Jonny B's Impact Recap, nWo Redux

Started by Jonny Worldbeater, February 05, 2009, 04:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny Worldbeater

TNA Report:  nWo iMPACT

Hey lads and ladies, it’s been quite a while since I did a recap column for the board, but as you might imagine, the subject I’m here to write about this week was something I simply could not pass up.

To give you some background history to this show, this episode of TNA iMPACT was based upon an idea from WCW in the late 90’s, approximately January of 1997, wherein the nWo literally took control of the Nitro broadcast and did the entire show as an ‘nWo’ production. This episode was most notable in WCW history not because it was a unique or innovative idea, but for the fact that it drove away viewers in the millions, costing them a rating at least 3 points higher than TNA’s peak, if not moreso. So, what went down in history as on of the most monumental failures in the history of WCW programming, the creative team thought would be a perfect way to give TNA a much needed shot in the arm…

As if this weren’t enough, I’d also like to add to this a recent news (or possibly NEWZ) story that came out about TNA trying to get some publicity by offering disgraced Illinois governor, Rod Blagojevich a job as ‘Chairman of the Main Event Mafia’. This, when coupled with the whole Sarah Palin ordeal that lastest what felt like forever and ultimately went nowhere has spoken volumes to me of how these people do business.

Take for instance, this; Vince McMahon was quoted as saying that he didn’t like the film ‘The Wrestler’, and one could obviously assume that’s because it didn’t fit his image of what wrestling or ‘sports entertainment’ is. But once Mickey Rourke gets nominated for an Oscar for his role and the film has been making big publicity for itself, Vince immediately tries to get into bed with the project so he can do good business for himself. TNA on the other hand goes out to associate itself with failed and disgraced politicians who have become a national (and international) joke, and those same people of course reject any affiliation with them. That’s a hell of a message to send about your company there boys, ‘we suck so bad even the biggest fuck-ups won’t go near us’.

Anyway, without further ado, let me begin the recap of ‘nWo iMPACT: Suck Hard With A Vengeance’.

- The show opened with a promotional video for the Main Event Mafia, talking about how they’d worked for years to earn their respective places in the business, struggling to get to the top to become World Champions, but now these young upstart punks of the Frontline were trying to take away everything that they’d worked so hard to earn, and so they would fight tooth and nail to protect it. Basically, this whole video made the MEM look like heroes standing up for honour and tradition against these young whippersnappers who wanted it for themselves without having to work for it, and was obviously meant to be a pretentious, sarcastic deal to make the MEM look like self-important heels, but the problem is that whether you regularly watch the show or not, it totally does the job of justifying the MEM as heroes since the Frontline are always booked as whiny, selfish, pathetic little bitches. So if you watch the show or are just a casual fan, it’s incredibly easy to buy into this thing as a serious piece.

- The show then officially kicks off with Kurt Angle in Jarrett’s office ready to play director when Jim Cornette came in to tell him he couldn’t do this. Kurt asked him who was going to stop him since Foley wasn’t there and Jeff was home all fucked up from the beating Kurt gave him at the PPV. More on that later. Cornette said he was giving Kurt a warning but Kurt blew him off and Corny couldn’t do dick about it, making him the single worst authority figure ever. You just know he’s gotta hate his job.

- The show open rolled. This was the first time I’d actually caught the show from the beginning since I only get to watch it at my gym, but when that opening played and I heard that ‘This is my destiny’, ‘Cross the line’ theme music, I seriously cringed for that nu metal bullshit. Just horrible.

- So finally, the show begins with Kevin Nash and Booker T at the broadcast booth to do commentary, giving themselves the aliases of ‘Chet Lemon’ and ‘Black Snow’. Instantly, this was a vast improvement over the normal Tenay/West commentary. They ran down the card, which was full of ‘Advantage Heel’ matches, again designed to put MEM over as dick heels on a power trip in theory. In theory communism works. The matches were: ODB vs. the Kongtourage in a 4-on-1 handicap match, Petey Williams vs. Matt Morgan, Booker T vs. two referees (…for some reason), and Team 3D vs. Sting, which I believe they noted was to prove how Kurt Angle was a ‘fair and balanced booker’ or something. Nash then told the pyro guy to ‘blow his load’ and they set off the fireworks and through TO THE BACK~!

