News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Gareth Bale

Started by Jennifer, November 02, 2010, 05:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

QuoteHow has Bale done in the games since the game against Inter?

Fuck all.   

And of course that comes right before he plays another game where he scored twice...

He's no Messi, but you don't have to set the world alight in every single performance to be a great player. ...Especially when you look at some of the shite in our team, right now. I wouldn't mind most of Spurs' side as backups and in fairness given the injury troubles a lot of them are, but one guy can only do so much.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Duckman

But you do have to do it for more than a quarter of a season.  That's the point everyone seems to be missing.  He's played really well over a tiny period of time.  Messi, Ronald, etc have done it for YEARS, at the highest levels, winning the top competitions in Europe.

If Bale is still peforming at this level in the 2013-14 season then he's in their league.  Until then he's just a good player in a great run of form.

I don't understand why people can't understand this!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

My one thing for Bale as well is pace...pace is a great thing in football...but class sees you through.

Giggs was/is a guy who had tremendous pace and that was his game as well as his mazy runs...had to adapt when he lost his pace. Bale to be a great player needs to continue this over a period of time for me.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Rob

Starting to see what you guys mean... He had glimpses of greatness today against Arsenal, but I'm pretty sure last game he was pretty non-existent. I still think he will become fantastic
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

today was so disappointing.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jennifer

For Bale or for Arsenal?  ;)

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Cory

Sad this is, I dont know who to blame....

Wegner for not subbing on Walcott earlier for a Gunner momentum swing?

Fabianski?

Fab for that idiotic 'block' in the wall?

or what I'm going with, we got beat by a team that wanted it more.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Quadzilla

Bale for me is a lot like Tottenham as a club.

Over rated by their own fans. Six months ago he couldn't get in the team for love nor money, suddenly he hits a purple patch and people talk about him like the second coming of Statham.

Decent player, nothing special. Just like Spurs, decent but nothing special.

Quote from: Russaholic Ewe-ing on February 07, 2012, 03:14:24 PM
By revealing to me that I can play MGS on the Xbox you received the award of BEING THE BEST HUMAN BEING FUCKING EVER.