News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

*OFFICIAL* Wrestlemania 25 Topic *Possible Spoilers*

Started by Russ, April 05, 2009, 03:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

Well we do need a discussion place for Mania 25, and seeing as most of EFK will be watching it I used mah brainz and made a topic.

So yeah; post all pre-show predicitions and discussions in here, and discuss the show itself when it's on.

What I will ask is please don't post anything that could spoil a match before it's happened (ie. don't come on here going ZOMG I JUST SAWZ A SCRIPT WHAT SAID EDGE WINZ! during MITB etc.)

Right... my first Mania live (can you believe it?) so let's get going.

MANIA! MANIA! MANIA! MANIA! MANIA!

PS: Stream links will be posted in here too :P

http://www.justin.tv/streamthisnet
https://secure.justin.tv/wrestlemania_25_free
http://www.justin.tv/wsn_tv
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Gary

im most excited about MiTB, HBK vs Taker, Orton vs HHH, and Hardy vs Hardy..those match should be pretty good. The build up to mania may have been lackluster but those matches should live up to it. And I can't wait for the pyro show cause Mania always does a great job with that

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Russ

Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

James Onlee

Wrestlemania Review

Alright, after just sitting through all of Wrestlemania I decided that I had to write my thoughts about it.  I’ll run down the matches, and what I thought and so forth, you get the idea.

Money in the Bank-

What do you expect from these things?  We all know it’s a spot fest, and that’s exactly what it was yet again this year.  There were a few good spots which included Benjamin’s Senton from the ladder which was jaw dropping, and Kofi’s drop kick through the ladder, and climbing the ladder while Henry held it.  Those were the highlights of this match.  Otherwise it was pretty dull.  There were botch’s galore.  The biggest thing that stuck out to me was the fact that the announcers kept drilling in to our heads that it seemed impossible for either Mark Henry or Kane to climb the ladder.  Now, I understand that ladders have weight restrictions and so forth, but these aren’t normal ladders.  Are we to really believe that WWE would make their own ladders, and not account for the weight of the biggest participant?  A multibillion dollar company couldn’t make a strong ladder?  Fuck off announce team.  Aside from that Punk winning was alright, I guess.  I’ll never understand what Vince hates about Christian, as he should have won this given that his comeback push was fucked over.  Either way, lets all watch as Punk is both the first person to win the MITB twice in a row, and also be the first to lose when he goes for the title match.

Kid Rock sang…I didn’t pay to watch kid rock sing.  Why did he sing so many songs?

Diva Cluster Fuck-

I say cluster fuck because that’s what it was.  They just first off entered while Kid Rock was still singing.  I know 25 introductions would’ve been a lot, but at least throw those that are returning a fricking bone here.  I had no idea who half the people in the ring were simply because blondes and brunettes all seem to mix in to each other as they try to wrestle.  The match got underway before the camera focused on the ring, so that added to more confusion.  They didn’t have to go over the top rope, just out of the ring to add to the suck fest, and furthermore it seems that none of the 3 announcers could tell Santina was really Santino.  I guess the big fucking lion tattooed on his back must be very common for Italians?

Chris Jericho vs. Legends-

To be honest I didn’t watch most of this.  I came in just before Jericho picked up the win.  Which I was surprised he even did to begin with.  I’m not sure whether The Dragon still has it, or if Jericho carried him very well, but either way, it wasn’t bad.  Still think they should’ve given it to the Legends on this one though, just for the fans and the history and such.  Randy the Ram the knocked Jericho down with a jab.  Apparently any celebrity can knock a WWE wrestler out from what the last 2 Wrestlemanias have shown me.  Great booking WWE.

Rey Mysterio V JBL-

Match was a whole 3 moves.  It was one of those ones where they showed the replay afterwards and it included the whole match.  In other words…I didn’t pay to see that shit fest.  Way to screw me there, WWE.  Anyway, we all know Rey likes to dress up for Mania.  A few years ago he was the flash, then a garbage man, but this year he was either Doink as JAG would say, or he was the Joker.  Bit late to that party there, Rey.  A new superhero movie has ridden in to town, and quite frankly I think the reference, while gotten by everybody, was just far far far too late…idiot.  Not sure why they had JBL just up and quit afterwards.  I realize that he’s probably done again for real, but it just made no sense.  I know they say it’s better to go out on your back and all, but it is never good to go out like a whiney bitch.

