News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

'Playboy' Buddy Rose Found Dead

Started by Jonny Worldbeater, April 29, 2009, 04:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny Worldbeater

Quote from: f4wonline.comPaul Perschmann, aka Playboy Buddy Rose, was found dead today by his wife at his home in Portland, OR. No cause of death is known at this time, though he told people that he had been having blood sugar issues with his diabetes of late. Buddy worked for both WWF and AWA and was one of the great stars of Don Owen's Portland Wrestling. He helped groom a lot of wrestlers both in the ring (including Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty in an early tag feud with partner Doug Somers) and later at his wrestling school, which he operated until recently with "Colonel DeBeers" Ed Wiskoski. Both Buddy and Ed were honored by the Cauliflower Alley Club in 2004. He holds the honor of being in the first-ever WrestleMania match on March 31st, 1985, as the masked Executioner, losing to Tito Santana. More info on his life and career is available at his website, which is located here.

Bryan

Jon Tees

Rose had health problems in recent years and for as long as I can remember was overweight/obese. So although his death under those circumstances is not shocking, it’s still rather sad. Rose will no doubt be missed.
Rest in Peace Playboy Buddy Rose.

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com

hms1310

Never saw match of his early stuff when I was little until recently. That tag match against the Rockers in the AWA was intense and one of the few AWA matches that didn't bore me to tears.

And I'll always fondly remember him being the lamb to slaughter for Kerry Von Erich's WWF debut on Saturday Night's Main Event when he literally fell on his ass onto the floor. lol

RIP

Kise

Rest in peace...

I remember seeing that as well, hms. He was never the most fit guy, but I would never suspect his weight/health to be a problem.