- Sharmell was taking over from the interview chick, and she was on the set with… Something… Later identified as ODB. Again, this was a first for me actually seeing ODB on TV, much less in an interview. God, she was horrible. Like what you get when you feed a mogwai after midnight. Just this strange, disgusting, obnoxious amalgam of everything you could ever find completely unappealing about a person, much less a woman. She looked like Carrot Top and sounded like Joe C. from Kid Rock, and went on to trade bad insults with Sharmell and talk about how she was ‘jacked up, drunk and horny’, which somehow meant she was going to kick some ass. How the hell she’s supposed to be a babyface is beyond me. Just an absolute abortion of a segment, leading into…

- OBD vs. The Kongtourage: Before the match began, Scott Steiner came out to do ring intros for the evening, proving to be yet another spark of awesome for this show, and the comedy just wrote itself. Steiner called the crowd white trash and rednecks and then introduced ‘KongFucious’, completely fucking up everybody’s name before finally giving up and shouting at the crowd that he was a wrestler and ‘didn’t know the names of these bitches’. Brilliant.

From one abortion to another, the match began with ODB vs. Sojourner Bolt IIRC, who then went on to bring in Rhaka Khan. This of course when you’ve got Raisha Saeed AKA Cheerleader Melissa and Awesome Kong â€" two of the best women’s wrestlers in America â€" out there, and instead of actually using them, you get the two chicks who are greener than fucking grass and not getting any better to work the majority of the match. Rhaka Khan in particular is extremely pleasing on the eyes, as long as she doesn’t attempt to wrestle, and I use the words ‘attempt’ and ‘wrestle’ in the loosest possible sense. Rhaka Khan may be the single worst wrestler to ever step into a ring, including people on their first day of wrestling school, and she’s been in the business for like 4 years already. So anyway, a bunch of stuff of no consequence whatsoever happened and finally ODB ran wild on Kong in the corner with the 10 punches â€" the weakest punches you’ve ever seen I might add â€" and while she was punching, she had to look over her shoulder to see that the other 3 chicks weren’t in position for their next spot, go back to punching again and wait another 30 seconds for everybody to get in position so she could take them all out with a crossbody. Horrible. So then, somehow, I can’t even remember, the Kongtourage beat up on ODB and Kong beat her with the Implant Buster. OhBTWthey’rewrestlingatthePPV. Excruciating shitfest of a match. God, I miss Gail Kim.

- Backstage, Angle was laughing at ODB getting laid out. Cornette came back in and asked what Angle was going to pay for the hospital bills, and again Kurt brushed him off saying he wanted people getting hurt, and again Corny was totally ineffectual, so much so that JEREMY BORASH said HE’D TAKE CARE OF IT. Borash went to talk Kurt into giving Cornette back control of the show, and Kurt told him to fuck off, saying he’d been sucking up to him to get to Karen. What that has to do with anything, I’ve no idea. Borash denied this saying ‘Bros before Hos’, making him officially the whitest man on this show. Angle told him to ‘make some money’ and sell MEM t-shirts. Another dumb segment, but I’ll say this; even with the horrible writing, Kurt and Cornette are still awesome.

- Right before commercial, there was a Roughcut with ODB. I could not WAIT for that shit to get off my TV.

- Back from commercial and Sharmell was interviewing… Refs. Refs… Two referees who were going to be fighting Booker T momentarily, because apparently Earl Hebner and Shane Sewell have heat with Booker. (…For some reason). So now, I guess Booker T is going to do an ethnic cleansing of referees in an act of revenge. Also, these two particular referees â€" Andrew Thomas and Rudy Charles â€" had to ACT in this segment. Bad idea. Rudy Charles said he was an amateur wrestler, so they could take on Booker no problem. Further evidence that every single person who is supposed to be a babyface or get sympathy in this company is an idiot.

- Booker T vs. Refs: As the referee’s are announced and come on out, I have no idea what Booker is saying in his weird Don West impression. Booker’s music hits and Nash says farewell to ‘Black Snow’ from the broadcast booth for a moment, then instantly notes ‘OH MY GOD, IT’S BOOKER T!’ as soon as Booker steps out from behind the desk. Now STEINER is doing PBP. Awesome. Booker squashes the refs and kills Rudy Charles with the axe kick; no one cares. Booker then drags Charles over to Thomas, who sells it like a deer in the headlights rather than, you know, avoiding being forced to tag. So Thomas now stupidly comes in, gets killed with the bookend for 3; no one cares. Match went WAY longer than it had any right to.

