News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Wow, and I thought EFKers hated TNA

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, May 14, 2010, 10:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

The latest issue of Power Slam, an independent monthly non-kayfabe wrestling magazine published in the United Kingdom, features a story on the recent passing of Chris Kanyon. James Mitchell, a close friend of his, contributes heavily to the piece, giving his views on the troubled life of his departed friend. The article talks about Chris struggling to come to terms with his sexuality and how he wanted to create a positive gay wrestling persona, described as a 'normal masculine babyface who just happened to be gay'. However, no major wrestling company was willing to experiment his idea.

The conclusion of the article notes that a few of his close friends, including Mitchell, believe "the last straw" for the troubled former Wrestling star was the debut of Orlando Jordan's 'openly bisexual' character in TNA Wrestling.

Here is what was written: "Mitchell and some other of Kanyon's close friends believe the last straw for the troubled Kanyon was likely the TNA debut of Orlando Jordan's 'openly bisexual' character, which seeks to exploit the character's sexuality for cheap heel heat instead of promoting tolerance and acceptance. Those who were close to Chris are of the opinion Kanyon regarded this as a mockery of the wrestling angle he felt was his "life's work" and "destiny". He took a fatal overdose of pills shortly after the character's appearance on the Monday March 29 iMPACT!."

It should be noted that two different friends of his independently speculated that he may have watched the character's debut on the Mar. 29 episode of iMPACT! and saw Jordan playing a role that in his mind felt should have been his. They felt it set off his latest bout of depression � past the point of no return � as he stopped returning phone calls following that particular evening.

"It could have been, hell that was his idea," said Robert McLearren, one of Kanyon's closest friends outside the business. "That would make sense. The last time I talked to him was Monday afternoon. I could only imagine how he felt knowing someone else got his angle."

McLearren said his final conversation with Kanyon involved him trying to find a book on ecstasy.

"He thought that could finally be the key to helping him find stability," he said. "That's the last I heard from him. I texted him over-and-over again throughout the week, but with no response. Chris was incredibly unhappy. The unhappiness was punctuated by short periods of mania, but for the most part, he just wasn't whole after he left wrestling. He told me once that since he was a kid, that�s all he could think about, all he wanted to do. After that was gone, he just didn't feel like he had anything to live for, the only dream he had was gone. You throw in living with bipolar, and it made for a bad cocktail."

Yes, let's blame TNA for someones death. JESUS!!!

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Gary

Well.. finally they aren't blaming WWE for every random wrestling death.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Russ

They're not blaming TNA Jordan, they're just saying that set off his depression.
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Russaholic on May 14, 2010, 11:26:27 AM
They're not blaming TNA Jordan, they're just saying that set off his depression.

Which in a sense is blaming TNA.

It is them looking for an excuse to say 'hey, this guy was depressed and were going to blame a company he never worked for, because they have a guy on there who is openly gay and uses it as his gimmick.'

Honestly, Orlando Jordan's new gimmick has barely been seen in the past months, his exposure early April was minimal.

It is Mitchells looking for an excuse to 'a' Blame something on the death of his friend and 'b' make the company who released him seem like they are to blame for a wrestlers death.

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Based on that maybe we could have blamed Golddust or Billy and Chuck...stupid fucking point of view and Orlando Jordan is bisexual in real life anyway.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Ian on May 14, 2010, 12:15:28 PM
Based on that maybe we could have blamed Golddust or Billy and Chuck...stupid fucking point of view and Orlando Jordan is bisexual in real life anyway.

Exactly!!!

Just another excuse for people who hate TNA... they'll go of anything!

Regards,

JDM

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Level-One

Pulling at straws. This guy had other problems which were likely a bigger attribute to his death; then Orlando Jordan stealing his role.

With that said; the Orlando Jordan angle is stupid. Just my, IMO. Fortunately, I don't watch TNA long enough to see it fail.

Zombie Gunn

Maybe he read one of Scorpio's RPs.

Not funny? Fine, I'll shutup.

Drama Queen

I honestly don't see it as trying to blame someone. People always look for reasons when someone takes their own life, it's natural. Just because they say that it might have triggered off his depression does not mean that they are bad-mouthing the company. They are just saying he did not react to their decision well, they did not even say it was a bad decision. You are completely over-reacting especially with the title of this thread.

Gary

And we all know..its actually Vince's fault. If he hadnt bought WCW, there would be no TNA, with no TNA, no bi sexual Orlando Jordan gimmick, and with that Kanyon would still be playing second string to DDP.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Jennifer

Not a gimmick I'm fond of, but I agree with DQ. Seems just like grieving, looking for reasons. Maybe it's blame to an extent, but it's certainly no witch hunt.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Black Death

Quote from: Drama Queen on May 14, 2010, 04:33:58 PM
I honestly don't see it as trying to blame someone. People always look for reasons when someone takes their own life, it's natural. Just because they say that it might have triggered off his depression does not mean that they are bad-mouthing the company. They are just saying he did not react to their decision well, they did not even say it was a bad decision. You are completely over-reacting especially with the title of this thread.

totally agree with DQ
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Pardon the pun which plays into 21st century slang language, but if they are looking for reasons for suicide him this is the 'gayest' reason I have ever heard.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Duckman

Quote from: Drama Queen on May 14, 2010, 04:33:58 PM

QFT!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.