*OFFICIAL* Wrestlemania 25 Topic *Possible Spoilers*

Started by Russ, April 05, 2009, 03:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Wrong

Quote from: Lemke on April 08, 2009, 04:38:31 AM
Cena getting big show and edge up was fuckin cool, the rest sucked.

No Lemke, Vickie Guerrero was apparently getting Edge and show up, not Cena although the latter is more feasible.

Tezmission Black

Ok I went back and watched it again, the show still sucked with the exception of Taker vs HBK and when Steamboat was in the ring with Jericho, but something I did notice the second time was the fact that the announcing as gotten worse. Micheal Cole is a complete moron, King is oblivious, and JR seems to be getting worse as he ages at the announcing thing. I think from the announcing aspect the only thing that can save it is getting someone to compliment Matt Stryker and make them lead announce team...but I know they'll never get rid of JR or King.

chunkylover

So overall, this was W-rerun-mania...

Cena faced Edge at the December 8th Slammy's Special
and the Draft special on Raw in 2008

Michaels and Taker, well, they faced off many times in the late 90's, they were the last two men in the royal rumble 2007 and they met at no way out 2007

and, after some research, I can say that HHH and Orton have squared off one-on-one at:

Unforgiven 2004
Royal Rumble 2005
twice at No Mercy 2007
Judgement Day 2008
One Night Stand 2008

so, 7 times in 5 years, with part of the 5th to go...

The Rock and Austin, one of the biggest fueds ever, and they only faced off one on one on PPV's three times....

Wrestlemania 15, 17 and 19.

Great Booking, this Orton/HHH super-fued.

James Onlee

Biggest problem is that WWE pushes who they want, and not who should be.  Simple as that.  That is why we have the same main events 7 times in 5 years.  Also, I saw before Mania a list of everytime Cena and Edge faced off...it was just simply rediculous.

Adam Wrong

did anyone see the first aider tendin to matt durin the hardy's match? It made me realise there was no blood this year!

chunkylover

I think the Hardy's match could have used some claret, both men have been blading over 10 years now, wonder why it wasn't allowed.

Duckman

It's for the PG-13 rating.  Same as it was back in the early 90s.  They can't get that rating if they show blood and if they can't get that rating then none of Cena's fans can watch the show.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

chunkylover

Really? I think you'd need the blood to signify that it is NOT okay to try it at home. If you can twist of fate someone on a chair without drawing blood then someone's bound to imitate it.

Duckman

I don't make the rules bud.  You're right though, seems weird considering some of the huge bumps.

Peace

Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

chunkylover

Do they still show all the giant bumps for the "Don't Try this at Home" idents?

"Necks Broken"

"Careers ended in an instant"

Benoit: "I ruptured a disc which... fragmented into my spinal column"

Then an image of Foley being lobbed off the HIAC

this still used?

Duckman

Nope.  Usually just someone like Cena or Lillian Garcia telling them not to do it.  Pretty lame. 

Peace

Duckman

Russ

Would've been pointless to blade the ending spot dude; there are two main ideas of blading

1. To look cool and get the crowd into it more by going 'Wow look he's bleedin!' (Or words to that effect - Think crimson masks and stuffed pigs)
2. To utilise the idea of losing too much blood and thus the face comback looks that much more impressive if he's overcoming both the opponent and the fact he's got alot less blood than before.

Now once the TOF hit, there was a pin, and then the camera showing Matt celebrating and Jeff 'out cold'. The blading wouldn't have affected the match and plus, it would have been way obvious to the viewers that the 'unconcious' Jeff was infact cutting his forehead open...
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Gary

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Duckman

Quote from: Russpect! on April 09, 2009, 08:27:48 PM
Would've been pointless to blade the ending spot dude; there are two main ideas of blading

1. To look cool and get the crowd into it more by going 'Wow look he's bleedin!' (Or words to that effect - Think crimson masks and stuffed pigs)
2. To utilise the idea of losing too much blood and thus the face comback looks that much more impressive if he's overcoming both the opponent and the fact he's got alot less blood than before.

Now once the TOF hit, there was a pin, and then the camera showing Matt celebrating and Jeff 'out cold'. The blading wouldn't have affected the match and plus, it would have been way obvious to the viewers that the 'unconcious' Jeff was infact cutting his forehead open...

I don't think he meant blading in that exact spot Russ.

It was a general comparision that you've got a guy being hit with a move that could potentially shatter his jaw or his break his neck on a PG-13 show.  But they won't show or use blood because it's a PG-13 show.  It's one of those weird double standard situations.

I don't think the exact spot in the finish of the Hardy's match was the issue.

It would've made a TON of a sense for Orton to blade simply because of the story they were trying to tell in that match.

Plus they do blading from time to time.  Flair bled on Raw in that angle with Jericho not that long ago and it really added to the viciousness of the beat down

Peace

Duckman