Post-match, Booker hassles Earl Hebner, bringing out Shane Sewell. Apparently beating the fuck out of your colleagues for 10 minutes isn’t enough incentive for a babyface to run in. So Sewell gets some offense for a bit, then Booker makes his own comeback and kills him off with the axe kick as Nash and Steiner laughed at him. Way to get over another babyface. OhBTWthey’rewrestlingatthePPV.

- They went TO THE BACK~! where Kurt was again laughing at the faces getting killed and had a conversation with Nash via headset about their priorities: namely trying to get some unseen chick in the 3rd row to flash her tits. Sting came in and called Kurt out, asking him what the hell was going on and why he’d booked him in a handicap match tonight. Kurt said not to worry about it, since Team 3D would still have to tag in and out, with subtle mock confidence that he could beat them. Sting said the PPV was in two weeks and it was going to be all four of them in there with every man for himself, and Kurt could either go into that match with Sting as a friend or a foe. Both guys did a good job with what they had to work with, and if this was building to a Sting/Angle match for the title, it did a good job. As it stands however, this was building to a 4-way with Sting/Angle/Bubba Ray/Dvon for the title, plus it was the same old cheap ‘fighting teammates’ shtick the company does with everybody long before there’s ever a reason to care about them breaking up, so who gives a shit? Also, purple is not Sting’s colour, and the backpack clips on his coat just made it look more low-rent. Thumbs in the middle segment, leaning up as we go to commercial.

- Back from commercial and Sharmell is interviewing Morgan about his match with Petey Williams, and they’ve added the stip that Petey must wrestle with one arm tied behind his back. (…for some reason.) Morgan said DAMN the Mafia for making them do this, damn them all to hell. Then he said, seriously, Petey couldn’t look him eye to eye, more like eye to kneecap and he was going to kill him. Nothing promo.

- Matt Morgan vs. Petey Williams: Matt Morgan came out and Booker T was unintelligible, but apparently Matt Morgan’s ‘a big guy’, since he said it about 50 times. Steiner then introduced Petey, running down Canada before he brought him out. For those who don’t know the deal here, way back in the last year Scott Steiner took Petey under his wing and started molding him in his image to create a ‘Mini Steiner’ in Petey Williams, so Petey would come out with the short blonde hair, the bleach goatee with the black stripe, the chainmail and everything. So then, when the MEM angle was picking up, Steiner beat the shit out of Petey and sidelined him. So then, after 3 months on the sidelines, Petey Williams came back for revenge… Still looking like a miniature Scott Steiner. So tonight, he came out… Short bleached hair. Bleached blonde goatee with the black stripe. Chainmail. Looking like the biggest fucking geek ever, a fact made worse when Booker pointed all this out.

So the match starts and Petey agrees to get his arm tied up without a protest. Why, I have no idea, it’s not like there’s anything at stake that requires him to go along with it, but â€" dumb babyface as he is â€" he does. Make a note of that. Match starts out with Morgan getting on his knees to mock Petey and Petey gets in a dropkick, then Morgan proceeded to squash the shit out of him and pull him back up on a couple of counts. So then Steiner gets involved and apparently tells Morgan to put him away, and that allows the referee to untie Petey so that Petey can fake being tied up and make a comeback with two hands. Why the fuck didn’t he do that do begin with? This isn’t Austin/McMahon. There’s nothing at stake. Why would you go along with it only to cheat your way out of it midway through the match. Anyway Petey makes a comeback devoid of any selling of the 5-minute ass kicking he just took and runs wild with ‘flying burritos’ as Booker T calls ‘em. Now, this might lead you to the assumption that Petey might actually go over here, giving him some heat and/or credibility with 2 weeks until the PPV. No, no, no, no, no. Because you see, rather than capitalize on the advantage he’s made for himself, Petey decides THIS is the time to go after Steiner and dives out onto him, then comes back in the ring to get pinned off a boot to the face.

So in summary, after having ‘outsmarted’ the heels by getting the ref to untie him when he allowed himself to get tied up for no reason, managed to get the advantage on his opponent, then went after a heel who was barely involved, subsequently losing both the advantage and the entire match , beaten clean as a sheet once he came back in. Dumbass.

Post-match beatdown and Steiner and Morgan kill Petey with their respective finishers, so FINALLY Petey’s friends run down to make the save. 3 of ‘em. Against 2 heels in the ring. So then, what happens? Why, Booker T goes into the ring to help out HIS outnumbered comrades and begins whipping the shit out of the BABYFACES with even odds. Hell, if you add Petey to that equation, it’s 4-on-3 and the heels still kick the faces’ asses. But here’s the best part: While Booker T is making the save and whipping the asses of the babyfaces, he’s doing it with a MICROPHONE IN HIS HAND, CALLING THE ACTION AS HE DOES IT!

