News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

WWE Superstar Shakeup!

Started by Fnord, April 06, 2017, 02:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

Who do you think should move to which brand? I'll post some rumors and stuff here as well!

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Fnord

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Regarding the "Superstar Shakeup" set for next week's WWE RAW, Dave Meltzer reported in the latest edition of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that the key moves appear to be AJ Styles to RAW and The New Day to SmackDown. There had been talk of moving Roman Reigns to SmackDown but word this week is that Reigns is staying on Monday nights.

The New Day to SmackDown makes sense as the SmackDown tag team division has needed a boost for some time. No word yet on what top RAW Superstar might jump to SmackDown with AJ coming to RAW but SmackDown did get the biggest post-WrestleMania 33 call-up in Shinsuke Nakamura. Meltzer also speculated that Charlotte Flair and Alexa Bliss could switch brands based on recent booking.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Cory

Raw: Kalisto (205 Live), American Alpha, Carmella
Smackdown: Rusev/Lana, Strowman, Sami Zayn, Sasha Banks

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Fnord

You think Listo will be the one to decrown the King of the Cruiserweights Neville? lol

Cory

he'll do plenty of lucha things on 205!

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Drama Queen

Yeah, it's probably time to break up the Charlotte/Sasha/Bayley trio, there's only so many matches with each other they can have despite the top quality of them.

Kieran King

I'm hoping for Cesaro to Smackdown.

ChrisShields

Quote from: Kieran King on April 06, 2017, 05:24:24 PM
I'm hoping for Cesaro to Smackdown.
Dountful with him and Sheamus winning a #1 contenders match I'm gonna call these 5 trades as possible.

Charlotte to Smackdown for Alexa Bliss to RAW (This one feels like a lock)
Enzo & Cass to Smackdown for American Alpha to RAW (This seems likely, although it could be a different team)
Kalisto to RAW for Jinder Mahal to Smackdown (Kalisto going to RAW is almost guaranteed, who he's traded for could change)
Rusev and Lana to Smackdown for Dolph Ziggler to RAW (This is a maybe)
Sami Zayn to Smackdown for AJ Styles to RAW (Lots of reports of Styles going to RAW)

Fnord

- WWE has confirmed that the "Superstar Shakeup" will take place over two nights next week. The "Shakeup" will begin on RAW in Long Island and end on SmackDown in Boston the next night.

Fnord

Source: WrestlingInc.com

Yesterday we asked, what moves you want to see happen in the upcoming WWE Superstar Shakeup. With almost 400 comments, here were some of the trending thoughts:

1) To Raw - Not going to lie, there were a lot of ideas flying in the comments, but here's who I caught going to Raw. Dean Ambrose, might be a good way to freshen up his character, plus a number of people mentioned they wouldn't mind The Shield hovering around each other on the same show. Luke Harper (to get away from the Wyatt Family connection), Alexa Bliss (mainly to counter if Charlotte leaves), American Alpha, and AJ Styles. Not everyone was thrilled with Styles leaving SmackDown though, saw plenty saying they rather him stay. Also, many people against The Club reformation with Styles.

2) To SmackDown - Charlotte was mentioned, numerous new feuds for her over there. Rusev and Lana could be a lot of fun with Daniel Bryan (although leaving Kurt Angle's show isn't so great), possibly more opportunities on the blue brand, which may also benefit Braun Strowman. New Day could use a change, Sami Zayn was mentioned a lot as an obvious choice, it's kind of built into his storyline and Bo Dallas, because why not put him with his brother?

3) Random Thoughts - Not going to get into the details of why these would or wouldn't work, but just some comments I saw included: move Cruiserweights to SmackDown, move Tag Division to Raw and Women's Division to SmackDown, Reigns stays at Raw (although, not unanimous), and shakeup the writers of both shows.

Fnord

Source: F4WOnline

As noted, the "Superstar Shakeup" will be taking place this Monday and Tuesday, with talents from both brands being moved.

Dave Meltzer once again noted on the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio that AJ Styles is likely going to RAW, and said that he has heard mixed responses regarding Roman Reigns moving to SmackDown. Reigns is currently expected to face Braun Strowman at WWE Payback later this month, but it was noted that while the plan to do a shakeup was made months ago, names discussed to be moving have been happening in the past week so there are storylines that may be affected.

