News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The last book you read?

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

Quote from: Heath Weston on July 19, 2011, 10:50:51 AM
Just finished "Random" by Craig Robertson. A book about a serial killer that kills his victims at random (such as picking a name out of a fish bowl of business cards at a restaurant). What made this book even better though, is unlike most novels of the sort I have read, there was no backstory about the police and their involvement in solving the case. At least not from their perspective. The whole thing was written from the killers point of view, almost like he was keeping a diary during the whole experience. First one I've read lately that is in that vein and isn't more to do with the police investigation.

Up next: Game of Thrones.

fiction or non fiction
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Gates

Quote from: Black Death on July 19, 2011, 11:04:18 AM
fiction or non fiction

Fiction. But still well done that it could have been real...if that makes sense.

Drama Queen

Quote from: Heath Weston on July 19, 2011, 10:50:51 AM
Just finished "Random" by Craig Robertson. A book about a serial killer that kills his victims at random (such as picking a name out of a fish bowl of business cards at a restaurant). What made this book even better though, is unlike most novels of the sort I have read, there was no backstory about the police and their involvement in solving the case. At least not from their perspective. The whole thing was written from the killers point of view, almost like he was keeping a diary during the whole experience. First one I've read lately that is in that vein and isn't more to do with the police investigation.

Up next: Game of Thrones.

I totally hear you on the police thing. I tried one of those Alex Cross novels by James Patterson and I was way more interested in the killer than the main protagonist. Whilst the character development of said killer was moderately well done, the whole format did not make entice me to try out any more of the series.

Black Death

you need to check out Dan Wells  "I am not a Serial Killer "  it might interest you . I about a teenage boy we knows that he has the impulses that can make him a serial killer and how he fights the urges until a real one shows up in his small town. To save his family and friends all bets are off

well written book and there are two follow ups to it.

Gates

Quote from: Drama Queen on July 22, 2011, 12:28:13 AM
I totally hear you on the police thing. I tried one of those Alex Cross novels by James Patterson and I was way more interested in the killer than the main protagonist. Whilst the character development of said killer was moderately well done, the whole format did not make entice me to try out any more of the series.

Exactly. I've read tons like that and just can't get into it enough because the part that I am more interested in/captivated by isn't the focus.

I'll give that a look, BD. Sounds like an intriguing read. I've also got "Wasp Factory" by Iain Banks to read soon.

Rob.B

Fool Moon was excellent, best book I've read in a while, I'm hoping Grave Peril can top it, it's started out well  but Fool Moon is a tough act to follow.

Black Death

Quote from: Reaper on July 24, 2011, 01:08:06 PM
Fool Moon was excellent, best book I've read in a while, I'm hoping Grave Peril can top it, it's started out well  but Fool Moon is a tough act to follow.

you will be surprise  ... trust me ,  it gets better , much better

RAHTHPEWA

The Last Book I read was I am Number Four before the movie even came out. The movie isn't anything like the book. The book much better.

Black Death

Quote from: Liz on August 01, 2011, 09:45:14 PM
The Last Book I read was I am Number Four before the movie even came out. The movie isn't anything like the book. The book much better.

They always same to be

RAHTHPEWA

The movie didn't follow the book at all.

Black Death

yep... you should read the Lightning Thief

percy jackson  great read ... book is way better than the movie

Gates

Quote from: Black Death on August 02, 2011, 05:43:20 PM
yep... you should read the Lightning Thief

percy jackson  great read ... book is way better than the movie

It's been my experience that the books are usually always better than the movies. There are a few that follow, but for the most part, most of them don't even come close.

Black Death

Quote from: Heath Weston on August 02, 2011, 06:24:13 PM
It's been my experience that the books are usually always better than the movies. There are a few that follow, but for the most part, most of them don't even come close.

yep

Exile

Just finished the first two books of the Hunger Games trilogy. Man, this series is fucking good. Like really good. Fast reads too, im generally not a speed reader but ive been finishing each book in about 5 or 6 hours.

Domingo

Was thinking about reading the Hunger Games series next. Right now I'm in the middle of The Knight, third book in the Bowers files collection by Steven James. Pretty good, but also focuses a lot more on the profiler's point of view although he isn't the typical profiler.