Now, first of all, it’s stupid enough to have 4 faces in their against 3 heels to begin with, then having the faces get their asses handed to them when they outnumber the heels is more ricockulous still. Even if you take Petey out of the equation and call it a fair fight, that’s STILL the BABYFACES getting BEAT UP AND RUN OFF by the HEELS. THEN you add to that the whole Booker T microphone spot to make Booker look like he’s not even trying, and how the fuck is ANYONE supposed to get behind these lame fuck babyfaces. The whole point of the microphone spot he took from Jerry Lawler and also from The Rock in that empty arena match with Mankind is to make the heel look like an arrogant jackass who has so little respect for his opponent that he devotes more effort to doing PBP on his own offense than he does to beating him, so as to SET UP THE COMEBACK where the babyface will KICK THE HEEL’S ASS, and the heel will then be SELLING THE BEATING INTO THE MICROPHONE. It’s amazing how they can fuck up the simplest things in this company. OhBTW,Morgan’swrestlingAbyssatthePPV. Peteyvs.Steinermayormaynotactuallyhappen.

- Going to commercial we get a Roughcut with Matt Morgan. You know that dastardly heel who just beat the shit out of Petey Williams? Well, here he is as just a normal, Joe Sixpack kinda guy. Are these things supposed to be in Kayfabe or not?

- Back, and Team 3D arrived with the IWGP Tag Titles and Bubba’s shitty balding Mohawk in check. Bubba cuts a decent promo, but logic makes it redundant. Get this; A few months back, Bubba challenged Kurt to a 1-on-1 match with the stip being that both stables would leave the arena for it. The Frontline stupidly did leave despite the MEM stabbing them in the back in a similar angle at the start of THAT SAME SHOW, and the MEM of course double-crossed Bubba again and beat the shit out of him, sidelining him. So Bubba comes back for revenge now, and who does he want to fight…? Sting. Sting being the only one of the MEM members who DIDN’T join in the shitkicking. Bubba’s reasoning is that Sting could’ve stepped in at any moment and stopped them, but he didn’t. Said he felt sorry for Sting for being forced into a handicap match against the greatest tag team ever. There were also a bunch of shitty cuts in the promo and it sounded like the crowd was chanting ‘We Want Flair’ during the promo. Reminding people of the Jim Herd days of WCW is not a good thing.

- Team 3D vs. Sting: Steiner announced Team 3D from Dunkin’ Donuts, in the state of Obesity. Awesome. Booker T meanwhile noted that while they’d won like 20 Tag Team titles, 8 of them were in ECW, so they didn’t count. Crowd was doing ‘What’ chants. 2009, folks, get with the program. So basically, the psychology of this match was fucked because, as you might imagine, it did nothing to get Team 3D over as faces and even less to get Sting over as a heel, and for the so-called ‘greatest tag team ever’, boy did Team 3D come off looking bad when not only did Sting hold his own against them ON HIS OWN, but when they came back from commercial, Sting was GETTING THE HEAT ON DEVON! One guy. Getting heat on another guy. With his tag partner standing right there, doing fuck all about it. Fuck this company.

Anyway, as the match dragged on, Bubba got the ‘hot tag’ and ‘ran wild’, despite the fact none of this got over, and they botched sidewalk slam while Bubba was making his big comeback. So, with Team 3D taking over on Sting, who should come out to make the save but Kurt Angle â€" the guy who booked this match to take out Sting in the first place â€" who had Steiner distract the referee so he could low-blow Bubba and then Sting DDT’d him for the pin. But wait, heels winning a match by cheating? Not in TNA, no sir. Bubba kicked out of the low blow, made his own comeback and Team 3D hit the Doomsday Device on Sting for the pin. But wait, the face challengers beating the heel champion with a clean pinfall to set up a title match at the PPV? Not in TNA, by God. So Kurt Angle ran in to make the save and got Sting DQ’d for the 3D victory, then the MEM proceeded to hit the ring and beat the piss out of Team 3D like they did with, oh, say EVERY BABYFACE ON THIS SHOW! OhBTW,allfouroftheseguysarewrestlingatthePPV.

