News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Football 2012-2013 Season

Started by Rob, February 06, 2013, 03:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk

Quote from: Dorling on May 11, 2013, 04:38:57 PM
Not to be mean Kirk, but to say you 'really didn't want' RVP doesn't show a great deal of judgment! Best striker in the Prem.

I didn't think he would stay fit and thought he was a luxury player (considering the attacking talent we already had) and that the money would be better spent elsewhere. I'll admit that I got that one wrong and that may well be the case with Moyes, but it doesn't mean I have to like the decision.

Well done Wigan. It's good to see the two cups go to teams outside of the big clubs. Maybe it will inspire more clubs to take the cup competition seriously next year.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Flins.

Helluva weekend. Looking forward to tomorrows play-off game, not as much as Rob, but I think either team will give Watford a good game. Watford vs. Brighton would be a fantastic game, and personally, I'm hoping Brighton get promoted just because I think Poyet has done an amazing job with them. Palace will be up there next season with Holloway and Watford would probably be favourites to win the league if they continue with their current transfer policy.

Rob

On the contrary mate I am not looking forward to tomorrows game, they are going to trash us
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Dorling

*Jaw :)

Same thing happened on the final day of league 1 my friend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm8--yA5Dqc

Cory

friggin auto correct and damn, lower league at its best

Flins.

FA Cup champions are down :( Damn shame, but between them and Villa, I'm glad Villa stayed up. Think Newcastle deserved to go down and no doubt they'll hand that last champions league spot to Arsenal on a platter.

Cory

Cazorla was HUGE today, such a brilliant player.

Rob

WE CLAP WITH OUR HANDS WE CLAP WITH OUR HANDS WE'RE CRYSTAL PALACE AND WE CLAP WITH OUR HANDS
SixersEagles

[/center]

Flins.

Looking forward to the playoff final, I think Palace have a good chance, they have, I think, the perfect system to counter Watford. Zaha and Balasie down the wings, and Watford playing with wingbacks, it is where they struggled against Leicester and that diving French guy (Knockaert), Jedinak will be huge for Palace as well, never appreciated how a good a player he is until the Brighton games.

Cory

Can they stop Vydra tho? He looks to be heating up again, Almunia looks to be on high momentum form after his play in the dying minutes.

Rob

Vydra isn't that great, that little fella will look lost standing next to Delaney and Rambo or Gabbidon.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Dorling

Quote from: Rob on May 15, 2013, 05:05:50 AM
Vydra isn't that great, that little fella will look lost standing next to Delaney and Rambo or Gabbidon.

That might be a bit understated. He's a very, very good finisher and doesn't need a lot of chances to put one away. My concern with the 'big boys' of Palace's defence is pace. Watford have loads of it.

Flins.

I don't see Palace defenders pushing up, with Jedinak in front of them, they will be sitting deep and dealing with Vydra and Deeney. From what I have seen of Watford they tend to overwhelm their opponents midfield, wing-backs hugging the touchline, three in midfield and usually Chalobah from the back three pushing forward, that is where it well get dangerous for Gabbidon and Delaney. I think the weakest link for Watford is Anya, the right wingback, stick Zaha on the left and he will have a field day, and with Moxey backing him up, could be a key area. Shame that Murray is out because Wilbraham isn't the greatest, what happened to the days of sticking Danny Butterfield up front and having him run rampant?

Dorling

Yeah I just read about Murray. Massive miss. Could be out for a year.