News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2012 EPL Thread

Started by Cory, August 18, 2012, 12:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob.B

Adam Wrong

Quote from: The Stonewall on September 12, 2012, 09:40:06 AM
And a statement from David Cameron about the Bishop of Liverpool's "Hillsborough Distaster" report.

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/david-camerons-statement-hillsborough-disaster-full-text

While not relevant to this season, it's probably going to re-open more wounds in Liverpool...

Liverpool in 'living in the past shocker. How many times are they going to open and reopen this? Police and government blamed liverpool fans based on their track record. Heysel was still fresh in the memory. Government have been held accountable. Nearly 100 people died and the families continue to dredge it up causing more pain.

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Adam Wrong

Berba starting at the Cottage and scoring twice was fucking awesome

Jerry McClean

Quote from: M.D.K. on September 15, 2012, 03:23:18 PM
Berba starting at the Cottage and scoring twice was fucking awesome

He'll be class for you. Does this mean Petric won't be playing much for now you though? If Jol can get them both in the team there's some real fire power for Fulham

Adam Wrong

Petric was carrying a back injury this week.

He's experimenting with set ups right now. Saturday was a prime example. I personally would like to have Petric and Berba playing alongside with Rodallega as an impact sub. Contrary to some fans, I think once they are used to each other, the midfield could be immense for us. Sidwell (Ginger Iniesta), Diarra, Karagounis, Ruiz, Frei, Kasami, Kaclacnicik and Richardson with Baird moving into a more midfield role as well. We also have the German Iranian who I hope doesn't suck.

I expect a totally different formation against Wigan TBH but feeling positive.

Rod needs a goal... so unlucky with the 3rd goal

Rob

I know Palace arent an EPL team but there's nowhere for me to post about Championship,

Great game tonight against Forest, we should've beaten them about 4/5-0 but I am happy with a 1-1 draw. Zaha was class tonight, a Forest fan said he thought Zaha had about 60% possession himself. But a positive game, made a lot of chances, we just need to convert them now. Either way good performance and now I'm feeling a tiny bit more positive about Cardiff next
SixersEagles

[/center]

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Dorling

Quote from: Rob on August 28, 2012, 06:18:24 PM
It has been long enough for Dougie, it is time to go.

So, Rob...still want Dougie to go?

What did I say? Stick with him.

What happened? 19 points out of a possible 21.

Rob

To be fair every criticism I had of Dougie was rectified. I said they played negatively, now we play very attacking football as is the case against Bolton and Wolves away, he spent money on a few players (Bolasie, Blake, Moritz, Gabbidon, Goodwillie) all of whom are probably Premiership quality. Moritz is definitely a top division player who turned down Rangers to play for Palace. Arguably Palace have the strongest backline in the entire league now (or will do when Paddy's back). It's very encouraging. I just hope that IF Zaha goes that we replace him. The board have said it's all balderdash and DF has stated that Zaha isn't going anywhere this season in case we get promoted, but I'm hoping for at least £12 million for him and for all of that money to be reinvested in transfers and wages immediately.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Dorling

Quote from: Rob on October 10, 2012, 02:24:48 PM
To be fair every criticism I had of Dougie was rectified.

Exactly. Even I as a non Palace fan had faith it would be. Things don't get fixed overnight. Your good run will come to an end and you will get smashed at some point, but Dougie is learning as a boss and the early signs are encouraging. Stick with him and get behind him and maybe he can become a great boss, and not go the way of other promising coaches like Ince, who do well but then get shafted and can't get back in the game.

Rob

To be fair if Dougie had not got it right after all the time he was given, he would had to have gone. We went 27 games in the with only 3 wins. He was given plenty of time to get it right, fortunately now he has and we can move on
SixersEagles

[/center]

Dorling

27 games is nothing. Ferguson was 200 in before he won anything. Chairmen need more faith these days.

Look at Arsenal and Man U. Look at Stoke. Look at Southampton. Then look at Liverpool. Stability is key.

Rob

And Fergie would've lost his job had Sir Steve started Wrighty in either one of those FA Cup final matches. And anyways, at least Fergie won a few more than 3 in 27 matches. They were mid-table with a lot of old players when he joined... When Freedman joined we had a budget with some good players and still almost went down
SixersEagles

[/center]

Dorling

Quote from: Rob on October 12, 2012, 04:14:15 PM
And Fergie would've lost his job had Sir Steve started Wrighty in either one of those FA Cup final matches. And anyways, at least Fergie won a few more than 3 in 27 matches. They were mid-table with a lot of old players when he joined... When Freedman joined we had a budget with some good players and still almost went down

In 88/89 Fergie went through three spells of 2/3 points out of a possible 30. Budget couldn't have been that great at Palace or you could have kept players like Clyne and Ambrose! My point is perfectly valid - things generally get worse before they get better and you have a coach that cares about the club so he needs time. The best example actually, forgetting the obvious ones, would be Curbishley at Charlton. No money but unbelievable stability from a first time manager with an affinity for the club. Nobody will ever do that again because managers get fired too quickly.