MEM brought out a table and tease the table bump and the crowd goes nuts, so of course LAX, Abyss & Mick Foley â€" 4 MORE BABYFACES â€" have to hit the ring to stop them, making it 6-on-4. At least they actually managed to run the heels off. But seriously, if this is the way you book your babyface you’ve got no one but yourselves to blame when the people shit on ‘em. Which they do. Frequently.

- Back from commercial and Buzz Killington AKA Mick Foley’s in the ring to shut down the MEM’s takeover of the show and restore order. For those wondering, this show did one of TNA’s better ratings at a 1.2 with 1.6 million viewers, reaching a quarterly peak of 1.27. Around about this segment is when that number went plummeting back down to the 1.04 they got in the final quarter. I missed a got portion of this promo while I was between cardio machines, but apparently Mick was fiercely blown up from the sprint to the ring and also said that Hernandez of LAX would get another World title shot at a date TBD since the MEM fucked him out of it. He then started exacting some retribution on the MEM by heel booking on them. He booked Steiner in a hardcore match against Abyss, but only Abyss could use weapons. Then he booked Angle in a handicap match against LAX for the main event. Effective booking in theory, but not exactly in practice. For one thing, if you have the power to do all this, why not do it 80 minutes ago? Better yet, why not just fuckin’ fire ‘em? Oh, also, Foley reinstates Tenay and West on commentary for the rest of the show. That’s one explanation for the ratings crater. Oh, also, Cornette’s still ineffectual. So back to business as usual. :(

- Mike and Don are back on commentary and within moment I feel like taking a shiv to my eardrums. Fuck Foley for bringing these cocktards back. Cornette plus Booker/Sewell for the PPV. Literally nobody cares. And who could blame them when Booker killed him off with ease earlier in the night?

- Abyss vs. Scott Steiner: So it’s a hardcore match, but only for the babyface. So what’s the consequence of Steiner using weapons? He gets DQ’d? That just means he doesn’t compete in this one-sided match you booked him anymore, so already he’s fucked your plan up. Before the match gets going, Mike & Don recap the show, making it clear how much of NOTHING has been accomplished or explained. OhBTW,AbyssiswrestlingMattMorganatthePPV.

On top of all this, they plug the story of how Matt Morgan turning on Abyss (in an obvious swerve for absolutely no reason) and how it ‘brought out the Monster in Abyss’. So as soon as they say this, Steiner beats the shit out of Abyss despite the fact he can’t use weapons in this Hardcore match. Way to buy back the character there fellas. Steiner goes out to gather up weapons despite the fact he can’t use them, which gives Abyss the chance to come back and brawl with him into the crowd. He beat Steiner back against the wall and then yelled to the crowd â€" the dead silent crowd â€" before charging at Steiner only for Steiner to step out of the way and for Abyss to go crashing through the wall like the big dumb fuck that he is. Tremendous, TREMENDOUS babyface there.

Back from commercial and Steiner gets the heat on Abyss for his dipshittery and threatens to use a chair, but the ref stops him and Abyss punches the chair in Steiner’s face, sets the chair up in the corner and tries to work on Steiner, but gets low blowed and sent face-first into the chair he set up. Oh, cruel irony, thy taste is bittersweet. So now Steiner tries to use the ring bell but the ref stops that too and Abyss chokeslams Steiner onto a garbage can. He pins him, and Steiner heroically kicks out. Damn that Scott Steiner, I hate him for being so cool and tough. So then Abyss picked up the ringbell and was about to use it when Steiner hit him over the head with a pipe for the DQ. Yes, you read that right; A DQ. In a Hardcore match. So then, Scott Steiner got the weapons he couldn’t use in the match and used them to beat the living fuck out of Abyss. Seriously. The guy went into the match at a disadvantage, kicked out of all the face’s moves despite being handicapped by the authority figure who booked this match, and the only reason he lost is because he evened the odds and beat the piss out of the guy who was given every advantage to beat the piss out of him.

So then, the ‘Monster’ Abyss has to be SAVED from this horrendous beatdown, and who is the guy that comes out to save him? Mick Foley? Team 3D? LAX? His Frontline teammates? One of the big stars the MEM sidelined making his return? Nope. It was Suicide… SUICIDE. Spider-Man’s lame emo brother from a failed videogame. THIS is the guy who saves ‘The Monster’ from getting beaten like a bitch. Unbelievable.

