News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Football 2012-2013 Season

Started by Rob, February 06, 2013, 03:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk

Michu's problem was that he hasn't really done anything since the League Cup final (as my fantasy team can show you). That trophy seems to be a curse.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Rob

Regardless, Michu has to be credited for a lot of the good things that Swansea have done this season. And RVP and Bale have both had dry spells during this season too.

SixersEagles

[/center]

Kirk

I agree that Michu has been one of the best performers this season, but his dry spell came during the time when people were starting to think about awards. Bale found his form at the perfect time and RVP has a high enough profile to remain in people's thoughts despite a poor spell. It also helps that he has started scoring again recently. Michu should have made the list, but he has missed out because of his post-cup form.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Rob

To be honest I think Bale is just a flash in the pan, he's not spectacular. He has moments of brilliance and sheer class but really!? Has he really walked the league this year?
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

RVP & Suarez were more deserving.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Rob

Fuck Saurez... Blinding footballer but he should be jailed. Racism, assault, putting the game into disrepute... Disgusting bloke really
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

I agree that hes a sack of shit as a person and plays the game like a coward, but up till his suspension he was leading scorer in the league and scored some really crucial goals for Liverpool.

Rob

As I said, fantastic player, he's got the natural gift of netting goals, but I dislike him immensely as a person.

Tomorrow is potentially the biggest day of my season so far. We beat Peterborough and we're in the play-offs... We draw and Forest lose, we're in. We got e very chance of going up if we're in I think, but we need to cross the line before any of us dream of promotion. Nerves are jangling a plenty, more than they were last time we were in the play-offs and Bristol Shitty walloped us one!
SixersEagles

[/center]

Kirk

I hope you hammer them (4-0 would be good).
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Kirk

I think the term "one man team" was invented to describe Spurs this season. Don't get me wrong, they have some good defensive players but I just don't see them being able to win games without Bale. If they sell him in the summer, they are going to be in a lot of trouble next season (because we all know that they won't use the money on any strikers or wingers).

In other news, Wolves were relegated without putting up a fight again (my father is a Wolves fan, so that's why I care about how they're doing). It was another pathetic season on and off the pitch and I think they will be favorites for the drop again next season. Their players are paid too much, eat too much and have no talent. The manager has been to the Brendan Rogers school of PR but doesn't have a single tactical thought in his head. Saunders has said that he won't leave the club, but I think the board needs to purge the club and start from scratch.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Jennifer

Obviously my flag is nailed to the mast as a Tottenham supporter, but I feel the main reason that we've been reliant on Bale is because of a couple frustrating injuries and, well, Levy being a tight git. I appreciate that in that him being stubborn and sticking to his guns is what kept Modric around for another season and was what got us a mint for him, but when what we obviously needed was another striker, he refused to meet the price on Damaio. Supply and demand, y'know...

In any case, Defoe got hurt just as he was in his flow, Kaboul has been out for almost the entire season and tbh is probably our best defender alongside Vertonghen. At the time Sandro got injured, he was aroundabouts the top in the league for tackles and interceptions per game. He's like Parker (who has lost a step) but better. We've also looked limp without Lennon on occasion... Obviously Bale is the lynchpin, but we missed Sandro particularly in a bad way.

Screw Adebayor though. Do not understand him the slightest. Tries hard for a season or two, can't be bothered after that. Inexplicable.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Adam Wrong

I think Fulham have been frustrating in the last few games. 4-2 loss at home to Reading being the lowest ebb. I still think we have done well to be mid table considering we lost our entire midfield in the summer due to stepping down (Murphy) or by Spurs taking Deuce and Moose. We replaced them with Dejagah who has been immense but is now injured and Karagounis who is 104.

Berba plays well when he wants to and it is ridiculously frustrating.

Kirk

Football will never be the same again. It'll be a strange experience watching Utd slip into mid table mediocrity under Moyes.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Cory

Quote from: Kirk on May 08, 2013, 10:06:24 PM
Football will never be the same again. It'll be a strange experience watching Utd slip into mid table mediocrity under Moyes.

Yup. Rooney seems as good as gone to Bayern as well. People wanted to play for Fergie, now that he's gone it's going to be tough. Add in Evra/RVP aren't getting younger, and Nani/Vidic cant stay healthy. its going to be interesting to watch Man U.

I got to shake Sir Alex's hand when I visited the Man U training session a while back and it'll always be something I carry with me. Hes arguably the greatest coach in ANY sport ever, and its going to be weird watching United not get 7 minutes of extra time every game their down by 1.

Dorling

A recent study concluded that Man U get 79 seconds more added time when they're losing compared to when they're winning - add in the fact that the team beating them is likely to waste time and make subs etc and it makes sense. Fergie Time is a bit of a myth all told.

Moyes is a good manager, he will have everything he ever needs at Man U and he will be successful.