Taker V Michaels-

Great spots, great storyline, and a match that I wish would’ve went on longer.  I really enjoyed the story this one told, and I wish that every match tonight was like this.  Michaels took a hell of a beating, and kicked out of every single one of Taker’s finishers.  That was spectacular.  You know the deadman was going to win, but Michaels suspended that disbelief perfectly through the whole match.  This is exactly what I paid my 60 bucks for.  Should have been the main event.  Will anyone take down the Taker at Mania?  Who knows, but if it’s as good as this match, I can’t wait.

Hardy V Hardy-

Now, I’ve never been a Hardy’s fan, but Jeff does do some insane spots.  Matt on the other hand I’ve just never plain liked.  Not sure if it’s his “look” or ability, but he impressed me tonight.  I really dug the tights and boots look he had, and the tights were bad ass.  Now on to the match, it was almost as good as Taker and Michaels, but just fell short of that.  Another match that I wound up wishing would go longer.  The spots were well planned, and the story was also very good in this one as well.  I wasn’t sure how it would go down, and which would be best for the storyline to continue, but I’m glad Matt grabbed the win at Mania.  That Twist of Fate he did was absolutely fucking nuts and I was stunned upon seeing it.  That was literally a mark out moment right there.  Good match here.

Cena V Edge V Show

Had some good spots, but yet again it seems that WWE is just simply afraid that Cena will get lost if he doesn’t have the title around his waist.  I really don’t get it to be honest.  I’ll admit that I was impressed when he had both Show and Edge on his shoulders, if just for a few seconds, but honestly he just really can’t wrestle.  He tries hard, and for some reason kids and women love him, but turn him heel already at the very least.  Make the people hate him for the right reasons WWE.  It’s stupid not to.  Now, I had Edge pegged to take this for one, Show wasn’t…obviously.  Secondly, with Cena holding the belt sense is absent again.  That isn’t even “his” belt.  This has got to be like the 20th time the championships have switched shows, and it’s just getting stupid.  Either make the brands one, and unify the belts, or don’t let Raw “stars” on Smackdown matches.

H V Orton

Wow…just wow…and not a good wow either.  Quite frankly it left me quite pissed off.  Now, I’m sure some of you read my thoughts on Orton’s push in the Wrestling board at the Knights, if you didn’t, here’s what I thought.  They made Orton look like a bitch up until the night he ddt’d Steph and kissed her.  They did.  The face was the dominate one through 98% of the build up and it sucked.  Orton just played bitch to HHH.  Then the week before Mania they have Orton reveal that this was a plan 5 years in the making.  He had it all planned out from that time when HHH turned on him.  Sounded good.  Put him over, but then they go and finish the job of burying him at Mania?  What the fuck is all I can say on that.  If you’re going the route where you’ve planned this whole thing for a whole FIVE YEARS, you’d think that would be enough time to sort all this shit out to make sure you won the big match at the end.  At least I’d think that.  The match itself was pretty entertaining, but the ending just left me with a very bitter taste in my mouth.  WWE, you sign a young guy like Orton to a 20 year deal, and then you go and bury him at your biggest show ever?  To the bosses son in law no less.  I call some serious bullshit, and the WWE “universe” isn’t going to be happy. 

Gary

You could tell the fans wanted Christian, cause the usually beloved Punk was booed when he grabbed the case.

[/center]

Gary

Vince wont care if the show sucked, they broke a company record for largest gate..6.9 million.

[/center]

Bryan

if vince cared about his shows sucking he would have overhauled the show years ago, lol.

Brandon

QuoteNot sure why they had JBL just up and quit afterwards.

Almost positive he'll replace Tazz on SD as announcer.