- I know this one’s been a long read ladies and gents, but at this point I need you to think back to the start of the recap. Remember when Kurt Angle noted that nobody could stop the show because Foley wasn’t there and Jarrett was sidelined from the beating Kurt gave him? Well, at this point in the show (though not in the Australian broadcast apparently), the announcers threw to a video package of TNA’s tour of the UK, featuring such headline stars as Samoa Joe and, you guessed it, Jeff Jarrett, WRESTLING on the tour. Two guys who, in months worth of storylines, have been put over as being beaten up by the MEM and sidelined so that nobody could stand in their way, and here â€" on your own program â€" you deliver evidence to the contrary. Suspension of disbelief at it’s finest.

- LAX vs. Kurt Angle: Back from commercial it's the final of our ‘babyfaces outnumber the heels’ segments for this evening, and honestly, the saving grace of this show, unfortunately it came when the show was beyond saving and by the end it too got caught up in the blackhole of sucktitude. To the credit of all involved, this match proved to be very good despite it’s retarded premise early on with LAX getting the advantage on Angle and Hernandez doing a pretty good job of looking like a star-in-the-making, even busting out a 300 pound plancha when Kurt was on the floor. Seeing this guy for the first time in a long time, his potential for being a big deal in this company is obvious, but he still needs a lot of work and the luck of not getting buried by creative, which is a lot to ask for anybody in this company apparently. Still, he’s got what it takes to be a very good big man, so time will tell if he’s the next Batista (underrated worker), Kozlov (overrated and shitty worker) or Big Show (awesome worker). Note: Didn’t include indy guys or Japanese guys for those who may not know them. Also didn’t include Taker since nobody’s getting that good for a long long time.

Anyways, back from commercial break and Kurt gets the heat on Homicide and proceeds to dominate. Again, it’s a stupid, STUPID premise for a HANDICAP MATCH where the HEEL is at a disadvantage, but somehow these guys manage to make it work. Angle goes for the Angle slam but Homicide slips out and tries for the cutter, Angle counters into the Ankle lock and Homicide rolls out of that, Angle goes for the Angle slam again and Homicide counters with a DDT for a hot tag that has actual HEAT! Man, it works, but still it’s so fucking ricockulous that one man is getting heat on a tag team. Anyways, it turns out that Angle distracted the ref right before the tag and the crowd is PISSED, but in the GOOD WAY for a change. At some point in here, Homicide took down Angle with a Dragon screw, but rather than make the tag, he decides to work Angle’s leg. Again with the dumb babyfaces. Angle gets the anklelock on Homicide and ‘Cide is on the verge of tapping out until finally he manages to roll through and propel Kurt into a slingshot shoulder block from Hernandez, who proceeds to run wild on Kurt without the tag, and this is where this match goes under. He made a comeback on Angle with a bunch of power moves and set him up for the Border Toss, but Angle slipped out and Hernandez â€" like all babyfaces â€" stupidly charged at him and ended up taking himself out with a spill to the floor. Homicide actually got a false finish with the diamond cutter and went for the Cop Killer to end it, but Kurt countered with the Angle slam for the clean victory to end a good match ruined by a bunch of dumb shit.

- Finally, the show comes to a close with a return teaser from… Samoa Joe. The same Samoa Joe who for months had been a whiny little bitch who got beaten clean by the MEM over and over again before they finally put him on the sidelines. But now he’s coming back as the REAL Samoa Joe, which means… He has paint on his face now. Wow. That sure is intimidating. And judging by the job they’ve done with Abyss, I’m sure that’s totally all they’ll need to buy back Joe’s badass character, after all, who doesn’t take a guy with paint on his face seriously?

In the long and the short of it, the story of this show was the Main Event Mafia being badasses and every single one of the babyfaces being suck-dick jabroni losers, even when the odds were in their favour. And they wonder why their ratings don’t do shit and their PPV buyrates tank. The people in charge of this company honestly think this is the right way to do good business for themselves: writing driveling horseshit like this. And the saddest part is that it takes the combined efforts of THREE PEOPLE in the creative team to come up with this shit, and at least two of them have been in the business long enough to know better, and the third is just a dipshit no matter how long he’s been doing this.

A dumbass show, immensely counter-productive, didn’t do a thing to pop the ratings and certainly didn’t sell a single buy for the PPV. BUT, at least for a while there, it was at least FUN. Make no mistake, this show was a trainwreck. As a matter of fact, it was a train that went off the rails, over a cliff and exploded on impact. But, as all good trainwreck television is, it was at least fun and entertaining for a while there before it went back to being the same old shit. And with this company, that’s often the best you can hope for.