News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Corgan sues TNA and Management

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, October 13, 2016, 05:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kise

I was thinking something similar. Ty

So it's kinda like when a parent dies and creditors come at the kids to repay those debts. WWE can afford to pay that off im sure but, as a fan, I'm not ready for invasion part 2. It never felt like they were really at war or even neck and neck. At least DX invaded Nitro to make things fun

Gravedigger

Quote from: Kise on October 15, 2016, 02:26:48 PM
Ignoring the behind the scenes mess, if TNA was successfully sold yesterday, wouldn't the new owner have to still pay (or at least deal with) ex-talent suing, claiming unpaid wages?

I watch the NWA:TNA classic years on YouTube. It reminds me of what I miss and most enjoyed about TNA. I'd happily pay $10 every Wednesday if they were still on that level.

The weekly PPVs were great. Impact was until Hogan and Bischoff came in. Now I watch sporadically, and it's hit or miss.

Black Death

There was a time were TNA was a true alt to the WWE... but  starting going down hill when one...Jarrett brought in Russo ( always Russo ) and two.. starting having financial issues which lead to him selling to Panda Energy ( the Carters) which led to Dixie getting control  and  three ... Jeff starting dating Karen Angle and pretty much lose control of the company and thus meaning the guys that were running  the booking was push out after that   Cornette and Dutch mantel. Thus leading us to Hogan and Bischoff and you know the rest after that.

There was a time I really like watching TNA and they had some great stuff going on. 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Black Death

Actually they are  in a better position now to do a invasion angle with the network in place than they were back in 2001. They could being the TNA to the network and run it as it own separate entity , before slowly having it start to creep into the main programming.

Vince original wanted to run WCW as it own company with it own show , but they were damage goods and  he could not get a show for them and USA network did not want him to give them RAW. 

But the tape library is what I want them to have.  TNA had some great matches back in the day and would love to see them again.

! JDM The Professional !

Ignoring the behind the scenes mess, if TNA was successfully sold yesterday, wouldn't the new owner have to still pay (or at least deal with) ex-talent suing, claiming unpaid wages?

I watch the NWA:TNA classic years on YouTube. It reminds me of what I miss and most enjoyed about TNA. I'd happily pay $10 every Wednesday if they were still on that level.

Have you been watching TNA the past year? The best it's been since the good old days hands down.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Captain Metro

It probably files for Chapter 11 before it gets sold to absolve it of any those obligations.

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

Kise

Quote from: ! JDM The Professional ! on October 16, 2016, 12:23:02 AM
Have you been watching TNA the past year? The best it's been since the good old days hands down.
Starting from Final Deletion, I've watched highlights of every show since then. Lashley is a beast, but reviewing the current product, I'd rate this era as 3rd best behind the golden years (1st) and the 2005-2006 era when Christian Cage was there.

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Kise on October 17, 2016, 02:43:34 PM
Starting from Final Deletion, I've watched highlights of every show since then. Lashley is a beast, but reviewing the current product, I'd rate this era as 3rd best behind the golden years (1st) and the 2005-2006 era when Christian Cage was there.

I'd probably agree with that. TNA has a great main event scene but their X Div scene is terrible, Knockouts are 5050 and their tag division has been rocked my injuries bad the last year and a bit and they lack the equity to properly replace injured wrestlers. I think once TNA get red of Dixie and co, Davey Richards returns and they actually build a storyline in the x div their product will get even better.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Chris Stern

Quote from: Black Death on October 15, 2016, 02:30:41 PM
Think the new owner would assume the debt acquired by the past owner , but lawsuits would be still aimed at the past parent company and or who was named in the suit.

even with just the debt that's alot of money TNA owes and the new owner would need to pay off, I believe Meltzer on the LAW this past Sunday mentioned it was around 3.5-4 million dollars. I'm sure it maybe a little less if Corigan takes over as I doubt he would need to pay himself back so that would just leave what is still owed to Aroluxe and the company that bankrolled Bound for Glory and this round of tapings(name eludes me at this time). 

Black Death

Quote from: Jack on October 18, 2016, 02:32:42 PM

Again...not sure why he would buy a company, and deal with debts and lawsuits....when he can basically just start his own, then pick up the same wrestlers once they're free agents. He already has the contacts (for both wrestlers and TV) which is really the only value TNA has, especially if the plan is to dumb the name and history anyways.

that would be the smart move in my opinion , but Corgan does have some baggage where he try to start one than it did not work out .  Think the word is he abandon it or something , not sure. So he may not have the right business sense ( not sure if that the right word )  to start a company , so might be easier for  him to just take one over and  work from there.

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Black Death on October 18, 2016, 03:18:23 PM
that would be the smart move in my opinion , but Corgan does have some baggage where he try to start one than it did not work out .  Think the word is he abandon it or something , not sure. So he may not have the right business sense ( not sure if that the right word )  to start a company , so might be easier for  him to just take one over and  work from there.

Resistance Pro out in Chicago area, I've heard they've been doing even better since Corgan left.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Kise

What kind of owner just ups and leaves? THIS Isnt an efed

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Kise on October 21, 2016, 11:47:19 PM
What kind of owner just ups and leaves? THIS Isnt an efed

I seriously doubt he'd have up and left his own company. He no doubt sold it. Dirt sheet news imo.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Alex Smiley

He wasn't really the owner, though. He was a founder, and the creative director, but not the owner.

http://loudwire.com/billy-corgan-severs-ties-resistance-pro-wrestling-eyes-musical-theater/

http://loudwire.com/billy-corgan-addresses-exit-resistance-pro-wrestling/

QuoteRemember, I was never an owner in any capacity. This was by my suggestion. Even though under various circumstances and guises it was offered. I simply headed up the creative focus in story-lines and in some cases developed characters.

Read More: Billy Corgan Addresses Resistance Pro Wrestling Exit | http://loudwire.com/billy-corgan-addresses-exit-resistance-pro-wrestling/?trackback=tsmclip

This is why I groaned when I first learned of Corgan getting involved with TNA.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Kise

So he created a place but others run the joint....still sounds like an efed :shrug: