSP: Would love to eventually see GSP move up to Middleweight for this MEGA fight! Anderson Silva does have a weakness... in the wrestling department and we all know how well GSP can wrestle and take guys down, only problem is we have never seen GSP fight someone as big and tall as Anderson Silva before. This makes for an interesting fight, I think Anderson Silva takes it by knock out though.

4. Fedor vs. Josh Barnett: I have been wanting to see this fight for a long time and hopefully I will get to see it in 2009.

5. Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin: Two HUGE Heavyweights with similar fighting styles... would make for an interesting fight. Not sure if you guys know this but Carwin actually has bigger hands than Brock, and we all know Brock has freaking huge ass hands.

6. Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Valasquez: Two freakishly strong wrestlers going at it, could make for a really exciting fight... or a really boring fight, but either way I want to see it happen in 09.

7. Brock Lesnar vs. Gabriel Gonzaga: Another interesting fight for Brock. Gonzaga is dangerous standing and on the ground, would be interesting to see how Brock deals with a guy like that.

8. B.J Penn vs. Thiago Alves: Hopefully this will happen by B.J Penn winning the WW title against GSP and then fighting #1 contender Thiago Alves next. B.J is the better fighter... but Alves is just too big and too dangerous for B.J imo. Thiago isn't just a brute force kinda of guy either, he has some really good technical skills and always seems to work a good game plan and when you factor that in with the size and strength advantage he will have it makes me believe he will win this fight by knock out in the third round.

9. Thiago Alves vs. GSP: I don't think Thiago would win this one... but it would be a good fight. I can see GSP winning by decision, or maybe even by submission (but Thiago has a pretty good ground game and good sub defense so I doubt it).

10. Matt Serra vs. Matt Hughes: Been waiting for this fight for a long ass time, hoping to see Serra knock Hughes's ass out in 09!

11. Diego Sanchez vs. Sean Sherk: When I first heard Diego was planning on dropping down to 155, the first fight that came to mind was to put him against the explosive Sean Sherk. This would be an all out war!

12. Diego Sanchez vs. Clay Guida: Same reason as above.

13. Diego Sanchez vs. Roger Huerta: Same as above.

14. Nate Diaz vs. Tyson Griffin: Nate deserves to fight a guy like Tyson Griffin soon. Nate Diaz could become one of the best lightweights in the world but he needs to start fighting tougher opponents and Tyson is a good test for Nate.

15. Mac Danzig vs. Kurt Pellegrino: Would be a fun fight.

16. Lyoto Machida vs. Forrest Griffin: Good technical fight.

17. Lyoto Machida vs. Rashad Evans: Interesting fight.

18. Thiago Silva vs. Keith Jardine: Fun fight!

19. Kenny Florian vs. Sean Sherk II: Just to see Kenny avenge his previous loss to Sherk... I think Kenny can beat him now.

20. Shogun Rua vs. Lyoto Machida: A technical masterpiece!

21. Thiago Silva vs. Chuck Liddell: A really fun fight!

22. Michael Bisping vs. Patrick Cote: No real reason, just would like to see it.

23. Rich Franklin vs. Keith Jardine: Interestino!

24. Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva: Fun to the extreme!

25. Michael Bisping vs. Nate Marquardt: I want to see Bisping start fighting top 5 middleweights soon.

...fuck I'm gonna stop myself here before I type 100 fucking matchups lol.

Cory

Michael Bisping v/s Anderson Silva (185)
Thiago Alves v/s Georges St. Pierre
Wanderlei Silva v/s Thiago Silva
205 Champion v/s Thiago Silva
Fedor Emelianenko v/s Josh Barnett
Brock Lesnar v/s Gabe Gonzaga (I think Gabe would KO Lesnar)

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE