News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

*OFFICIAL* Wrestlemania 25 Topic *Possible Spoilers*

Started by Russ, April 05, 2009, 03:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Tezmission Black

I can see the future duuhhh jking, I am sure more typos can be found  if you look lol

Duckman

I really did enjoy most of WM but there was one big problem which was the lay out of the show.

Taker vs Michaels and Orton vs HHH should have traded places on the card.

Also, that stipulation of having HHH lose the Title if he was DQed took SO much heat out of that match.  Also, why the fuck did HHH do all his water spitting crap when he's supposed to be furious with Orton?  He should've ran down that aisle and dived on Orton.

People will claim the crowd were burned out by this point but they were loud when HHH held the monitor over Orton's head - they were actually desperate for him to smash Orton with it.

I just don't get why they worked this house show paced match with hardly any spots in it.  It just didn't have any 'big time' feel about it.

The finish was totally flawed and flat and just took away so much of the good work that Taker and HBK did early on.  They should have had HHH snap, beat the shit out of Orton for 12 minutes and get DQed and lose the Title.  Then could have then built up a rematch without that dumb stipulation and made it even better.

MITB was nuts.  Kofi really stood out last night.  I can see why Punk won but the people were dying for Christian to win.  MVP took one of the most dangerous bumps I've ever seen with that backwards powerbomb out the ring.  Plus Shelton's dive off that huge ladder was scary as hell.

Ricky Steamboat worked better than most of the guys on the WWE roster.  I didn't mind the Rourke stuff as he was really over with the live crowd and it came off well.

Hardy vs Hardy was a kind of slow but the finish was awesome as was that stacked table bump.  I think that'll continue on until Backlash.

The WWE Title match was better than I expected.  Cena has that freaky retard strength.  Edge should have kept the belt.

Divas match was a waste of time.  I couldn't even tell if people like Torrie Wilson or Sunny where there.  No wonder that Trish and Lita didn't come back.

IC Title match was another joke.

They should have kept the Divas/Kid Rock on the preshow and let the Tag Title unfication match take it's place and then give time for a 10 minute IC Title match.

If they had structured the card differently and gone with Orton winning they could have had a perfect show.

I still think it was a damn solid show thanks to MITB, Hardys and Taker vs HBK.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Jon Tees

Only Taker Vs Michaels and Money in the Bank lived up to the hype, the rest seemed unworthy of Wrestle mania, the kind of stuff you could have seen on any other event of the year. The Diva match was garbage, noone was introduced and I hadn’t a clue who was involved in the match until after they were eliminated. It was a cluster fuck and I actually would have rather seen the tag team championship unification lumber jack match if given a choice between the two. The I.C title match was so sort that I’m actually surprised they couldn’t fit the Tag title unification match on the card somewhere.

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com

Non Compos Mentis

Grrrrrr, i downloaded the first of those videos and then was forced to come off the internet...now the other two are invalid...ARRGGHHH.

Pure Class Wrestling
PCW Head Of Creative Development
PCW North American Champion (x3)
PCW Tag Team Champion (x1 w/ Ace Anderson)

monopolygezzer

Watched it live it was worth watching the whole card just to see Taker HBK but the fans burned out after that match and the last 2 matches were real disapointments.

S.G. Martins

In my opinion the show was great. I tuned in just in time to watch Shelton Benjamin jump off of a 20 ft ladder onto the MITB competitors. Most people are right about the Ms. Wrestlemania battle royal being pretty crap. Although I am intrigued that Carlito is MRs. Wrestlemania and HBK is Mr. Seems very odd and I am now wondering if it's going to be a new angle with Michaels coming out of the closet. A match that alot of people ignored is the Hardy vs. Hardy match that was pretty impressive. The IC match was garbage, and am dissapointed in not seeing the tag tittle unification match. The two World championship matches were both pretty mediocre but if i had two choose one i'd take the triple threat match. The real main event was the Taker keeping his WM winning streak intact.

Cory

Fucking shitty show. Taker and HBK was fucking awesome, but everything else IMO was garbage....no if ands or buts. MITB was slow this year, and aside from a few Benjamin spots, it was weak. Steamboat/Jericho was the second best match, Ricky brought it, and I didn't mind the Rourke ending. Hardy v/s Hardy (big feud I guess??? Havent been watching) was pretty weak for their standards, I didn't like it. The 2 main events were too predictable and lacking that wow factor after the Taker/HBK match.

Taker/HBK was one of the best matches I think I've seen in any wrestling in maybe 4-5 years. It beats my last 'fav' match in Angle and Michaels from WM a few years ago. I loved this match, and I hate wrestling, but these guys brought it and made everything well worth the download.

HBK/Taker Match: 10/10
WM Overall: 3.5/10 (-HBK/Taker Match)
WM Overall: 5.10 (+ HBK/Taker Match)

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jonny Worldbeater

I'm just going to chime in with my 2 cents here, and before I begin I'd just like to note I didn't get to see the show, but from all accounts I've heard it sounds about what I'd have expected.

One thing I'd like to bring up is that I don't actually get the vibe everyone's talking about with the crowd being 'burned' out by the show. To me, burned out is when you've gotten so into a lot of the earlier parts of the show that you've got nothing left to put into the remainder of the card. This doesn't sound like it was the case here because the crowd was super-hot for Taker/HBK, which was right up there alongside the 'main events'. To me, that says that this crowd wasn't burned out, they were just dead because they couldn't give a fuck about the majority of the show.

Can't say as I blame them though, because really, what was there to get into with the card for this show? They had a good thing going with HHH/Orton, then they peaked too soon, brought Steph back into the mix, fucked that up, had to do it all over again so it wasn't as good, then finished up with a bunch of physicality before the fucking Mania match to fuck the heat again, and then at the show, they by most accounts delivered a sub-standard performance. The rest of the card was also just a bunch of matches that were either built like fucking dog shit or stuff that nobody could care less about to begin with. Even with MITB as the opener, they fucked it by loading it up with a bunch of big, grounded wrestlers who weren't going to add much to the match and a bunch of other guys who were pretty much geeks that made it impossible to pick a winner, much less care who won. The only guy in the match the people really wanted to see get the title shot was Christian, and he didn't win, which took a lot of heat away from the Punk win.

With Taker/HBK, you knew what you were getting into from the start: two of the best workers in the business, arguably the two best guys still going today, who were going to have their first match in 11 years on the biggest stage of them all, and it was going to be fucking great. Add to that the simple, straightforward build they did for it - bereft of needlessly complicated storylines or shit being changed up every week - and you got people to give a shit about the match (surprisingly enough ::)). Not only that, but it was pretty much the ONLY match they got the people to care about because they kept it simple, built it well, and gave the people want they wanted to see out of it. What a novel fucking concept, eh?

Pretty much, I think this year's Mania will go down as one of the worst built Manias in years, and in terms of it's place in history, it'll be right there with WM13 as the one-match show.

That's my take anyway.

Mike Storm

Another note, having a pussycat doll sing the national anthem? Very patriotic and professional

Drama Queen

JBL v Mysterio was an IC Title match?

Why the hell are two former world champions fighting over the IC title? I'll post a whole other rant about this later!

monopolygezzer

Tezmission Black

Quote from: Drama Queen on April 07, 2009, 06:17:39 AM
JBL v Mysterio was an IC Title match?

Why the hell are two former world champions fighting over the IC title? I'll post a whole other rant about this later!

Cause WWE is at the point that none of the low carders are ready for the IC title, or the ones that are, was in the MITB match up.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Ian’s Wrestlemania Thoughts

Well I have finally powered my way through the entire PPV and have some thoughts to share with the E-Fed Knights and TFWF Galaxy (see what I did there!). I have to admit I have a slight case of mixed reaction from the show as a whole, but I best break it down for you all...

Unification of the Tag Titles...Apparently

Seriously, what the fuck dropping this from the Main show, I didn’t see it therefore. I was honestly really looking forward to this. Primo and Morrison are two of my favourite stars to watch wrestle and I believe Miz is probably the most improved in ring performer there is. Despite WWE staff not being high on Carlito I also like his work as well. So yeah pretty fucked off this was left off the main card.

Three’s A Crowd
Uncomfortable listening...Cole and JR cannot work together. Cole is a shite play by play guy as we all know, Ross is brilliant, but I felt was moved to more of an analyst role during this PPV. King was pulling some of the lamest jokes out ever and probably made Abrigo cry. Should have been JR and King for old times sake and the Smackdown/RAW bases covered.

Star Spangled Bummer
Some chick from the Pussycat Dolls is the best you can get to do the National Anthem at Mania 25...well done Vince...NOT.

Funny Its Wank Ladder Match
I usually love this match, but I have to admit I was very disappointed this year. The choice of combatants was totally wrong anyway. Kane...Mark Henry...Finlay. Ok I can just about handle Finlay in this match, but the other two is just fucking stupid. I was also impressed how over Christian and MVP were with the crowd in attendance. Was it me or were there boos for Punk? Has he contracted a case of Cenaitis? I don’t know, but suffice to say there was still some amazing spots. Benjamin’s dive from the top of the ladder was sick as hell and pretty much Kofi Kingston was awesome throughout. Couple of missed spots, but I think some of it was just poor choice of trying to do ‘too much’ with guys who maybe aren’t as use to doing too much. I think the wrong guy won to be honest. I like Punk, but WWE weren’t willing to have faith in him last year, nothing for my mind has changed this year. I was disappointed and pretty much summing this match up for me was the opening moments were Mark Henry took 4 minutes to slowly charge Kane trapped in the corner and I thought this will suck.

