Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The last book you read?

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueenOfTheRing

Quote from: Black Death on April 18, 2010, 03:23:10 PM

how was it I find her funny , was thinking about reading this

It was hysterical.  Make sure you read her other two books as well if you haven't already.

Excaligore

"Nightcrawlers" Bill Pronzini - I don't know, I liked it. Wasn't good enough to get funny warm wet splotches in my pants from reading but was very clear, readable. Decent action. For a modest, and very cliche modern noir detective model, not bad. Nothing I would recommend going out and getting since the world of literature is so broad that I think that I think only the best of the best would be under my consideration recommending. Still, if you have free time, and already have access to it somehow, it's a worthwhile read.

Bryan Payne

They Fought for Each Other, kelly kennedy.  embedded reported with Charlie Company 1-26 while they were in Adhamiya, Iraq.  More combat casualties than anyone in what was considered the worst of the worst neighborhood there.  Sometimes it's tragic, sometime uplifting, but it's always compelling stuff told in a very no nonsense style with a lot of background information on the soldiers themselves. 

! JDM The Professional !

I tried to read that 'book of Eli' but it was in Brail!!!! grrr

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Excaligore

"File Under Popular" Chris Cutler - Basically a music thesis on mostly prog/avant prog rock vs mainstream pop. Obviously, it's a tad biased, and I think overworded, but amazingly poignant even if it came out in 1982 and is mostly referential to pre-80s music. Would honestly recommend to anybody even if most people wouldn't understand it. Even if for selected chapters. Definitely a good read for anyone who, like me, is interested in reading about different approaches on music outside the mainstream recording industry.

Tim-Æ

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom.

It was dumb.

Gary

If I did it

Oj Simpsons take on his relationship with Nicole and how the murder would have gone down "if he had done it". The guy paints himself like a saint and Nicole like a crazy bitch.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Jennifer

Wait so...

It's like mafia wifom, but applied to real life murder?

AWESOME.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Rob

I'm reading Music Instinct by Philip Ball at the moment. A book about the psychology of why we generally enjoy music, very interesting.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Mike Powers

"Roadside Crosses" by Jeffrey Deaver

Meh.  I like Deaver a great deal as an author, but never really got a charge out of this book.  I liked his previous effort, "The Bodies Left Behind" a hell of a lot better.

Black Death

I enjoy anything written by Jeffrey Deaver... fav. book is the Vinished Man
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Rob

Deaver is a great author.

Recently decided to re-read The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Mike Powers

Deaver's short story books (Twisted, More Twisted) are excellent reads as well.

Hyde

I just read The Fortress of Solitude by Jonathan Lethem. It's essentially autobiographical. It's about a white boy who grows up in Brooklyn idolising his black best friend. It's about racial relations, school days, life on the block, growing up, music, oh and a ring that gives you magical powers. I enjoyed it so much that I am now reading one of Lethem's earlier novels, Motherless Brooklyn.

TheHardcoreLegend

I just finished 'The Keys To The Kingdom' series, by Garth Nix.  Very interesting.