News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

TNA Updates/Spoilers/News/Rumors

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, July 12, 2010, 08:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

"Its not as good as it used to be"

I thibk most fans agree, but does that mean it isn't good at the moment? No. Oquit living in the past man. Lol

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Gravedigger

"That doesn't mean there aren't bright spots."

Pretty sure I just says there's good to the current product...

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Gravedigger on October 23, 2016, 11:07:33 PM
"That doesn't mean there aren't bright spots."

Pretty sure I just says there's good to the current product...

It's the equivalent of saying "you're an ugly ass hole who smells like poo and doesn't work hard and you call in sick. 3 or 4 years ago I thought you were cool and there are still times when you make me laugh, but yeah"

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

! JDM The Professional !

In all seriousness, people enjoy shitting on the program more than they do actually watching it because it's the easy/smarky thing to do. It's been like this on this forum for a while which is cool, to each their own. It would be nice to occasionally discuss the product with those who watch it rather than the #loltna brigade.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Gravedigger

I'm not shitting on the program. I never said it was bad, just not as good as it used to be. That doesn't make it bad. I'm shitting on management and their ineptitude...

Black Death

TNA main issue never really been product , quite frankly there where times where they have some of the best in ring matches and great talent roster. Than  there have been times where they product was crap and hard ,  very hard to watch.  Real issue with TNA has been the mismanagement of the business side of things for them.  The hiring of Russo , The hiring of Hogan and Bisseoff , they need to  try to do the same thing wwe was doing, rehash something we already seen  , The awful attempt at trying to re-create the Monday night wars,  the mistreatment of talent , the awful waste of  money. The jumping of Networks ...  I mean I can go on and on.

TNA has been leaking for a long time , there like a cockroach in some ways,  you step on them , you think there dead, you go get a tissue and some how the damn thing is alive . some how they same to stay afloat when they have no business doing that. But it same like there luck is going to run out sooner than later.  Again at the moment has nothing to do with product. The people running it does not have a clue how to run a business right.

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

T-Bonizzle

I doubt someone like Cody Rhodes would have left WWE to join TNA if there was a risk of imminent failure. He has options. WWE would bring him back in a heartbeat.

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: T-Bonizzle on October 24, 2016, 04:28:13 PM
I doubt someone like Cody Rhodes would have left WWE to join TNA if there was a risk of imminent failure. He has options. WWE would bring him back in a heartbeat.

Agreed. The fact is even if Dixie goes there's at least two buyers wanting to continue the product so it would take a lot to bury the fed. It wouldn't surprise me if they change the name one day but that's about it. Speaking of Cody he does have star power that's for sure. The impact zone crowds can be crap but they react so well for him.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Mike Powers

Cody is on a short term, non-exclusive deal.

Drama Queen

Cody left the wwe by choice? I did not realize that!

Black Death

Quote from: Drama Queen on October 24, 2016, 06:48:28 PM
Cody left the wwe by choice? I did not realize that!

yeah , he did not like what the creative was doing with Stardust , he made suggestion , they rejected them ,  He wanted to go back to being Cody and stop playing Stardust.  They were like no , he was like cool , I am out ... Maybe little more to it , but that about it in a nutshell
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Chris Shields

Quote from: T-Bonizzle on October 24, 2016, 04:28:13 PM
He didn't leave WWE to join TNA though. He left WWE, and then happened to join TNA. It's not he decided to jump ship. he got a good offer from them and took it.

Gravedigger

He didn't choose them over ROH. He's going to work there as well.

Rob

I doubt Cody is desperate for the pay out.  They seem to be a lot more shrewd with their money nowadays.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Chris Shields

Quote from: Jack on October 25, 2016, 12:29:26 PM
You could rephrase that and say "After leaving WWE, he CHOSE TNA over all the Japanese promotions, Lucha Underground, ROH, etc. He CHOSE to go to TNA over every other option out there."

Instead of 'happened to join'
Except for the fact that he's working for ROH as well, Lucha Underground hasn't begun filming their next season yet, and a lot of the Japanese promotions take breaks during this time of year. His contract with TNA is short term and non exclusive, and they reached out to him, not the other way around.