News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

GoT

Started by Chris Shields, April 02, 2014, 11:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple B

Quote from: Chris Shields on May 23, 2016, 06:09:40 PM
Seeing that what changed him was how he died. The fact that his whole life was just leading up to that moment, just makes it even more sad.

It's worse than that.  He was warged into by Bran and had to experience his death at a young age, which messed his mind up so bad that he could only say "HODOR" for decades later.  He has to spend the last chunk of that life serving the kid who did it to him.  Every time he says "HODOR" it's a reminder of what is coming.  Every time there's a fight or battle, he gets scared, thinking that this might be the time that he... has to Hold the Door.  And at the end of it all, he held the door.  He lost his mind and became handicapped for almost his entire life serving.  He died serving. 

And now in death... he'll most likely rise again and have to serve in death... to the Night's King.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Triple B

Tonight's episode may have been the most satisfying TV I've seen in years.

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

Quote from: Triple B on June 20, 2016, 01:00:22 AM
Tonight's episode may have been the most satisfying TV I've seen in years.

Yup, everything I wanted to happen, happened.

Fuck those church guys.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Gravedigger

Quote from: Cory on June 20, 2016, 09:39:03 PM
Yup, everything I wanted to happen, happened.

Fuck those church guys.

Did you get the finale already?

¿PapaPancho?

Long Live House of Bolton!!

Drama Queen

I love the fact that Ramsey was put over as a far superior strategist than Jon, Davos and tormund combined. I love how he baited Jon, I love his weasel like, yet logical reasoning for refusing single combat (and his comical change of mind at the end).

This was a great way for Ramsey to leave the show.

I'm gutted that presumably the last giant in westeros has been slain, and I hate the fact that as a viewer rooting for the good guys (or as close as you get with that show) that I now have to be grateful to that manipulative prick, littlefinger but seeing the direwolf banners hanging from winterfell once more and the poetic justice at the end was worth it.

And of course the events across the narrow sea were quite exciting also.

Even though episode nine is usually the epic one each season, looking forward to seeing the other loose ends, namely the trials although I hope they give us at least a hint of aryas next move, and the hound with the brotherhood. It's also been to long since we heard from dorne.

Fnord

Quote from: Gravedigger on June 20, 2016, 11:13:59 PM

That's what I figured when he talked about church guys... lol

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Cory

Quote from: Gravedigger on June 20, 2016, 11:13:59 PM

Oh shit forgot I was an episode behind

Duckman

Why has no wrestling company ever used the name Battle of the Bastards for a show!?

Seriously though, that episode was so damn good.  That shot they used with Jon Snow facing down the charging horses, then keeping it like one shot as the battle raged, that was brilliant TV.  Very similar to the big fight at Castle Black from a few seasons back in the way they shot it. 

But yeah, that was fucking awesome TV all round!

jagilki

just halfway through the finale...

RIP King Butters.

Triple B

I loved every minute of it.  Next year is going to be off the hook with Dany's armada Vs King's Landing and the Lannisters Vs The North Vs The Iron Islands Vs The Night's King Vs The Hound

Cory

Loved everything about the finale.

Only thing I wasn't too sure about was the meaning on Bran seeing the birth of Jon Snow..

Gravedigger

Looked to me like Ned is his uncle, not his father...

So who is his dad?

Gravedigger

Quote from: Gravedigger on June 27, 2016, 10:31:16 PM
Looked to me like Ned is his uncle, not his father...

So who is his dad?

I didn't hear his mom very well when I watched it, but I guess she said Robert. So the old king is his dad?

Midas

Quote from: Gravedigger on June 28, 2016, 12:15:01 AM
I didn't hear his mom very well when I watched it, but I guess she said Robert. So the old king is his dad?

However she was being held hostage at the time of birth... If you recall earlier in the season Ned had to fight his way into the tower. She was being held hostage by Daenerys brother which I believe was confirmed by Robert in the first season if I recall correctly. Fan theory has it as Rhaegar Targaryen is snows father thus making him a Stark and cousin to Sansa, Arya & Bram and  a Taragaryen and nephew to Daenerys.