The New Day are expected to be moved to SmackDown and be the top tag team there. Meltzer revealed that two top women on each brand will be moved. He said that Charlotte and Alexa Bliss are pretty much confirmed to move, and it was noted that Sasha Banks moving to SmackDown has been "very strongly talked about."

Fnord

! No longer available

In the video above, Mike Rome reveals that Apollo Crews is coming from SmackDown to RAW on tonight's "Superstar Shakeup" two-night event.

Crews says he loved working with Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon on SmackDown but now he's working for WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle on the red side.

Stay tuned for more roster updates as we head into RAW.

Fnord

Below is the updated list of "Superstar Shakeup" roster changes from tonight's RAW:

* Apollo Crews comes to RAW from SmackDown
* The Miz comes to RAW from SmackDown
* Maryse comes to RAW from SmackDown
* WWE Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose comes to RAW from SmackDown
* Curt Hawkins comes to RAW from SmackDown
* Bray Wyatt comes to RAW from SmackDown
* Kalisto comes to RAW from SmackDown
* Heath Slater and Rhyno come to RAW from SmackDown
* Alexa Bliss comes to RAW from SmackDown
* Mickie James comes to RAW from SmackDown

Fnord

Below is what looks to be the final list of "Superstar Shakeup" roster changes:

* Apollo Crews comes to RAW from SmackDown
* The Miz comes to RAW from SmackDown
* Maryse comes to RAW from SmackDown
* WWE Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose comes to RAW from SmackDown
* Curt Hawkins comes to RAW from SmackDown
* Bray Wyatt comes to RAW from SmackDown
* Kalisto comes to RAW from SmackDown
* Heath Slater and Rhyno come to RAW from SmackDown
* Alexa Bliss comes to RAW from SmackDown
* Mickie James comes to RAW from SmackDown
* David Otunga comes to RAW from SmackDown
* Byron Saxton comes to SmackDown from RAW
* WWE United Sates Champion Kevin Owens comes to SmackDown from RAW (winner of Chris Jericho vs. Owens at Payback gets the roster spot)
* Jinder Mahal comes to SmackDown from RAW
* Sami Zayn comes to SmackDown from RAW
* Primo and Epico come to SmackDown from RAW
* Tamina Snuka comes to SmackDown
* Charlotte Flair comes to SmackDown from RAW
* Rusev comes to SmackDown from RAW
* Sin Cara comes to SmackDown from RAW
* Lana comes to SmackDown from RAW
* The New Day comes to SmackDown from RAW

RAW wins

Tezmission Black

I would have to respectfully disagree with you Fnord and here's why.

Byron Saxton for David Otunga - Smackdown won that one

Owens/Jericho for Dean Ambrose – I would say because of the title situation this one is a tie.

The Miz and Maryse for Rusev and Lana – I would say that RAW won this one only because Miz has had the best year of his career this past year and Rusev has just kinda fizzled but hopefully he can do better on Smackdown.

Curt Hawkins for Jinder Mahal – I honestly think this is just a jobber switch so tie on this one.

Kalisto for Sin Cara – RAW did get the better wrestler out of the two.

Heath Slater and Rhyno for Primo and Epico – RAW got the better team but ehh who cares about either team at this point.

Alexa Bliss and Mickie James for Tamina Snuka and Charlotte Flair – I love Bliss but I think that Smackdown got the better deal, Tamina has a huge upside that they can now explore on Smackdown and as much as I dislike her I have to give Charlotte all the credit in the world for being one of the best heels in the company right now.

Sami Zayn for Apollo Crews – Smackdown obviously won this one; Apollo Crews is boring and was brought up far too soon and Zayne is finally on the show he should have been on this whole time.

The New Day for Bray Wyatt – As much as I love Wyatt I have to give this one to Smackdown as well, you get the New Day and I think on Smackdown they can spread their wings and if they decide to break them apart then we get Kofi, Xavier, and Big E as singles on Smackdown.

Smackdown - 5
RAW - 3
Other - 2

Just my thoughts continue on with your day.