News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

TNA Updates/Spoilers/News/Rumors

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, July 12, 2010, 08:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

I really can't be fucked making seperate threads for each topic, so thought I'd cover it in this thread, which I will update as time continues

. Mick Foley is returning to this weeks IMPACT. It is assumed he will be apart of the ECW 'Invasion' storyline which is currently in the works.

. Apparently Hulk and Ezy E don't want Heyman to come to TNA, and are 'attempting' to make it clear to Dixie and TNA management how they feel. Whether this is true or not, I dont know, but its what sources are saying.

. TNA's ratings are increasing each week! I love this for they truly deserve more and more ratings. Don't forget the numbers they were drawing not long ago, now they are happily sitting on 1.1 this week :D good work TNA!

More updates will come, please keep up to date and spread your opinions! :D

Also, to all who hate TNA, stay the hell out of my thread :)

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Hondo

In regards to the Hogan/Bischoff/Heyman rumor...

I believe every word of it. Heyman will only come if he gets 100% creative control. And who will that control be wrested from? You guessed it. So of COURSE they don't want to lose their power. How else would they put themselves in the middle of every storyline and get big paydays for their buddies?

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Rob

1.1? I thought they were getting 1.3/1.4 about 2 months ago..
SixersEagles

[/center]

Gary

i hope heyman does come into TNA, him with the book and not having to deal with finnances, plus the talent tna has..can only lead to good things for the company.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Jonny Worldbeater

Foley's pretty much on the same level as Nash and Hall and Hogan and Flair at this point: not in any condition to really be in the ring anymore and doesn't really do enough or mean enough to make a difference.

Heyman's made it quite clear, the only way circumstances by which he'd be heading to TNA is if the offer they made him was worth his while and if they gave him enough control over the direction to actually make a difference. Outside of that, he's not really interested in wrestling right now, and why exactly would he be when the business is cold and he's linked to a major name in UFC?

If by ratings increasing, you mean 'exactly where they've always been on Thursdays', yeah. They've been drawing the exact same number for years, so again it really doesn't make a difference. If they were consistently - that being the key word - drawing a rating above 2.0, then you'd have something to talk about because that would at least show some signifcant growth. As it stands, getting back to the same ratings they were doing on Thursdays for years after being absolutely killed on Mondays isn't much of a good sign, and neither is breaking a 1.2 for a week.

Gary

JB im not a TNA fan but JDM asked to keep this thread positive.

[/center]

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Gary on July 12, 2010, 11:36:58 PM
JB im not a TNA fan but JDM asked to keep this thread positive.

THANKYOU!!!

JB, we know you hate TNA, just leave it at that.

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

! JDM The Professional !

QuoteCredit: The Wrestling Observer (f4wonline.com)

There is a ton of stuff going on behind the scenes right now within TNA Wrestling. As of this writing, there is no deal between Paul Heyman and TNA. Talks are ongoing with Dixie Carter doing most of the talking with Paul.

Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan were both not at the pay-per-view and both will not be at TV this week. According to a source, Bischoff is at a bike rally and Hogan is recovering from recent back surgery. One source also noted that Hogan wasn't going to be there if the Heyman deal got close as he seems to have some issues with it.

It should also be noted that TNA president Dixie Carter held a company meeting today before the iMPACT! tapings, but it was just to tell everyone to tighten up their ring work. Paul Heyman was not mentioned although he was on the mind of management and talents.

We hope to have more shortly. Stay tuned as things may get quite interesting in the coming weeks. This is backstage wrestling politics to a tee.

The highlighted clearly shows the probable reasons why both were not at IMPACT or the ppv.

As for Dixie telling people to tighten up their in ring work. I wish people would understand, and I am sure most people will understand when I say that in every line of profession, the person in charge can never allow their staff to slack off or anything, hence why she is encouraging them to tighten their in ring work up.

What this source DOESN'T mention is the positive things she would have said to the talent, which I can 99% guarantee that she would have praised them for their work along side with asking them to just tighten stuff up. Simple as that in my mind.

Quote from: Jonny Worldbeater on July 12, 2010, 11:21:07 PM

If by ratings increasing, you mean 'exactly where they've always been on Thursdays', yeah. They've been drawing the exact same number for years, so again it really doesn't make a difference. If they were consistently - that being the key word - drawing a rating above 2.0, then you'd have something to talk about because that would at least show some signifcant growth. As it stands, getting back to the same ratings they were doing on Thursdays for years after being absolutely killed on Mondays isn't much of a good sign, and neither is breaking a 1.2 for a week.

his there is proof that you haven't been watching TNA's rankings.... I can't remember in any order, but as of late, TNA had been getting mainly .9's and a few 1.0's since moving back to thursdays. Hitting 1.1 is awesome considering they were on .9's for a little stint there. Be grateful for what you relieve I say.

Regards,

JDM

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

! JDM The Professional !

. TNA did another 1.1 this week

. -- WWE  and TNA will be going head-to-head on September 25th, when WWE runs Madison Square Garden and TNA holds an event 40 minutes away by train in Rahway, NJ.

. TNA Wrestling officials are trying to put together a match between Rob Van Dam  and Jerry Lynn for next month's Hard Justice pay-per-view, which would renew one of the most memorable rivalries in the history of ECW.

I hope to god for RVD vs Jerry Lynn!! That would be great!!

Regards,

JDM

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Gary

if they book Lynn vs RVD I will buy that ppv.

[/center]

! JDM The Professional !

THE REAL REASON

Hulk Hogan underwent 5 back surgeries the past month. That shuts out the rumors that it was because of wanting to sign Pauley

Regards,

JDM

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Hondo

Quote from: ! JDM The Professional ! on July 19, 2010, 05:33:51 AM
THE REAL REASON

Hulk Hogan underwent 5 back surgeries the past month. That shuts out the rumors that it was because of wanting to sign Pauley

Regards,

JDM

Thing is....

Yes, he had some back surgeries and thats the given reason he wasn't at TNA the past few weeks. BUT he did attend fanfest-type events in Chicago AND Canada, if I read correctly. So he can't travel an hour or so to TV in Orlando, but he can jet-set cross country (and OUT of country) for paydays? Nah, not buying it,

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: JackHondo on July 19, 2010, 07:06:48 AM
Thing is....

Yes, he had some back surgeries and thats the given reason he wasn't at TNA the past few weeks. BUT he did attend fanfest-type events in Chicago AND Canada, if I read correctly. So he can't travel an hour or so to TV in Orlando, but he can jet-set cross country (and OUT of country) for paydays? Nah, not buying it,

MM True, when I have time I'll look into it man.

Regards,

JDM

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

! JDM The Professional !

Quote-- Talent expected to appear are Jerry Lynn, The Sandman, Sabu, Spike Dudley, The FBI, Axl Rotten, Balls Mahoney and Swinger. No contracts have been signed and many people booked have asked that their name be kept quiet.

-- They plan is to headline the PPV with an RVD vs. Jerry Lynn match. The plan is to announce two or three matches ahead of time, and then fill the card out via surprise, like ECW used to most of the time.

-- The show is also not the big surprise mentioned previously by Dixie Carter.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

KenFucious

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on July 22, 2010, 11:25:26 AM
Ha! They are going to just keep saying "this isn't the surprise" until something they do gets a positive reaction, then they'll be like "oh yeah, this was what we where talking about!"

QFT.  That's how rookies roll.