News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The last book you read?

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gates

Quote from: Mike Powers on July 03, 2010, 03:46:47 AM
Deaver's short story books (Twisted, More Twisted) are excellent reads as well.

Good to hear. I've got both (as well as some of his other stuff) on my "To Read" list.

The last book I read was The Perfect Woman by James Andrus. It's a thriller that does a good job giving some insight into police investigations and how they unfold. Deals with a man basically trying to find his perfect woman (If that wasn't obvious by the title lol).

Currently am reading The Killing Room by John Manning. Another thriller, this one with supernatural tones to it. Interesting so far, and have hit that point where I'm starting to get hooked.

Zombie Gunn

Just finished the first Black Company book.  Love it so far, but not sure how they've managed to stretch this thing out to another 7 or so books.  I intend to find out.  :)

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Just finished Panic by Jeff Abbott.  Great story and love the way everything falls together bit by bit.  Plus a great twist at the end makes it even better
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Zombie Gunn

Just finished the 2nd in the Black Company series, Shadows Linger. Especially enjoyed the story revolving around Shed and his interesting way of making money. Wouldn't expect this kind of story in a fantasy setting. But I think that's the draw of these books. It takes familiar stories with likable characters and infuses them in a fantastical world. Its not a story about saving the world from an evil force, its about the people that live through it.

Domingo

The Bride Collector by Ted Dekker. Was an interesting thriller considering it is written by a Christian author.

Gates

Just finished the Killing Room by John Manning. Pretty predictable, but still an entertaining read.

Mark Mania

I just finished a book called Obedience by Will Lavender. Tough to get through the first chapter, but after that, it's a real thinker of a book that I couldn't put down.

Zombie Gunn

Finished the 6th book in the black company series.  Just started book 7.  The problem with finding a series that I like is making them last long enough.  I'm gonna end up finishing this thing within a month, lol.

Tezmission Black

The last books I read where the Percy Jackson series, I know there kiddy books, but I liked the topic, so I'm willing to read lol.

Mark Mania

Oddly enough, just finishing up The Hobbit. I never had to read it for school, saw it at the library and said, ah, why the hell not.

Good book though, I used to be a big LOTR fan.

TheHardcoreLegend

Quote from: Allister Black on August 19, 2010, 12:06:30 PM
The last books I read where the Percy Jackson series, I know there kiddy books, but I liked the topic, so I'm willing to read lol.

They were interesting though.

Gates

Just finished "Faceless Killers" by Henning Mankell. Not my usual sort of read, but it was at least decent enough to keep me going through it, and not wanting to throw it against the wall halfway through. Probably won't read anymore of his though, there was just not as much build-up as I'm used to and it just seemed to happen.

Currently halfway through Gregory McDonald's "Fletch" and then its a choice of where to go next.

Mark Mania

Just about to start the full canon of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I'm pumped, I've read a few different short stories from the canon, but never all at once, should be good.

Kurt

My girlfriend wanted me to read The Hunger Games by Suzanna Collins. Not a bad read actually. Had a "1984"-esque feeling to it, and wasn't overly romantic like I was thinking it would be. I'm reading Catching Fire now.

Black Death

Quote from: Allister Black on August 19, 2010, 12:06:30 PM

I love the percy jackson series , great books and great read. 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"