Main Menu

Thank You Taker

Started by Cory, April 03, 2017, 12:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Damn man, right in the feels.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Doug E Fresh

Ric and Shawn were competitive in their losses but about halfway through this match it felt like a mercy killing...made my stomach upset. Father time still unbeaten. I already miss Taker.

Cory

I thought the botched tombstone attempt really helped the storytelling of this match as well, it wasn't Roman beating Taker it was time beating Taker and thats really the only way you can look at it without getting mad as even this nuclear heat Roman has/will get STILL wont turn him heel. It's already clear as fucking day they're setting up "face" Roman to overcome the odds against champ Lesnar at either Summerslam/Mania next year, "the 2 in 23-2 or whatever" will be the tagline.

Outside of the no turn/lack of match carrying from Roman and how boring Randy Orton is (and that match was) great Mania. Probably will make most top 10 lists.

T-Bonizzle

Well, I didn't cry for Taker. Mostly because I kept thinking 'well I cried for Flair and HBK, will I cry for this?' But hopefully this is the end.

Great weekend of wrestling I think. The only real disappointments for me were Maryse not getting to wrestle and Bray/Orton having no chemistry. The NXT Tag Title match was easily the best of the weekend, and an early match of the year favorite.

Tezmission Black

So Undertaker headliner of the 2018 HOF right if anyone deserves to be inducted so soon its him I'd wager.

¿PapaPancho?

I'm honestly becoming a Roman Reigns fan now.

Gravedigger

Quote from: ¿PapaPancho? on April 04, 2017, 02:29:58 AM
I'm honestly becoming a Roman Reigns fan now.

The guy should be a star, there's no doubt about it. He's suffering from the Cena/shoved down throats syndrome right now.

If he did a real heel turn like his cousin Dwayne did in '97, he could jump to another level, and when he turns back to face he'd have more support.

Black Death

That were in lies the rub, It not Romans fault, He the victim of management picking him as the guy and fans saying no not yet, management going we know best.    He works hard, He has improved in his ring work and his promo skills has gotten better.  He was the wrong guy to end the Taker's career, it just made people hate him a little bit more. Yeah now would be a great time for him to run as a heel, fans booing him, embrace, work with it. use it and make the fans respect him .

Man, I am going to miss Taker, I been a fan of his for so long, I seen his change and evolve his character over the years, he given some of the best performances and one of the reasons I love wrestling, He will be missed
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Black Death on April 04, 2017, 02:17:57 PM
That were in lies the rub, It not Romans fault, He the victim of management picking him as the guy and fans saying no not yet, management going we know best.    He works hard, He has improved in his ring work and his promo skills has gotten better.  He was the wrong guy to end the Taker's career, it just made people hate him a little bit more. Yeah now would be a great time for him to run as a heel, fans booing him, embrace, work with it. use it and make the fans respect him .

Man, I am going to miss Taker, I been a fan of his for so long, I seen his change and evolve his character over the years, he given some of the best performances and one of the reasons I love wrestling, He will be missed

That's horse shit though because the fans picked Roman Reigns. They picked him out of all three in The Shield. They picked him against Orton at SS. They picked him hard against Batista at the Rumble. Frankly I've never been more convinced at how fickle the crowd is.

Black Death

It's not bullshit, the proof is what I see,  last night was a culmination of fans not happy with WWE chosen hero. He not what they want, They want Finn Balor,   But WWE doesn't give a fuck, he is their guy and he is what the target audience, the kids, and preteens want because of it the kids and preteens that buy his shirts and shit.

The reason, why they pick him against Batista, is because they did not want Big Dave to win because they wanted anyone else but Batista to win that rumble.  He just happens to be guy opposite of Big Dave... Quite frankly they crap on him the next Royal Rumble and cheer for Rusev when they were the last two left.

The fans don't want him to be the guy now,  Majority don't think he earns it, You might see different and that fine,  Hell I don't hate the guy,  But I do think he still needs more seasoning.  his work rate is good, but I don't think it top level yet.

The truth is he still going to be the top guy rather if I like it or not. Best move for WWE would embrace the hate. If there going to boo him, Have him do heel shit and earn those boos. Rock did it and it helps him out. 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Gravedigger

Macho, Undertaker, HBK, Cena, Rock, and Austin were all heels before being the top guy....

Pretty sure Roman could benefit from a full on, evil SOB heel run.

Cory

In my opinion I didn't see the fans picking Roman out of everyone of the Shield at all....the vocal fans always liked Ambrose/Rollins more because they were the indy darlings and could see what Reigns was. As a group of 3, Reigns had his roll and was generally enjoyed in said role. The fans that "picked" Reigns are the same minority that still cheer him today more or less. Ambrose was the hottest of the 3 and had the best promo, Rollins was the best worker and Reigns was the power guy.

WWE/Vince saw The Shield/Reigns as the second coming of when they turned Batista from Evolution and Vince would get his marketable power guy next in line when Cena started to slow down and work less. There's a reason why when CM Punk suggested the build for the Shield it was Ambrose/Rollins/Ohno and then Vince nixed it and tossed his guy Reigns into the mix.

Drama Queen

Quote from: ¿PapaPancho? on April 04, 2017, 02:37:12 PM
That's horse shit though because the fans picked Roman Reigns. They picked him out of all three in The Shield. They picked him against Orton at SS. They picked him hard against Batista at the Rumble. Frankly I've never been more convinced at how fickle the crowd is.

I picked Reigns. But I picked him because he was pounding the shit out of people, punching the ground like an angry deity, nailing them with that beautiful spear and saying very few words. I did not pick him to be a smiling goofy face with childish promos. That's not being fickle. That's rejecting WWE's horrible writing/molding/creativity.

Drama Queen

I finally watched WrestleMania, the Reigns/Taker match was everything it needed to be.

ChrisShields

Quote from: ¿PapaPancho? on April 04, 2017, 02:37:12 PM
They didn't pick him though. They picked the guy that was against Orton. They picked the guy that was against Batista. They didn't choose Roman because they wanted to, they chose him because he was the least objectionable choice.