Mike Storm

1. Don't think anyone wanted CM Punk to win it. Nice match though, always my favourite.
2. Diva's match amusing at the start, but just the usual diva's match
3. Jericho was the man, but Mickey Rourke's one punch made him the victor?
4. 21 second match? At WM? A pointless match in my view that moved the title to different hands and gave JBL a spot as commentator. Should've been done on Smackdown and not WM
5. Taker and MIchaels had the match of the night imo. Some say it was Taker's last eve rmatch before retirement but there was nothing after the match to signify it.
6. Hardy's had a great match I thought, they have the best spots and they usually come from Jeff Hardy. Would've put this before the Taker match.
7. The Cena spot where he was meant to double FU...erm....attitude adjust Show and Edge was pretty impressive. Not a fan of the outcome but the match wasn't too bad.
8. I've been watching WM live since WMXX and the WM25 main event was the worst I have seen out of the six years. I thought there was a great hype to this match but the match itself was terrible. There was no suspense what-so-ever and there were barely any spots. There wasn't even any suspense to the finish move or anything. HHH pinned Orton and I was like 'really? just like that>'

And that's my short review of the show.

Russ

Triple H's punt kick was the tits... aside from that, the main event was pretty crap

Non Compos Mentis

I didnt watch it, but i usually try to see the matches on vidoes or something.

Anyone have a video of the show or individual matches?

It's a pain trying to find decent ones so soon after the show on Youtube etc.

On looking at the results i'm kinda glad they didnt do the obvious and give the faces all the wins but at the same time it seems some people who deserved a win were let down. Miz and Morrison being perhaps the biggest of these. And as for the JBL/Rey match, what a crock of shit! 21 seconds? For a show like WM that's just ridiculous.

Pure Class Wrestling
PCW Head Of Creative Development
PCW North American Champion (x3)
PCW Tag Team Champion (x1 w/ Ace Anderson)

Russ

Non Compos Mentis

Thank you very much...

Fingers cross there's some good matches, the review so far seem to say so.

Pure Class Wrestling
PCW Head Of Creative Development
PCW North American Champion (x3)
PCW Tag Team Champion (x1 w/ Ace Anderson)

Alex Smiley

Yeah, I wasn't happy about the ME either. When they had BOTH guys deliver their finishers about a MINUTE into the match, I was kinda pissed. Rest of the show looked good, from my perspective, though I do agree with Onlee about the Divas match. I wasn't happy that I couldn't see the returning divas (heck, most of the time they didn't even show who was eliminated).

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Tezmission Black

I thought MITB could of gone a little longer with the spots a little more separated, I do think Shelton may of hurt himself, cause he did not do much after he jumped off the ladder. Besides that his move and Kofi's kick through the ladder was sick. Christian should of won it.

Miz and Morrison vs Carlito and Primo moved off the card made me pretty angry

Kid Rock and Diva's match where both horrible, they should of had him sing two, MAYBE three songs and had the Diva's come out, but allow the old Diva's and the title holders to have there entrances, the match itself should of been longer, and unless the Bella's made up they should of never had them working together.

Jericho vs Legions was good, mostly when Steamboat was in the ring, Jericho won, but the shit with Rourke was gay.

Joker vs JBL was eh, it was poorly done, there was nothing stopping them from having  a full on match then rewarding it to Mysterio when he won and then having JBL quit to go back to commentary.

Taker vs HBK, prob match of the night, both worked very well, Taker winning prevented me from turning off my TV, although I should of after the match.

Hardy vs Hardy, did not have much going into this match, I don't like either Hardy, and honestly if the ring would of collapsed and there match had been canceled there would of been no tears from me. Now with that said, this match was much better then expected, and I was surprised that the WWE gave them the leeway to do really whatever they wanted, the Twist of fate was sick and Matt winning was prob the best thing to do to continue the feud.

The main events, both where craptastic, we got the best entrance of the night with HHH paying homage to Stone Cold by breaking the glass, but besides that, the best moves of the match where Edge taking Show into the barricade then HHH's punt. I don't think anyone wanted to see Cena win, but the WWE had to give it to there movie star, and HHH retaining, IDK just was disappointing IMO.

I like to grade the PPV's on a scale of 1-10, and well compared to past WM's I gatta give it a 5/10, it did not live up to what it could of been with the matches they had booked.