Kid Rock sings...again...and again...and again followed by Tranny Gate

Random Kid Rock moment and some Divas come out and then throw each other around Kid Rock is boring and got no reaction, nice one dick face. Satino being in the match I actually think was a slight insult to the hard working Divas like Mickie James, Victoria, Beth Phoenix and Molly Holly. Dont get me wrong, I get how its suppose to be funny, but I think it was built wrong, Satino should have spent the build up to the match either cussing out the idea of the Diva battle royal and trying NOT to get it only to get in as Satinia and win it. Stupid match, however it made Kid Rock’s songs sound better...

Steamboat and 2 Twats vs. Jericho
God bless Steamboat for making this match watchable, it was appalling as hell, but high flying Ricky as well as those super arm drags were brilliant. Snuka...go check yourself into a mental institute. Piper...go get a new hip. Flair cheering them on and also having Rourke at ringside was overkill. The ending was pathetic as well. Rourke didn’t look like he could be assed to be there and took too long to get into the ring. Thanks Mickey for shitting on this shite angle even further.

Hardy vs. Hardy

Now to be honest this was one of my favourite matches of the night. You know Matt and Jeff are going to be putting on a show. The reference of the dead dog was stupid though. Matt Hardy is a tremendous heel and needs to be pushed as such once more. Jeff did a sick bump off the top of the ladder and the Twist of Fate on the chair was awesome. Well done Hardys, they should have given you a bigger stage with a belt to match for this one seeing as Matt was apparently jealous Jeff had a belt. Instead they made your feud about a dead pooch...well booked Vince. Not.

Intercontinent....oh wait its over

So is Rey Mysterio suppose to be appealing to young kids dressed as a psycho killer of Batman? If I had a son there I reckon he would poop his pants. It was more a tribute to Doink the fucking clown than Heath Ledger. JBL’s massive man boobs caused by a lack of roids were about the only entertaining thing about this whole contest. It was stupid and they could have done something with this belt that meant something. Now it just made JBL look like a joke. Even though he is a prick I don’t think he should have gone out like this.

One of the greatest matches I have ever seen

Thank you to The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels for making it worth getting this PPV. You are legends and your match was tremendous, a lot of the younger talent could learn how to work a match from these two men. I am glad I witnessed it.

World Title Tri Fector of Mixed Reactions

I have to give Cena credit its one of the best matches I have seen him in. I didn’t think Edge got enough exposure, but I also get the impression he has been edged out (pardon the pun) of the title picture anyways. I mean how is he suppose to get decent heat when his missus is fucking the great big dude. That’s shit booking and I know they used it to get Cena over as Detective Inspector Funnypants, but on the same token it was damaging to Edge. I like it how Cena blatantly fucked the final move and they improvised with the old double Attitude Adjuster thingy, I don’t know. I mean if anything I think when people marked out for Cena’s original entrance music it should be a strong indicator to WWE what John Cena the fans prefer. If he was rapper Cena and didn’t care if he was booed or cheered then it would work...then the fans would love him.

Hall of Lame

Gay...gay...and further gay. I did enjoy the speed in which Austin shot down the ramp on that ATV fuck me that was fast. Apart from that it was pointless. Though Austin is a legend and deserved his moment under the lights once more to say thanks.

Orton vs HHH

Sammy told me this was going to be a bollocks match before I watched it, I figured when he said this and I hadn’t watched it HHH won and carried a lame match for a while. Suffice to say it was pants, it wasn’t good pants like Ants Pants (zing) it was pants as in I cant believe how good the hype, the videos the history (minus the Benoit mention lol) and everything just got pooped on from a great height. What the fuck was the ending about. The problem was they tried telling a story where HHH was so pissed off that he just wanted to beat the utter shit out of Randy Orton, and thats DEAD WRONG TO FINISH MANIA. Mania should have been a finish like a Taker vs Michaels match. Something we were all left thinking it was a match both men wanted to win so damn bad. In this you were given the sense because of the way they ran it and because of the storyline it was about one man wanting to kill another man...the match itself was so well disjointed and uncomfortable to watch it really topped off what I thought was an extremely sub par PPV. I hope those who come back to WWE on the build up to Mania wont be telling us ‘Told you so’ even though they could be right it was that poor...

Sincerely

Disappointed Wrestling Fan
England

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Exile

MiTB is always entertaining, Kofi is the man.

Steamboat still is pimp

Taker vs HBK was unreal, honestly i thought this was gonna be crap and just end up being a taker love fest but it was brilliantly worked.

Cena getting big show and edge up was fuckin cool, the rest sucked.

HHH/Orton had one of the worst WM finishes ever. They spent how long shoving orton down our throats and then BURIED him in the finish. Punt, sledgehammer, pedigree, then a beating before the pin with no other offense from orton? Jesus who did he piss off.

Last year was so interesting I tuned into raw and smackdown until little past backlash when it sucked again. This time i cant be fucked to.