News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The last book you read?

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorling

I finished Rise of the Governor a few weeks ago. I absolutely love the Walking Dead and have recently got to comic #60. That's when I bought the novel and I really, really enjoyed it.

I won't do any spoilers but sufficed to say, the events leading up to the Governor becoming the Governor certainly explain why he's so messed up, and the end swerve is pretty chilling.

I recommend it, even if you don't watch the show or read the comics.

Mike Powers

Wait, is that a novel, and not a graphic novel? Interesting, as graphic novels have never been my thing.

I'm currently reading Jericho's 2nd book. Not bad, but I feel like his stories are very surface, not in depth enough.

Dorling

Quote from: Mike Powers on December 07, 2012, 10:16:39 AM
Wait, is that a novel, and not a graphic novel? Interesting, as graphic novels have never been my thing.

I'm currently reading Jericho's 2nd book. Not bad, but I feel like his stories are very surface, not in depth enough.

Yep, actual novel. They're doing a bunch of them to explore the backstory of some of the characters I think. I've just started the second one called The Road to Woodbury, focusing on the character of Lilly.

Black Death

Great Novel Dorling ... I enjoy it a lot
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

TheBritishVixen

Studying for my Early Years Professional Status

Stoner

Finished "Cold Night" by Jim Butcher the other day.  Fucking awesome.  Nothing tops the Zombie T-Rex(a moment so epic they used it in a Deadpool comic afterwards!) from Dead Beat, but this one is up there in coolness. 

I like that when Butcher introduces new mechanics into his magic, its stuff that already fits with the current cannon of the series.  As much as I like Terry Goodkind, it always bothered me that he seems to just create new magic as he needs it and despite the fact that it was never mentioned before, someone always knows everything about it(except for how to stop it of course)as soon as its mentioned.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Domingo

Finished 9 Dragons by Michael Connelly a few months ago, but have yet to start on The Drop. Started reading Forbidden by Ted Dekker, then moved on to the second book of that series; Mortal, when I finished it. Plan to start The Drop once I'm done with Mortal.

Black Death

Quote from: Stonerman on December 23, 2012, 03:14:36 PM
Finished "Cold Night" by Jim Butcher the other day.  Fucking awesome.  Nothing tops the Zombie T-Rex(a moment so epic they used it in a Deadpool comic afterwards!) from Dead Beat, but this one is up there in coolness. 

I like that when Butcher introduces new mechanics into his magic, its stuff that already fits with the current cannon of the series.  As much as I like Terry Goodkind, it always bothered me that he seems to just create new magic as he needs it and despite the fact that it was never mentioned before, someone always knows everything about it(except for how to stop it of course)as soon as its mentioned.

Great to find more Dresden fans ...

Kurt

A Feast For Crows by George RR. Martin

*Mini-spoilers*

Thought it was alright; definitely the weakest of the four books I've read in the series, but still readable. The split viewpoints really bothered me though, especially since most of the non-Lannister viewpoints were difficult to get through. Some of the one-off viewpoints were a bit weak as well. I literally didn't know I'd finished the book when I had; the ending seemed really abrupt. The mos redeeming quality was seeing the rise of the new forces we'd only heard about at this point, as well as the overall narrative starting to come together. Overall, it was solid.

Onto A Dance with Dragons!

Black Death

Finish Cold Days by Jim Butcher also ... so amp for the next one.  Love that as Harry powers grows , the universe opens up more and you can see that there something bigger going on that even Harry is not yet aware of.  shit just keeps getting tougher

I love this series...I recommend that you least check it out just great reads .

my fav moment is "meep meep" in summer knight ... laugh out loud  every time I read that

Dorling

I finished the second Walking Dead novel and I loved it. Really expanded more on the history of Woodbury and developed the Governor as well as the characters of Lily, Martinez and Bob Stookey.

I highly recommend it for anybody that likes the show or the graphic novels.

Ty

After fifteen bloody years, I finished the wheel of time series. I read the 14th and final book and I'm in tears. I waited so long for this book, longer than anything. I feel free, accomplished. It was epic.

jagilki

I'm on page 200 or so of AMoL

Rob

I am reading Zoo by James Patterson. It is not very good but I will persist because I always found his Alex Cross novels to be great. Though I'm starting to wish I picked one of the others in the best sellers rack now.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Black Death

I recommend Lee Child

Fucking love Jack Reacher  ... finish his first novel the Killing Zone

damn good